Options

I am going to see Pearl Jam tomorrow

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Damn, it just hit me. Tomorrow at this time I'll be strolling around Outside Lands, with my brother and my fiancee's dad, checking out bands and/or booths, anxiously counting down the hours until Pearl Jam hits the stage.

Haven't seen 'em collectively since 2006. Didn't realize how fucking excited I am to see them tomorrow until just now.
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    you are a lucky lucky person!
    :D
    enjoy your show!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    see you there!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 442
    I just bought my ticket about a hour ago, after all the debating should I go, should I not. Decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity, especially after reading over some more of the fan views.

Can't wait to see the boys live again, it has been since Gorge '06 for me. It's been a long time coming.

For all of those traveling either today or tomorrow, get there safe.
  • Options
    PrlJamrPrlJamr Posts: 74
    potnik wrote:
    I just bought my ticket about a hour ago, after all the debating should I go, should I not. Decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity, especially after reading over some more of the fan views.

Can't wait to see the boys live again, it has been since Gorge '06 for me. It's been a long time coming.

For all of those traveling either today or tomorrow, get there safe.

Gorge '06 was my last show as well...it's been a long 3 years!
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I am too -- and I can't wait!! :D

I was at the Gorge '06 shows... brilliant, but luckily the wait hasn't been that long for me. Let's see... I guess it was MSG last summer. Still... it feels like forever!

Also, I hear there is a PJ peeps post-show gathering at the Tee Bar. I have no idea where that is... but I will find it.
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 597
    Damn, it just hit me. Tomorrow at this time I'll be strolling around Outside Lands, with my brother and my fiancee's dad, checking out bands and/or booths, anxiously counting down the hours until Pearl Jam hits the stage.

Haven't seen 'em collectively since 2006. Didn't realize how fucking excited I am to see them tomorrow until just now.

same here...been since '06 for me as well (besides an Ed solo show)

this is gonna RULE!!!!! :D
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 442
    LukinTimer wrote:

I was at the Gorge '06 shows... brilliant, but luckily the wait hasn't been that long for me. Let's see... I guess it was MSG last summer. Still... it feels like forever!

Also, I hear there is a PJ peeps post-show gathering at the Tee Bar. I have no idea where that is... but I will find it.

Hadn't heard about the post-show get together, but it might be this place Tee Off Bar & Grill
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    me too, last minute sort of deal. and i can't wait....been dealing with so much lately, i want and NEED some good ol' fashioned PJ healing.
  • Options
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    Chiqui!!!!

We're just bumbling around making our plans! We'll arrive at SFO @ about noonish so hoping to get to the venue by 4ish! Are you going to the Tee Off Bar?? 3129 Clement St. 94121 I'm so out of the loop ... I didn't even know there was a meetup planned.

If I do see you... I promise a hug worthy of ridding the present moment of worry & strife :)

Lisa ox

PS... I want to talk to you about helping me design a 'Breast Cancer Survivor/StickGirl' t-shirt :):)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    Chiqui!!!!

We're just bumbling around making our plans! We'll arrive at SFO @ about noonish so hoping to get to the venue by 4ish! Are you going to the Tee Off Bar?? 3129 Clement St. 94121 I'm so out of the loop ... I didn't even know there was a meetup planned.

If I do see you... I promise a hug worthy of ridding the present moment of worry & strife :)

Lisa ox

PS... I want to talk to you about helping me design a 'Breast Cancer Survivor/StickGirl' t-shirt :):)
    i feel like just one big ol' bumble myself haha i just found out about going this week, and it's just been so hectic with my mom and all that i haven't really had a time to let it sink in that i'm actually seeing them :shock: <--- a face i will be wearing tomorrow as i walk into the fields i'm sure haha

my friend and i will be going straight to the venue, but i'm hoping we get to see each other! and i'm always open to design talk :D i'll be in seattle for the shows next month in case our paths don't cross somehow so no worries!

*edit* oh and you guys have a safe flight tomorrow!
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    Chiqui!!!!

Lisa ox

i feel like just one big ol' bumble myself haha i just found out about going this week, and it's just been so hectic with my mom and all that i haven't really had a time to let it sink in that i'm actually seeing them :shock: <--- a face i will be wearing tomorrow as i walk into the fields i'm sure haha

my friend and i will be going straight to the venue, but i'm hoping we get to see each other! and i'm always open to design talk :D i'll be in seattle for the shows next month in case our paths don't cross somehow so no worries!

Have a great time Barbara you deserve it. :)
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    Chiqui!!!!

Lisa ox

Have a great time Barbara you deserve it. :)

thanks patrick :) the reality is slowly sinking in....god, just those opening chords, i'm gonna lose it, doesn't even matter what song.
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 528
    I'm somewhere in the middle of Nevada making my way there...see you all at the show!!!
  • Options

Have a great night I know that feeling.
    My last PJ concert in Sydney in 2006 I cried 3 times throughout the show.
    I am counting down.
    80 sleeps till I see them in Australia.

ENJOY THE NIGHT
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    In 40 minutes it will be Friday on the West Coast. Totally psyched for tomorrow.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225

Hope it's a great show for you! I haven't seen 'em since '06 either, so I'm going to be excited around NOvember when they hit our Aussie shores and I travel interstate to see them, something I've never done before. Enjoy the show and let us know how it goes! :)
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    jimed14 wrote:
    see you there!
    How is it that you live right there and you didn't show up at Kezar today :roll:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    LukinTimer wrote:

You just need to find me. That will be enough :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    I'll be there! Flight is leaving Long Beach in a couple of hours. Absolutely can't wait!