I told you fan club members are the scalpers.

2»

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    polaris_x wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    fair enough-I do not disagree with anything you say
    but let the 10c take care of enforcing its policies, no need to be calling people out in the forum
    you want to send an email to the 10c fine, but why the need to publicly call someone out in the forum?
    its no secret that there are many scalpers with 10c memberships

but no one is getting called out ... i have no idea who the scalper is ...

and to speedy:

minding our own business allows people who abuse their kids or spouses; it allows gangs to run amok in urban centres; it allows people who break the rules to do so without consequence ... if you don't care - then you keep quiet ... this person does and he has every right under the membership agreement ... you can mind your own business but you don't have any right to tell the guy to mind his own ...

spousal abuse
    gangbangers
    10club tickets...

Which of these things is not like the other?????

According to some around here, selling your 10c tickets IS worse than the other two things.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    imalive wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

minding our own business allows people who abuse their kids or spouses; it allows gangs to run amok in urban centres

c'mon....selling your 10c tickets is not quite the same, is it? :shock: :roll:

The OP has every right to vent/bitch but this just doesn't score real high on my outrage meter.

yeah ... i'm not gonna carry a picket and protest this either ... all i'm saying is that he's got the right to be irked - why do people need to make him feel like he's the bad guy?
  • The guy selling those tickets...

Could be paying his mortgage with that money
    Could be buying groceries for his children
    Could be paying for a bone marrow transplant for his 3yr old daughter....

Or better yet...He could be sending the money to the West Mephis 3, to help free those convicted child murderers...

In other words...You have no fucking idea why he is doing what he is doing.....

So mind your own fucking business....

I dont give two shits what hes doing with the money. Scalping sucks and I hope the guy gets caught. Last i checked scalping was illegal. 10C does a lot to avoid scalpers. What if they just decided to let them run rampant and your seats suddenly got more expensive and difficult to obtain -- then you might think differently.
    Scalping is illegal??

The last I looked there were 100 or so pairs of Pearl Jam tickets on sale at EBAY. Each and every ticket was being sold for more than face value.

The last I looked there were 100 or so pairs of tickets listed on STUB HUB. Each and every one of them listed for more than face value.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    The guy selling those tickets...

Or better yet...He could be sending the money to the West Mephis 3, to help free those convicted child murderers...

Could be paying for smuggled Chinese slaves with that money
    Could be buying heroine for his children
    Could be paying for a high powered rifle to "go postal" with from a clock tower.

Or more likely... He could be taking the money and just make a killing in profit...

Personally I don't care about the motives of a scalper, and I won't assume them to be a neo Robin Hood.

"Purchasing tickets through the Ten Club pre-sale means you have agreed to the following terms and conditions. Reselling Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in the revocation of all future ticket privileges"
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I'm pretty sure it's only illegal if it's done within a certain distance of the venue.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• CJMST3K wrote:

Could be paying for a high powered rifle to "go postal" with from a clock tower.

Or more likely... He could be taking the money and just make a killing in profit...

Personally I don't care about the motives of a scalper, and I won't assume them to be a neo Robin Hood.

"Purchasing tickets through the Ten Club pre-sale means you have agreed to the following terms and conditions. Reselling Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in the revocation of all future ticket privileges"
    Or he could be buying that high powered rifle, to get even with the 10club member who snitched on him.
    CJMST3K wrote:

Or he could be buying that high powered rifle, to get even with the 10club member who snitched on him.

That sounds a little too close to a suggestion Speedy.
    I don't mind it when people bring TC scalpers to light.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    there is no end to this debate
    obviously people have different feelings about it

I am not in favor of scalping tickets. But the real problem has little to do with members flipping tickets. And yes it stinks that real fans in the 10c miss out on tix because a scalper was able to secure them instead. The real problem is the lack of enforcement and the hoarding of tickets by TM and LN. Efforts to combat scalping should be aimed in that direction.

Something about members policing other members rubs me the wrong way. More so than a member flipping tix.
  • CJMST3K wrote:

Too close to a suggestion???? Give me a fucking break...

And if you really want to go after the scalpers...

Then go take your fight over to stub hub or ebay...

Because those 2 sights are scalper heaven!!!!!!

But the fight really isnt with scalpers...Is it???

The fight is to throw a fellow 10club member out of the club so YOU can move 3 inches closer to the stage.
  • Hate scalping as well but what you gonna do...your just giving this tool extra pub and now I will bet you there is some rich (or foolish poor) tool sitting there thinking to themselves....

"Somebody is selling 10C seats for $700 bucks a piece?!?!?!?.....SOLD!!!"
    Get_Right wrote:

I am not in favor of scalping tickets. But the real problem has little to do with members flipping tickets. And yes it stinks that real fans in the 10c miss out on tix because a scalper was able to secure them instead. The real problem is the lack of enforcement and the hoarding of tickets by TM and LN. Efforts to combat scalping should be aimed in that direction.

