Options

Santos sent me whole stack of Backspacer posters!!

Comments

• Options
    They absolutely have to hit Michigan TODAY dammit!! I've got everything planned out to distribute!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    They hit Chicago yesterday...unfortunately I wasn't home to sign for the UPS guy :roll:
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    What are you waiting for?!!!

Hit the streets people!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    What are you waiting for?!!!

Hit the streets people!!!!!!!!

HA!

Phoenix and Tempe started getting plastered last night and will be finished by later tonight!
    :D
  • Options
    got mine yesterday in the chi-town burbs.

so far have plastered them all over a particular university ;)
    where i happen to also teach

hitting up the one indie record store left out by me later today and some tattoo places and beverage establishments as well later this afternoon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Please make sure you are all documenting where you're hanging them!! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    I have not received my package yet and am disappointed because I hoped to spend a day distributing them to an area in town. :cry: Doubt if they are set up for Saturday delivery either. Hope they come soon because there are literally thousands of people pouring in here for the G20 summit next week and that's a lot of exposure. Is there a way to track the package's location without the tracking number?
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Got mine in upstate NY! Will be busy tonight and this weekend...
  • Options
    Got mine today. off to hang them after soccer coach clinic. Saw two scumbags selling them on ebay from cali!!
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Taking a few with me to the Black Crowes show tonight, too. Hopefully, it'll be a good place to start!
  • Options
    Just got mine today in Eastern PA!! I'm still flippin out at the sheer excitement of it all. This is gonna be such a great bonding time with my friends, plus we'll inevitably get to meet some new people too by hanging stuff up and handing out stickers! Look out Philadelphia...

By the way, a big, BIG thank you to Santos as well as everyone else at the 10Club and Wishlist Foundation. It's a great idea plus I'm so stoked to help the band and the cause. You guys are too cool for taking the time to make the stuff, count it, sort it, mail it, and then tally all the results. My warmest thank yous go out to you all for all that you do.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    st1st1 Posts: 143
    Got mine today too (and my CD!) I live just outside Philly -- can't wait to hit the city and suburbs with the goods!
  • Options
    got my posters today! though i think santos needs to double check his address labels .. mine was addressed to katie katie instead of katie (my last name) :lol:
  • Options
    oh and let me know if anyone wants some of my posters and stickers .. i can put up a few but do not have the time to put up all of them and would hate to see the rest go to waste.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    katellis wrote:
    oh and let me know if anyone wants some of my posters and stickers .. i can put up a few but do not have the time to put up all of them and would hate to see the rest go to waste.

I would love some if you have any spare!! None are coming over to the UK so I could put some up to increase promotion over here, am going to a number of venues in upcoming weeks/months. I'd pay for any shipping to the UK of course.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,410
    I want one!! :(
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    ok I got my package today... I need a little help here guys... what kinda places are you guys going to?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    ok I got my package today... I need a little help here guys... what kinda places are you guys going to?
    bars, indie record shops, tattoo parlors, coffee shops and coffee houses, all over my university
    places like that :)
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    bars, indie record shops, tattoo parlors, coffee shops and coffee houses, all over my university

Thank you! i will map it out tonight and hit the streets tomorrow :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    It's a bit more difficult to hang these than I thought it would be - because someone has already been in Fremont! (where I work) I got 30 minutes in the first day during lunch - but by my next lunch period the whole area was plastered 8-) Which is good, I suppose - but i wanted the points! So I've tried hitting a few other areas - but they are not as easy to decorate because it's not just plastering a few blocks w/ many bars/music shops/head shops/etc. So - busy this weekend! :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options

