Santa Cruz

ChampagneBrkfstChampagneBrkfst Posts: 114
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Just wanted to put some love out there for Santa Cruz. If there was one request this would be it. May be my favorite PJ song yet and this is coming from an old timer. Non stop on the vinyl!

P.S. Much appreciation to Dave(Elwayvedder) for all of his wisdom and insight.
"When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lovethis song. The reference to Neil Young is awesome, as my boyfriend and I always request Harvest Moon at weddings. . . . great song. . . reminds me of my "California Cousin" who was in Santa Cruz every week in her 20's. So catchy it could be a radio song, but much happier that no one knows it except true Pearl Jam fans! :)
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Santa Cruz is now one of my favourites.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Love the reference to the soggy NW. Lived in Santa Cruz for a few years in the 80s. Actually met my wife there. Hope they play it in Portland.
    #FHP
  • i love it too but theres one line that makes me cringe a lil. about "feeling 17 again" it just sounds a lil awkward in the lyrical structure and kind of like lazy songwriting. still love it tho.
    primitiveshirts.com
  • alliw719alliw719 Posts: 99
    Santa Cruz is an awesome feel good song. If you are sad, just listen to it, you'll feel a bit better :)
    "Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues you can tell by the way she smiles."
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    really is a great song. very folky.
    hopefully they'll play it
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford