Options

2009 Bridge Show....any rumors, news?

bonowallbonowall Posts: 116
edited September 2009 in The Porch
It's about that time and I haven't seen any recent threads about this one. What's the words folks...any news, hints, or details on whether we can expect PJ to be there this year? Based on schedule and the fact that they haven't been here (The bay) for the past three shows, they are a lock...but I am looking for more info?!?!

If it happens, I am more than willing to help out Wishlist with running about pre-party...perhaps at that same Sports bar. If we DO do that, we will need a LARGE sign to hang out in front. I will NEVER, and i mean NEVER forget talking to Eddie and his lady in Hawaii in 2006 and that Bridge show came up. He turned to her as if they were trying to remember WIshlist and then he said "yeah, you guys held a party before the show out at that bar. We saw signs and were gonna stop but we had to get to soundcheck". All I could muster up from my state of shock was..."maybe next time?!"

I SHIT YOU NOT, this is a true story.

In any event, I'm looking for nuggets here and hoping some of us have some.

PS - Laura, let's connect on this if there is a plan to run a pre-party...I guess we'll wait to see what happens at the announcement.

Cheers!
HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
www.wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bonowall! Good to see you, man!

I hope they play Bridge and I hope the lineup is beautiful...I'd love to make it out there one day.

Cheers indeed! :P
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    You should probably sign up on the 'Rust List' cause you'll find out there or Thrashers Wheat first:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/rust/messages
    http://www.thrasherswheat.org/wheatfield.html

Another big clue is that often some of the Farm Aid bands play Bridge Benefit. Obviously the top 4 play Farm Aid every year, but the other announced Farm Aid performers are (and they dont look too promising):

Willie Nelson
    Neil Young
    John Mellencamp
    Dave Matthews
    Jason Mraz
    Wilco
    Jamey Johnson
    Phosphorescent
    Bridge Benefit 99, 01, 03, 04 (EV), 06
    Las Vegas 03, 06, MSG I & II - 2008
    Halloween Philadelphia, MSG II 2010
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    hey... Chris is back ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,440
    10/24 and 10/25 are the dates according to Wiki. Of the past performers, if they can get PJ, Petty, DMB, REM, Bruce, Alanis and Blues Traveler on same 3-day bill I might have to fly the f out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_School_Benefit

I guess they could fit it in if they're on the West Coast from SD still, but Philly is only days after.
  • Options
    I heard a rumor that Phish was going to be there this year. Also, I think DMB is doing some sort of cruise ship show that weekend so they're probably out.

What I would really love to see is an early Eddie solo set and then a full PJ set later in the day...
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • Options
    UncleNeil wrote:
    You should probably sign up on the 'Rust List' cause you'll find out there or Thrashers Wheat first:

Another big clue is that often some of the Farm Aid bands play Bridge Benefit. Obviously the top 4 play Farm Aid every year, but the other announced Farm Aid performers are (and they dont look too promising):

Willie Nelson
    Neil Young
    John Mellencamp
    Dave Matthews
    Jason Mraz
    Wilco
    Jamey Johnson
    Phosphorescent

That list doesn't look promising? :shock: PJ, Wilco and Phosphorescent would easily put me on a plane.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    hey... Chris is back ;)

What' going on my brother...and sista (avo) ;)

Life has been bust to say the least. Hope all is well with you! Going to LA 4 (on my birthday!)..which ones are you guys going to?
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
    www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
    www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    InThinAir wrote:

What I would really love to see is an early Eddie solo set and then a full PJ set later in the day...

That would kick all kinds of ass! Would definitely help out with the Wishlist party!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    UncleNeil wrote:

Willie Nelson
    Neil Young
    John Mellencamp
    Dave Matthews
    Jason Mraz
    Wilco
    Jamey Johnson
    Phosphorescent

That list doesn't look promising? :shock: PJ, Wilco and Phosphorescent would easily put me on a plane.