Something about members policing other members rubs me the wrong way. More so than a member flipping tix.

again - if you gusy don't mind the scalping - so, be it ... but why make the OP feel like the bad guy? ...
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

Whatever the motive, the seller is wrong. But yeah, you are right, who cares. It doesn't affect anyone but the seller and buyer.

right, the seller and the buyer. er.......and the poor son of a bitch that tried to get tickets here on the pre-sale and didnt get them. and now has to go out and buy them from some dick that is selling his 10C seats at $1500.00 .

it does affect someone other than the buyer and seller. they could have gone to someone in the club that wanted to see the band. and gone for face.

ya' know, if the guy is really selling them for food, cool. i just doubt that. i really do, and to bring that up is just stupid.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    The fight is to throw a fellow 10club member out of the club so YOU can move 3 inches closer to the stage.

Bingo.
    Nice shirt.
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

again - if you gusy don't mind the scalping - so, be it ... but why make the OP feel like the bad guy? ...
    Kat and Sea have made numerous post here....
    Letting us all know.....

That we should NOT post links or discuss the scalping of tickets.

Maybe the OP was not aware of this.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited August 2009
    CJMST3K wrote:

absolutely.
    therefore, if someone is interested in policing ebay, craigslist, whatever....more power to em. then, send the info directly to 10c. i simply don't see the point in posting about it here.

it's amazing how many people post about ticket scalping, poster sellers, etc. reselling posters for profit is a-ok (except for the rare few specified 'not for resale, and even them...hard to say since the exact posters were sold at shows....and no recourse has even been stipulated) but selling 10c tix is absolutely verboten. we know that going in. so sure, it IS an annoyance at best, totally wrong at worst....that someone is selling their fanclub tix and they do deserve the boot.

and...
    the wolf wrote:

Whatever the motive, the seller is wrong. But yeah, you are right, who cares. It doesn't affect anyone but the seller and buyer.

right, the seller and the buyer. er.......and the poor son of a bitch that tried to get tickets here on the pre-sale and didnt get them. and now has to go out and buy them from some dick that is selling his 10C seats at $1500.00 .

it does affect someone other than the buyer and seller. they could have gone to someone in the club that wanted to see the band. and gone for face.

ya' know, if the guy is really selling them for food, cool. i just doubt that. i really do, and to bring that up is just stupid.

there it is....exactly.
    10c tix are already a scarce commodity. so it's in ALl our own best interest, and thus why 10c stipulates such a policy, that 10c tix for more than face is wrong and means for being booted from the club. 10c and pj want 10c tix to go into the hands of 10c members.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    polaris_x wrote:

I dont mean to make the OP feel bad, just voicing my objection to the OP's post.

but since I am perpetuating it now, I am out.
  • j-bugj-bug Posts: 272
    wait...are you saying ALL re-selling of 10c tickets is wrong?

this whole issue is a little confusing.it might help if you could buy single tickets through the fan club.
    Seek,
    Find be yourself.
    Don't follow the herd.
    Don't repeat in spite of the encores.
    Be yourself.
    Otherwise you'll bore us.
    Kat and Sea have made numerous post here....
    Letting us all know.....

That we should NOT post links or discuss the scalping of tickets.

Maybe the OP was not aware of this.

ok ... i wasn't aware of that ... although i didn't see a link - i did not know this discussion was off limits ...
    CJMST3K wrote:

Too close to a suggestion???? Give me a fucking break...

And if you really want to go after the scalpers...

Then go take your fight over to stub hub or ebay...

Because those 2 sights are scalper heaven!!!!!!

But the fight really isnt with scalpers...Is it???

Um... no. If stopping scalping permanently pushed me back 2 rows, I'd still be all for it.
    (yet, somehow, I know you will argue my sincerity with plenty of multiple question marks and exclamation points)

I don't buy off of StubHub. The few times I've missed out on a ticket, I've usually been hooked up by someone on this board, at their cost.

So, to consider your suggestion seriously, how can I "take your fight over to stub hub or ebay"?
    j-bug wrote:
    wait...are you saying ALL re-selling of 10c tickets is wrong?

this whole issue is a little confusing.it might help if you could buy single tickets through the fan club.

Nope. Here's the rules on reselling TC tickets:
    CJMST3K wrote:
  • j-bugj-bug Posts: 272
    i know the rules,but at the O2 they where busting peoples arses for reselling even at face value.
    Seek,
    Find be yourself.
    Don't follow the herd.
    Don't repeat in spite of the encores.
    Be yourself.
    Otherwise you'll bore us.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Please respect the Ten Club's ticket policy: http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets Non-TC Tickets: face value only (no brokers). Offering to pay any price for a ticket, linking to brokers or auctions offering above face value is not ok.
This discussion has been closed.