Options

OMG!! Take a look at this!!!

Comments

• Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,251
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Surely you understand that in the USa you have the most powerful economic country in the world

The $ is rather cheap now, (yea, they have some economic crisis in the US now) maybe we shoul not only buy a GM or Ford, get the whole country. :lol:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

maybe we are both wrong, I noticed he has items signed to a few different names, Lisa being one??? maybe he bought this stuff like that, or got it from friends, who knows....I shot him a few questions to see how deep the collection is. It seems there may be a lot more we havent seen yet
    yea try to get more pics if you can. I'd love to see what else this guy has got just for fun.

Ill try to get more pictures. How much money has he spend on PJ?
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    luke.luke. Posts: 190
    i love pj
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Surely you understand that in the USa you have the most powerful economic country in the world

The $ is rather cheap now, (yea, they have some economic crisis in the US now) maybe we shoul not only buy a GM or Ford, get the whole country. :lol:

im not sure i follow?

The dollar is stronger now than it was a year ago
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

im not sure i follow?

The dollar is stronger now than it was a year ago

Not where im living, here its 20% cheaper now than in May, and the £ is rather cheap to.

About ebay;
    Ill ask if he got more pictures, and we are supposed to discuss the best band in the WORLD here!
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    I would buy the collection, but I think the shipping will be too expensive.
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Interesting how the OP changes into different discussions... :)
    My idea was to think how hard times must be to sell off my complete collection?? And what would i feel after loosing all of these wonderful pieces of memory...it would break my heart!!

I think there is more stuff to come! I am really curios...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Kloddz wrote:
    I would buy the collection, but I think the shipping will be too expensive.

YEP! $ 1000,- is tough
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Thats the laziest ebay auction I ever saw.

is it worth 30k?

quite simply no, although to give the seller credit I think he acknowleges he doesnt expect that price.

There is just not a great deal there that is collectible. I think the majority of the sigs look legit, so if your an auto collector thats a great buy at a sensible price, but 30k is way way way off the mark.

The framing doesnt look exactly prestige stuff, it looks bog standard, the bridges box looks shafted (although great item), and 85% of the posters are readily available, and who wants pictures signed 'to dom'....

odd

I know everyone is different.... but this guy is making it sound like he couldn't survive without selling his collection...and for 30K? :lol:

My husband lost his job and I'm not working (at least a paying job)....we have four kids.... we lost all of our funds we saved as well as our retirement funds.... no health coverage insurance at the moment.... and I'm working on avoiding foreclosure on our house (I'm pretty sure I can do that! :mrgreen:)

I never sold my PJ stuff for more than face value. :P

I sold some of our posters for face value to prevent water shut off last year.

But people react differently I guess - I think it comes from our backgrounds of growing up poor so we know it's not the end of the world and eventually we'll rise again.... yeah, I know it sucks to live in USA when you lose everything and you're denied pretty much everything.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

is it worth 30k?

quite simply no, although to give the seller credit I think he acknowleges he doesnt expect that price.

There is just not a great deal there that is collectible. I think the majority of the sigs look legit, so if your an auto collector thats a great buy at a sensible price, but 30k is way way way off the mark.

The framing doesnt look exactly prestige stuff, it looks bog standard, the bridges box looks shafted (although great item), and 85% of the posters are readily available, and who wants pictures signed 'to dom'....

odd

I know everyone is different.... but this guy is making it sound like he couldn't survive without selling his collection...and for 30K? :lol:

My husband lost his job and I'm not working (at least a paying job)....we have four kids.... we lost all of our funds we saved as well as our retirement funds.... no health coverage insurance at the moment.... and I'm working on avoiding foreclosure on our house (I'm pretty sure I can do that! :mrgreen:)

But people react differently I guess - I think it comes from our backgrounds of growing up poor so we know it's not the end of the world and eventually we'll rise again.... yeah, I know it sucks to live in USA when you lose everything and you're denied pretty much everything.

Sounds like hard times. Hope it's all gonna turn out right.

I agree that the seller is going to town with the sale, sure, losing a job is a big financial hit but selling EVERYTHING?! That is overkill...

I think the seller just heard a leak of Backspacer, was the only person on the planet not to like it and decided to sell all of thier Pearl Jam stuff in one go!
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    This guy must be a roady of a groupy.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    TOPIC INTEGRITY folks
    Some nice stuff there-and its an impressive collection as far as I can tell from the descriptions and photos
    But if the dude aint working-than he should sell each item individually, set reasonable reserves and charge actual shipping costs-make that his job.
    He would make a LOT more cash
  • Options

Sounds like hard times. Hope it's all gonna turn out right.

I agree that the seller is going to town with the sale, sure, losing a job is a big financial hit but selling EVERYTHING?! That is overkill...

I think the seller just heard a leak of Backspacer, was the only person on the planet not to like it and decided to sell all of thier Pearl Jam stuff in one go!

Thanks - we'll be fine...the roads have been bumpy and we always manage to make it, somehow. :D

It is overkill, I agree... and maybe your theory is right and I'm thinking that if he really lost his job, then he has a hard time giving up his lifestyle that he thought he could continue with 30K? Who knows...
    Get_Right wrote:
    TOPIC INTEGRITY folks
    Some nice stuff there-and its an impressive collection as far as I can tell from the descriptions and photos
    But if the dude aint working-than he should sell each item individually, set reasonable reserves and charge actual shipping costs-make that his job.
    He would make a LOT more cash

That would be logic.... I'm sure he reads here too? If he did...I'm sure he'd take your advice. :lol:

Then again....maybe he already has a job and doesn't want to bother doing them one by one? who knows....