I love the Bridge Benefit. Ive went for 13 years straight until last year. If I have to sit through Jason Mraz, Jamey Johnson and Phosphorescent (a band I've never heard of) that makes for a long day. What is this 'Phosphrescent'. Are they good?
    Bridge Benefit 99, 01, 03, 04 (EV), 06
    Las Vegas 03, 06, MSG I & II - 2008
    Halloween Philadelphia, MSG II 2010
  • Options
    http://www.myspace.com/phosphorescent

Check him out...I think a Neil fan might dig.
    bonowall wrote:
    hey... Chris is back ;)

What' going on my brother...and sista (avo) ;)

Life has been bust to say the least. Hope all is well with you! Going to LA 4 (on my birthday!)..which ones are you guys going to?

Happy birthday in advance! I'll be at Austin City Limits and Philly 3 and 4...and hopefully a repeat of the Hawaii '06 shenanigans? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Bob Dylan has a break in his tour schedule, I expect him to be there. Bob and Eddie singing "Masters of War"! 8-)
    Golden Gate Park 1995 San Jose 1995 Oakland 2 1997 Mountain View 2000 Mountain View 2003 Bridge School Benefit 2003 Philadelphia 2005 San Francisco 2 2006 Bridge School Benefit 2006 Golden Gate Park 2009 Wrigley Field 2013 Oakland 2013 Bridge School Benefit 2014...
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    If Phish and Pearl Jam and Wilco played I would have to to have to go to this shit. I doubt Wilco will be playing it this year though, since they were there last year. I couldn't see Pearl Jam and Phish sharing a bill either, but it would be absolutely amazing.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Bonowall: You did a GREAT job with the pre-party that year! I heard about your encounter with Ed on the beach in Hawaii and the whole thing about the poster from Chip (you and him met Bono...if that was REALLY him).

And I'm sure we will be seeing you again at Bridge this year, next year or any other year the boys play there!
    "How loud can silence get?"

http://www.myspace.com/cockeyedoptimus
  • Options
    No lineup announcement, but...
    They have announced that tickets will go on sale September 20, so we will know any day now
  • Options
    No lineup announcement, but...
    They have announced that tickets will go on sale September 20, so we will know any day now
    Reserved seats are $150.(lower level) & $75.(upper level) and lawn seats are $39. + sur-charges. The shows are Oct.24 +25,2009. We should know by Tues.or Wed. if PJ is playing. :D
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Jimmy Buffett (Saturday)

No Doubt

Chris Martin

Sheryl Crow

Fleet Foxes

Wolfmother

Gavin Rossdale

Neil Young

The Monsters of Folk (Conor Oberst, Yim Yames, M Ward and Mike Mogis)

Adam Sandler (Sunday)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    edwho wrote:
    Jimmy Buffett (Saturday)

No Doubt

Chris Martin

Sheryl Crow

Fleet Foxes

Wolfmother

Gavin Rossdale

Neil Young

Adam Sandler (Sunday)

Just Curious where you got this and/or this has any legs to it...
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    InThinAir wrote:
    edwho wrote:
    Jimmy Buffett (Saturday)

No Doubt

Chris Martin

Sheryl Crow

Fleet Foxes

Wolfmother

Gavin Rossdale

Neil Young

Adam Sandler (Sunday)

Just Curious where you got this and/or this has any legs to it...

San Jose Newspaper: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2009/0 ... or-bridge/

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    Also at http://www.thrasherswheat.com

Is it just me or would Chris Martin solo be even worse than Chris Martin with Coldplay? :D
  • Options
    This is a really disappointing line-up and not just because PJ isn't playing. I had been to every Bridge School for the past 10 years with the exception of last year. Looks like this will be the second year in a row I don't go because of the line-up. Is it even remotely possible that they are going to announce Pearl Jam later?
  • Options
    Yeah, this is pretty disappointing. I usually find something to make me want to attend, but this is just lackluster.

That being said, I know it's all for a good cause, and I know the purpose is for the kids, and I thoroughly support that. But I think I might just make a donation this year instead of buying tickets. A bit bummed about that.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Yeah I checked the Bridge site earlier today. Very bummed! I may still go on Saturday; there are a couple bands on there that would be cool to see. I have NO desire to see Adam Sandler lol!
  • Options
    It may not be a stellar lineup, but I have been to more than 10 bridge benefits and you never know who will really surprise you with a great set. I am looking forward to going again this year!