We went to small clubs that play mostly local bands, rehearsal studios, record shops, stores like buffalo exchange and other small college clothing stores, ski shops, skate shops, tattoo shops, coffee shops, and non-chain book stores.
  • Options
    Yeah three cheers for UPS and a big thank you to our Mr. UPS Man for coming through. I called the local distribution center earlier and they graciously got them to me by 6:00 pm. UPS totally rocked it. 8-) The man said they were going nutz because of all the material being sent here for the G20 Summit. My son and I are hitting the downtown and Southside area tomorrow to get as many as we can posted before the city locksdown at midnight on Sunday. We will then hit the campus area where I recruited several students who are fans to help hit the stores since it is filling rapidly with people from all over. I spoke to several record stores in the area and they are excited and anxious to see the poster and offered me as much space as I wanted. My son wants to hold one up behind every national news teams reporting from here about the upcoming events of the week, so if you see a tall, blonde gangly kid in a Pearl Jam t-shirt walking by holding up the poster, it might be him. J/K :lol: Seriously, though we will adhere to the guidelines and notate each location with an address and photo. When Sunday hits and thousands of people from various sides of the agenda descend on the area they will see these posters in storefronts and clubs along the main thoroughfares. Thank you so much for this opportunity and I can't wait to spread the good news. They really are beautiful, well-crafted, promotional posters that will certainly draw attention to Backspacer and Pearl Jam. Can't wait to get started.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options

Thank you! i will map it out tonight and hit the streets tomorrow :)

Mrs. Vedder 78, you may also want to check out the Wishlist Street Team site in the Intel section for your area that lists the names and addresses of various businesses that would be good places that you can visit. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

• Options
    Anyone going to the Yankees/Mariners game on Saturday night - maybe you can hold up a poster behind home plate!

Screw that John 3:16 stuff!! :D
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    katellis wrote:

Hubby and I would love to help out with the posters and stickers... we've been playing with ideas as if we had gotten the package. ;)

I thought you were from Detroit...but your location says DC?

If you are in the DC area.... then ahhh, better off giving them to someone else in your area so they can help out spread the word in your homestate.

If anyone in Detroit who got the package need some help, please shoot me a PM and we'll cover some areas in Detroit. :)

Thanks!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    katellis wrote:

Hubby and I would love to help out with the posters and stickers... we've been playing with ideas as if we had gotten the package. ;)

If you are in the DC area.... then ahhh, better off giving them to someone else in your area so they can help out spread the word in your homestate.

If anyone in Detroit who got the package need some help, please shoot me a PM and we'll cover some areas in Detroit. :)

Thanks!

i can mail you some if no one locally hooks you up. just shoot me a pm with your adddress. i live in dc now but im originally from detroit. definitely want to see my homestate get covered!
  • Options
    got my package today...I'll be getting to work on the DC area over the weekend as well!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    katellis wrote:
    IamMine wrote:
    katellis wrote:

Thanks!

i can mail you some if no one locally hooks you up. just shoot me a pm with your adddress. i live in dc now but im originally from detroit. definitely want to see my homestate get covered!

Very cool! 8-)

I should, though, find out if dirtytom and NixonInDetroit both got the packages... I believe dirtyTom was one of the first 50s to receive the packages and I don't know about NixonInDetroit.

They both live about 30 minutes away from me... so I wouldn't want to step on any toes if both of them got packages.

I'll let you know after I get word from them and see what's going on with them and what their plans were.

We were going to hit the heart of Detroit. :mrgreen: and then spread from there... if I do get some of your package, let me know which area you'd like to be covered - such as one of your favorites and I'll do that and take some pictures as well.

Thanks for the offer - really appreciate it and sure makes my night! :D

I'
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    i can mail you some if no one locally hooks you up. just shoot me a pm with your adddress. i live in dc now but im originally from detroit. definitely want to see my homestate get covered![/quote]

Very cool! 8-)

I should, though, find out if dirtytom and NixonInDetroit both got the packages... I believe dirtyTom was one of the first 50s to receive the packages and I don't know about NixonInDetroit.

They both live about 30 minutes away from me... so I wouldn't want to step on any toes if both of them got packages.

I'll let you know after I get word from them and see what's going on with them and what their plans were.

We were going to hit the heart of Detroit. :mrgreen: and then spread from there... if I do get some of your package, let me know which area you'd like to be covered - such as one of your favorites and I'll do that and take some pictures as well.

Thanks for the offer - really appreciate it and sure makes my night! :D

I'[/quote]

Got mine yesterday and plan to hit sterling hts, utica, shelby, and royal oak and pontiac.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    i am finding trouble brainstorming where to go with these posters in the rural suberbs...Mrs EV and I had our morning coffee together trying to come up with places and i dont think the town's library is a good match. no local records stores etc. I live in the sticks! Telephone poles where kids stand for their buses?