How many times has your 10C lapsed?

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    never.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    a few times once in the 90's, and then once in the early 2000's when i was a student.

I'm an idiot, but right now I cant believe I ever let it happen.

Priorities were different back then.

still I'm an idiot, Thank god, we have GA over here otherwise i'm probably kick myself every day.
  • Options
    Started going to shows in 98 but waited till like 2000 to join.

Kills me to know my 265 ### could be better then it is. :evil:
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I let mine lapse back in '01 only because I was deployed overseas and (obviously) had a ton of other stuff on my mind at that point. I loved that number though. I think it was like 184***.

I'd be totally okay with people in the armed forces getting their old numbers back if they could prove they were deployed at renewal time. Hell, you should get that year free!

Thank you for your service to our country!
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    I let mine lapse back in '01 only because I was deployed overseas and (obviously) had a ton of other stuff on my mind at that point. I loved that number though. I think it was like 184***.

I'd be totally okay with people in the armed forces getting their old numbers back if they could prove they were deployed at renewal time. Hell, you should get that year free!

Given you can buy a few years at a time, and although this would be a good argument, it wouldnt really hold up.

Isnt this a job like any other?
  • Options
    PurlyjemPurlyjem Posts: 126
    Yeah...my membership lapsed 2 times...
    I joined the Ten Club in 1992, after receiving the Mother Love Bone newsletter with the Alive promo cassette from a friend who didn't like it haha. I only missed the very first Christmas single, and the one in 2001 I think.
    Then I had a rough period in my life around 2002 and didn't think to renew etc. Other things were more important. Now I have a really huge number haha, so yeah, I am sad about that...
    "I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I just looked and I am good until the end of 2012. Im considering re-upping now until 2015.

Joined late. Im 319xxx... but I dont feel like I am back of the line anymore seeing where the numbers are now. I feel like I got really decent seats in Toronto as well.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    pdalowsky wrote:
    kj1nyr wrote:

Given you can buy a few years at a time, and although this would be a good argument, it wouldnt really hold up.

Isnt this a job like any other?

I would disagree. I think the people who go through this have a significantly different set of stressors than any other job. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the concept of letting military members maintain their numbers in a different manner... I'm just saying that I don't think that being in the military and deploying is like any other job. Just my $0.02. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    Maybe your right. I don't know. For me it's a choice thing, you choose the career. Maybe it's a different kind of stress but there is much stress for example in being a lawyer.

I never understand things like the starbucks episode. They got negative press for refusing soldiers free coffee. If they were working voluntarily in their roles I'd get it, but it's their paid employment.

Just a thought. No harm meant, I know those guys do an important job and one of great danger, still I don't always get worship that is handed out
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    Never lapsed. Been a proud member since '94. I will only say my number is the 35,000-40,000 range. A friend sent his in at the same time an his no. is like 60,000. Please don't kill me. We are all in this obsession together. :)
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Maybe your right. I don't know. For me it's a choice thing, you choose the career. Maybe it's a different kind of stress but there is much stress for example in being a lawyer.

I never understand things like the starbucks episode. They got negative press for refusing soldiers free coffee. If they were working voluntarily in their roles I'd get it, but it's their paid employment.

Just a thought. No harm meant, I know those guys do an important job and one of great danger, still I don't always get worship that is handed out

I realize no harm meant, so please don't take this as a flame, it's just FYI, another perspective. No venom intended whatsoever.

Not all of course, but a lot of our volunteer US Army are kids from poverty who had no other real choice for a job. I have seen this firsthand within my own family and friends as well as the 2 years I contracted for the DOD. There are not a lot of jobs for teenagers with no chance at college, not jobs that pay decent benefits, especially for those who may already have families. The military offers your family housing and health care. Yes, there's a trade off and most troops know what they signed up for. But if you're 18 years old and you got a girl pregnant and you want to support your new family like a good "family values" man what choice do you really have? McDonald's just ain't gonna cover it.

Now compare their job to yours. I doubt your job requires you to be away from your family for 12-18 months at a time while you live in a tent in another country where people want to kill you and you stand a good chance of being blown up driving to work. Oh wait, lawyer huh? I guess people probably might want to kill you! ;) j/k

I'm not rich, my husband is a disabled veteran and we struggle to afford our rare PJ shows, yet I'd be happy to volunteer to pay an extra $20 a year to cover a soldier overseas so they don't lose their 10Club number. JMHO, we all have one. Of course I draw the line at giving up my 10C#. It's the only thing of value I have!

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    I recently renewed mine at my birthday, so every year my wife is going to pay for it. Happy PJ birthday to me!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    once. i was a month or two late.
  • Options
    PaigePaige Posts: 365
    I lapsed again, but I'm back again. Automatic renewal definitely will help me!
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Joined in 1994 was a double digit number renewed in 2000 now in the 200's.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    edited April 2015
    why do people feel the need to revive a thread that is almost six years old?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    In this particular case, that was me reviving 'cause I did it again. Sorry.
  • Options
    All forgiven. Not you in particular, but certain members on this board like to revive old threads around big announcements.
    Sorry you lapsed again, I for one have somehow remembered to send my 10c check every year since 1996.
  • Options
    You are much better than I, but I see automatic renewal is now in place and it will NOT happen again. :) And so the thread shall go to the graveyard, haha.
  • Options
    Nah don't send it to the grave. Very cool topic and one we bang out heads over. I remember buying vs the day it came out and looking at the fan club information... I was like , $5 for what? No way I m joining a fan club. Lol
  • Options
    Haha, I know, right?! I just feel like an idiot. But really, it's just everyday life getting in the way. I love my Ten Club membership. And the best thing ever was being sixth row for a show. I'll have that forever ... if never again, haha!
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,439
    Never. I attribute this to anal retentive disorder
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    Proud of you AND jealous, KV.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    MayDay10 said:

I have re-upped for many years in the future.

I remember back around 2005-2006, they had a deal.. "We're soon gonna raise it to $20 per year, but if you renew now at $15 per year, you can lock it in one more time."

$90 at that time would have been for until 2011-2012 or so. Probably save a bit of money that way.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    it doesn't matter, I am still a bigger fan than you!!!! :):angry:
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    If I move, or change phone/email, I notify 10club before the postal service. My number isn't great, but it's MY number.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    kj1nyr said:

Agreed. If you were deployed or in a coma..sadly, I'm sure their response would be something about having someone else renew for you. :(
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Once in late 90s in college. 5 digit number became a 6 digit number. Still a fucking good one though.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    coerycoery Oklahoma Posts: 56
    Joined in '93, let it lapse once in the mid 90's when I had absolutely no extra $$ and rejoined somewhere around 1998.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    never joined in 97 then so i could get tickets for them in maui in 98