Buying from the UK

HeyWayneHeyWayne Posts: 316
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Is anyone like me from the UK and buying their Backspacer CD from Amazon.co.uk rather than on here?

Whenever I've bought CD's from the States I've been crucified by taxes when it's hit customs. A shame, but in these tough times...
Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    an $11 Cd will not attract taxes.....

Customs charges in the Uk for purchases over £17 at 15% and then the handling fee is phenomenal.

So tenclub were fine to order from. plus it has the special packaging
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    I went HMV, after the amount of time it took to get some merch from 10c to arrive I didn't want to be waiting ages for the album...hard enough waiting as it is this week!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • pdalowsky wrote:

So tenclub were fine to order from. plus it has the special packaging

That's what was galling, I want the special packaging!

Might cancel my amazon pre-order. Cheers dude.

You don't drive a Seat do you?
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    an $11 Cd will not attract taxes.....

Just had a look online and it comes up at $13.99 - is that because I'm still waiting for my membership renewal to come through?
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • $21.49 (£12.99) including shipping - more expensive, but hopefully worth the money for the spesh packaging...

Or am I just a mug for stuff like that?
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
    Hey dude, that may be right on the price.....

sorry about that,

but even so 14 bucks is about 8 quid...so its cool either way

Seat? no, why you ask??
    HeyWayne wrote:
    $21.49 (£12.99) including shipping - more expensive, but hopefully worth the money for the spesh packaging...

just a mug :lol:

but me too, x 10. I have it preordered all over the place. Im a moron.
  • pdalowsky wrote:

sorry about that,

Seat? no, why you ask??

I only ask, becasue I'm a member on a Seat forum, and a dude on there has a similar avatar to you.

£12.99 of my hard earned is currently winging it's way to the offices of the 10C.

Interestingly enough, the CD listed on Amazon has a "limited edition" gatefold...
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Just going to go to a store.. Have had bad experiences with getting new stuff online.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    pdalowsky wrote:
    HeyWayne wrote:
    $21.49 (£12.99) including shipping - more expensive, but hopefully worth the money for the spesh packaging...

just a mug :lol:

but me too, x 10. I have it preordered all over the place. Im a moron.

:lol: you are so funny.... it doesn't help with your wifey reminding you that all the time, eh?

If I had the money, I'd probably have done the same.... ordering all over the places to have different versions. :roll:

Luckily because of tight budget and my loyalty to the band, I go through 10c first before going to any other places. So that forces me to be in more control....sometimes that doesn't work out too well.

Like the other day Santos put out a thread about "Built to last" t-shirt and water bottle.... I had to buy those on an impulse and postponing one already behind bill for the purchase. :lol: Do I really need them? No! I've got plenty of old PJ shirts and worn out water bottles, but still good to use...

I'd have to hide those when they arrive here...cuz hubby would be pissed (although one of each order is for him). So, it'll be a good while before I can actually wear the shirt and drinking some water out of the bottle!

*hides them in my closet - the PJ secret place* :mrgreen:

I guess what I'm saying is.... you are no more of a moron than I am, just because I don't have the money. :P
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Just going to go to a store.. Have had bad experiences with getting new stuff online.

Trouble is, shops involve other people and I have a people intollerance - especially rude ones.
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
    HeyWayne wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

sorry about that,

Seat? no, why you ask??

I only ask, becasue I'm a member on a Seat forum, and a dude on there has a similar avatar to you.

£12.99 of my hard earned is currently winging it's way to the offices of the 10C.

Interestingly enough, the CD listed on Amazon has a "limited edition" gatefold...

aye there are two Uk releases, one is the gatefold limited one that is bing sold by play and HMV as exclusives.... then the normal release, both are available at 8.99....

no one is selling the book style that tenclub are though, which for me seals the deal

Drive an Audi dude....
  • groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    I went out and bought avocado the day of release as the one I ordered from 10C didn't arrive on release day (about 5 days later if I recall.. and it's still in its shrink wrap!)

Hopefully Backspacer is winging its way over the Atlantic as I type :D
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
    groovyf wrote:
    I went out and bought avocado the day of release as the one I ordered from 10C didn't arrive on release day (about 5 days later if I recall.. and it's still in its shrink wrap!)

Hopefully Backspacer is winging its way over the Atlantic as I type :D

i hope your right but I havent had the 'your order has shipped email yet'....it'll come

think guinness
    HeyWayne wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Trouble is, shops involve other people and I have a people intollerance - especially rude ones.

Explain?

A worker refused to sell you a cd?
  • pdalowsky wrote:

i hope your right but I havent had the 'your order has shipped email yet'....it'll come

think guinness

*Raises a glass to llamas"

I've only just received my "your order has been received" email. I might get my CD for Christmas! :lol:
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • Brisk. wrote:
    HeyWayne wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Explain?

A worker refused to sell you a cd?

Actually - my beef is more with music stores and their layouts rather than people. I'm quite tall (6ft 7), and as a result to see the CD's along the bottom shelves I have to stand back on the other side of the aisle (to avoid crouching down and getting in the way). Then, you get some numpty come and stand right in front of you when you're clearly trying to look for something. Happens all the time, so I just don't go in them now - that or try and my CD's just from teh top three shelves...
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
    Theres no incentive in going to hmv now on release day.

Order through play or HMV and

a) its a lower price
    b) you get it sooner
    c) it lands on your doormat
    d) there are no travelling costs to grab it and park your vehicle....
    e) it takes zero time out of your day

I dont get the going into store thing these days, its sad because Record srtores dominated my youth, but with life being as hectic as it is, there really is no point
    pdalowsky wrote:

a) its a lower price
    b) you get it sooner

I dont get the going into store thing these days, its sad because Record srtores dominated my youth, but with life being as hectic as it is, there really is no point

I've ordered several thing off amazon and they shipped on the day on release not shipped for the day of release.
    Brisk. wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

a) its a lower price
    b) you get it sooner

I've ordered several thing off amazon and they shipped on the day on release not shipped for the day of release.

amazon is different, play and hmv ALWAYS have it there in advance
  • Credit where credits due. Even though HMV fucked us over with the SBE ticket fiasco, they have always been spot on with delivery. Usually turns up on release day or a day or two early.