Options

Who's excited to play 'Backspacer' on Rock BAND?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    I'm hoping that the full Pearl Jam game will have a 'No Fail' mode, then you can play a track with your instrument of choice not sounding and play your 'real' instrument of choice along with the band. I've yet to try it with Beatles, but can see me laying down some dirty solos over their early songs :) The boys need to be introduced to my Wah Wah :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    SS170824 wrote:
    Cool:

sp_guitar.jpg

Lame:

guitar-queer-o-20071108025653425.jpg

I hope you mean playing in your underwear, because implying that playing Rock Band isn't "cool" is asinine.

I am implying that it is not "cool" and it's not that "asinine" to think that.

But to each their own. I still play old school stuff like Tyson's Punch-out and Sonic the Hedgehog so I guess I'm just behind the times.

Why is it not "cool"?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i find pushing buttons to the beat of music to be a silly endeavour.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SS170824 wrote:

But to each their own. I still play old school stuff like Tyson's Punch-out and Sonic the Hedgehog so I guess I'm just behind the times.

Why is it not "cool"?

I can't put it any better than this:
    81 wrote:
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    [q

guitar-queer-o-20071108025653425.jpg[/quote]

i like this post :lol:

any backspacer tabs floating around yet?[/quote]

Think the tabs on this thread will be something like this: Red Button,Blue Button, Green Button, :lol:

Can't understand why people don't buy a cheap guitar for less than the game and learn the real thing?
    Each to thier own I guess. only teasing dont get mad at me gamesmasters!
  • Options
    The Wii has been doing a decent job at keeping up with XBOX and PS3 with the DLC, at worst Backspacer may be available 1 week later. And to those who question why play the music game and not just buy a guitar? Let me make an attempt at an honest response. It's fun. With the game you can play along to your favorite bands (at maximum volume) while your friends and family join in on plastic guitar, drums, and even sing along with a mic, it is a great social game. I have even rocked out with 3 generations of my family each on different instrument. It's a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    SS170824 wrote:

Why is it not "cool"?

I can't put it any better than this:
    81 wrote:

Yet you like beating up animated characters in a boxing video game?

Sounds like a silly endeavor to me, why not take up boxing for real?
  • Options
    So I picked up Beatles Rockband for Wii when it came out. Got the pack with the basic drums and another guitar.

Now, can I use the Rockband drums and microphone for Guitar Hero games? I tried to do so with GH World Tour and it kept saying to connect the drums and microphone (which they already were).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Is this only at Target? I heard it like a month ago, but nothing of recent. I go to the Target site and it says it will have the 2 concert downloads, but nothing about Rock Band...Anyone know??
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    jwhite173 wrote:
    So I picked up Beatles Rockband for Wii when it came out. Got the pack with the basic drums and another guitar.

Now, can I use the Rockband drums and microphone for Guitar Hero games? I tried to do so with GH World Tour and it kept saying to connect the drums and microphone (which they already were).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    The Wii Rock Band instruments don't work with Guitar Hero.
  • Options
    SS170824 wrote:

Yet you like beating up animated characters in a boxing video game?

Sounds like a silly endeavor to me, why not take up boxing for real?

Now you know that's not a good analogy. I couldn't become a boxer if I trained my ass off for it. But you can learn to play guitar if you tried. I'm just saying if you're sitting there with a guitar controller, you can be sitting there with a guitar. It seems like a cool game for kids. But I think it's weird to see people in their 20's playing it.
    I played rock band once over my friend's house. He played guitar while I did vocals on No Sleep Till Brooklyn. The whole thing just felt silly.

And also, don't get too bent out of shape. I post that same cool/lame South Park pic in every guitar hero/rock band thread around here. It's funny. You should check out the episode. It makes fun of guitar hero but I'm sure fans of the game will appreciate some of the humor: http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/127947/
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com