I have a hard time believing what people write about themselves on their websites/ebay/whatever.... I prefer testimonials and ask around about that person to get the feel of that person's character.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    it seems to me that he hasn't got the time to wait and sell the items step by step but on the other hand the duration fo the auction is 30 days?!?! :o

And i am quite sure that he/she is a TC member...
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

is it worth 30k?

odd

This sucks so much, I hope all this works out for you.

Post a list of the posters you had to sell or any you want to recover and I;ll see what i have that i'm not using....
  • Options
    think this person shoulda been paying more attention to his/her work than traveling the globe for this stuff...?
  • Options
    think this person shoulda been paying more attention to his/her work than traveling the globe for this stuff...?

is not as simple as you make it seem, is not a black and white issue, maybe he worked as a roady or worked for a record label, maybe he lost his job a year ago or some business he had didn't lift off.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Post a list of the posters you had to sell or any you want to recover and I;ll see what i have that i'm not using....

Thanks for the offer, pdalowsky - it's appreciated. :D

I am not mourning over them....those were the posters we didn't go to the shows so that did make things easier

It was in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1326 - wow, didn't realize it was last year in the same month! Damn...didn't realize things have been rough that long. :lol: And we're still here! :mrgreen:

I don't need to recover those posters at all...glad they all found good homes! :D I found that I still have a few posters I overlooked at that time like the guy with a snake (1995)...but not really up to it right now, got too many things on my mind right now. I have so many appointments and meetings to go to so don't know when I'd get around to that - probably not. I didn't enjoy being worried I did the shipping/package right and got them out to everyone ok... that was stressful. I don't know how Santos does it. lol
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Thanks for the offer, pdalowsky - it's appreciated. :D

I am not mourning over them....those were the posters we didn't go to the shows so that did make things easier

It was in this thread http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1326 - wow, didn't realize it was last year in the same month! Damn...didn't realize things have been rough that long. :lol: And we're still here! :mrgreen:

I don't need to recover those posters at all...glad they all found good homes! :D I found that I still have a few posters I overlooked at that time like the guy with a snake (1995)...but not really up to it right now, got too many things on my mind right now. I have so many appointments and meetings to go to so don't know when I'd get around to that - probably not. I didn't enjoy being worried I did the shipping/package right and got them out to everyone ok... that was stressful. I don't know how Santos does it. lol

Yeah I know what you mean poster packing is a fine art in itself.

I do recommend trying to ship the Klausen Manchester 09, that print needs a wide tube the stock is so heavy. I saw two guys at the gig trying to squeeze it into a tiny little tube, ruining it totally, and proceeding to fold it up and put it in thier bags. Unreal

If you ever need to refind any of the posters give me a shout, I'll help you out for sure, I have a lot sat doing nothing and if it could brighten up your situation I'd find that more than worthwhile

I've given a few away before, and its nice to have them find someone who appreciates them.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Mortality wrote:
    I didnt say it was a good thing. I said its sad that the rest of the world doesnt know anything about the USA.

I think I know more about USA than you know about SWEDEN :lol::lol:

...we know enough. :lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    deek74deek74 Posts: 111
    For $30,000 + $400 shipping. For $30,000 shipping should be free.
    1996 Randals Island NY, Hartford 1998 Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2000 Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2003 Mansfield I, Mansfield III 2004 Boston I, Boston II 2006 Boston I, Boston II 2008 Hartford, Boston I, Boston II, Eddie Vedder Boston II 2009 Philly III 2010 Boston 2011 Eddie Vedder Providence, Eddie Vedder Boston 2011 PJ20 I, PJ20 II 2013 Worcester I, Worcester II
  • Options
    stotstot Posts: 207
    The auction has been updated with a message for the members of this forum...

Update Message to Message Pitt Contributors:
    I have seen many negative comments on the PJ Message Pitt- About my collection and Complaints as to why I am selling this- I have also seen positive comments about the listing and to those people I say, "Thank You"-- For the Negative folks (as if they ever lack on the message pitt) All I have to say is read the starting part of my listing- What should I do? Ask the Government for help? Or do I just suck it up and do what I have to do? Everything is Original - If you want to cover my bills then by all means send me an email and I'll give you my address so that you Negative persons could start sending me money! Do you really think a groupie would invest this much time and money?
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    I think many people are baffled that you are selling this all as one to pay bills. If your collection means a lot to you why not sell things as you need to? So if things turn round for you you've not lost the lot.

Still I for one wish you well with this. Some of your sigs are excellent
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    For me this huge collection is not worth much. Just because I am not a fan of posters. Even signed.

But I guess - selling this must very hard for the man who collected it for many years probably.

Please don't judge Him. Words like "I would never, ever, ever, sell my PJ... collections, albums, postcards, T-shirts, tattoos, etc..." can sometimes be said in bad moment. There are so many situations... Immagine - You bought house for Your family and then unexpected You lost Your job and have no money for installments. Tell Your family that You will soon live under a bridge...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    Well a collection like this is like an insurance, is nice to have it but people grow old and they understand that is better to pay rent than live under a bridge with your kids in a tent made of really expensive posters, I'm sure this must be really painful to him, I wish him the best and I hope he find a job before he let go some of his collection.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    To the guy selling this stuff.....

All the best with raising funds. Hope someone gives you good money for your collection. Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Options
    He added several other rare items, really an amazing collection!!! Best wishes for his auction!! Hope he gets the money he expected!!
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Apologies to the seller if I was rude back there; like others, I think we were just talking and it was nothing personal. The people who were commenting are good people here. Didn't intend to offend, fingers work faster than the brain at times!

Best of luck with the sale and everything else. More power to you.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    $30K????

$30K?????

Good for him.....

I hope he gets $40K.......................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    all of those autographs look shady

No they don't.

The ed ones most def do, Mikes look pretty good, other then that it is hard to tell....
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}