Options

I told you fan club members are the scalpers.

RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
edited August 2009 in The Porch
I have 2 fan club seats $700 Each which will be on the floor....most likely in the first 20-25 rows. I will grab them in the AM on Monday and you can pick them up from me in the city after 1 p.m. the day of the show. Please let me know if you are interested...they are selling for $1500 or more each on web ticketing sites. This is a deal. This is what I found on craigslist. This is the third one i have come across. In conclusion, my theory is correct. The pearl jam fan club members are the real scalpers. The guy probally has another account and goes to show and sells his front row tickets to pay for his whole entire tour.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LOITERINGLOITERING Posts: 120
    RC153010 wrote:
    I have 2 fan club seats $700 Each which will be on the floor....most likely in the first 20-25 rows. I will grab them in the AM on Monday and you can pick them up from me in the city after 1 p.m. the day of the show. Please let me know if you are interested...they are selling for $1500 or more each on web ticketing sites. This is a deal. This is what I found on craigslist. This is the third one i have come across. In conclusion, my theory is correct. The pearl jam fan club members are the real scalpers. The guy probally has another account and goes to show and sells his front row tickets to pay for his whole entire tour.

Wow! What a deal ;)
    10/02/04 - Toledo, OH
    09/12/05 - London, ON
    05/19/06 - Grand Rapids, MI
    06/27/08 - Hartford, CT; 06/28/08 - Mansfield, MA
    08/21/08 - Chicago, IL (EV); 08/22/08 - Chicago, IL (EV)
    10/07/09 - Los Angeles, CA; 10/09/09 - San Diego, CA
    05/06/10 - Columbus, OH; 05/07/10 - Noblesville, IN
    06/26/11 - Detroit, MI (EV)
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/14 - Detroit, MI
    08/20/16 - Chicago, IL; 08/22/16 - Chicago, IL
    08/13/18 - Missoula, MT

• Options
    Lol I should purchase them bc i will never be able to have front row tickets.
  • Options
    OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    Is there anyway 10c can find out who is that so called fan and kick him/her out?
  • Options
    I can try.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    stop snitching!
    you are not getting any closer to the stage by being a tattle tale.
  • Options
    The board police...they come to me in my head
    The board police...they come to me in my bed
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I am not snitching. I am looking for tickets for the show, if I see stuff out of the ordinary I make a move.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Get_Right wrote:
    stop snitching!
    Does something have to directly affect you in order for you to carry an interest in it?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    whatever. :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    stop snitching!
    Does something have to directly affect you in order for you to carry an interest in it?
    no
  • Options
    RC153010 wrote:
    I am not snitching. I am looking for tickets for the show, if I see stuff out of the ordinary I make a move.
    so making a move or contacting the the 10c is not snitching?
    who made you ticket moderator?
    and Im not saying I support reselling of tix for profit, not at all
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    Again? Can't we just add this to the other threads dealing with the same bs?
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Get_Right wrote:
    stop snitching!

who are you to moderate what he does or doesn't do? ... this band has always been about more than just the music ... their fights with ticketmaster and so on were for us ... and this is how we repay them by scalping tickets? ...

i hope the person scalping loses his membership ...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,738
    Seriously, who gives a shit?? By opening up the 10c ticket windows at 11am, theyre making it easier to sell your fan club tix.
  • Options
    The guy selling those tickets...

Could be paying his mortgage with that money
    Could be buying groceries for his children
    Could be paying for a bone marrow transplant for his 3yr old daughter....

Or better yet...He could be sending the money to the West Mephis 3, to help free those convicted child murderers...

In other words...You have no fucking idea why he is doing what he is doing.....

So mind your own fucking business....
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    polaris_x wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    stop snitching!

who are you to moderate what he does or doesn't do? ... this band has always been about more than just the music ... their fights with ticketmaster and so on were for us ... and this is how we repay them by scalping tickets? ...

i hope the person scalping loses his membership ...
    fair enough-I do not disagree with anything you say
    but let the 10c take care of enforcing its policies, no need to be calling people out in the forum
    you want to send an email to the 10c fine, which I did when I though it was disgusting that the crime against Jeff was being broadcast on you tube, but why the need to publicly call someone out in the forum?
    its no secret that there are many scalpers with 10c memberships
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options

Or better yet...He could be sending the money to the West Mephis 3, to help free those convicted child murderers...

EXACTLY
    well said
  • Options
    if you need that money and someone is willing to pay it - oh well - i still have my tickets an ultimatley that all i care about
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335

Well if he/she is sending the money to the West Memphis 3 then it's ok! ;)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    but let the 10c take care of enforcing its policies, no need to be calling people out in the forum
    you want to send an email to the 10c fine, but why the need to publicly call someone out in the forum?

but no one is getting called out ... i have no idea who the scalper is ...

and to speedy:

minding our own business allows people who abuse their kids or spouses; it allows gangs to run amok in urban centres; it allows people who break the rules to do so without consequence ... if you don't care - then you keep quiet ... this person does and he has every right under the membership agreement ... you can mind your own business but you don't have any right to tell the guy to mind his own ...
  • Options

Well if he/she is sending the money to the West Memphis 3 then it's ok! ;)
    dont you get me started....

hehehehehehehehe
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599

Or...He could be buying WEED to take to all the shows & shareing with a large number of 10Clubbers...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537

Whatever the motive, the seller is wrong. But yeah, you are right, who cares. It doesn't affect anyone but the seller and buyer.

If someone is mugging my neighbor though, I'm not going to say "well, the guy putting a gun to her head has kids to feed too." Just saying this argument shouldn't be used to support things. Like "we can't stop marijuana smoking, so let's legalize it." Wrong is wrong.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

and to speedy:

minding our own business allows people who abuse their kids or spouses; it allows gangs to run amok in urban centres; it allows people who break the rules to do so without consequence ... if you don't care - then you keep quiet ... this person does and he has every right under the membership agreement ... you can mind your own business but you don't have any right to tell the guy to mind his own ...

fair enough, no link was posted.

But you cant seriously be comparing ticket scalping to domestic violence. Being tolerant of ticket scalping will not lead to anarchy.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    you want to send an email to the 10c fine, but why the need to publicly call someone out in the forum?

and to speedy:

spousal abuse
    gangbangers
    10club tickets...

Which of these things is not like the other?????
  • Options
    SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
    edited August 2009
    RC153010 wrote:

Considering that there was just a post the other day of someone, flying from Italy to London, who was not allowed pickup 10c tickets because they were in ordered by another user, I applaud what you did(posted). Rules are rules.

Not cool scalping tickets.

(Oh... the situation given that the money might be being used for some great good... that was a good one :lol: Thanks for the laugh).
    Post edited by SKELLER on
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • Options
    spousal abuse
    gangbangers
    10club tickets...

Which of these things is not like the other?????

well ... you brought up examples of paying his mortgage ... and feeding his starving children ... that to me is just as loopy ...

again - you have a right to your opinion ... but so does the OP ... trying to ostracize like he's doing something wrong isn't right in my opinion ...
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

I dont give two shits what hes doing with the money. Scalping sucks and I hope the guy gets caught. Last i checked scalping was illegal. 10C does a lot to avoid scalpers. What if they just decided to let them run rampant and your seats suddenly got more expensive and difficult to obtain -- then you might think differently.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    No one HAS to buy them.

A friend of mine paid £300 to see PJ at the o2. I told her she was a fool - she thought she got a bargain *shrugs*

If no one paid it, then no one would sell them. It's the same with poster/merch flipping.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    polaris_x wrote:

minding our own business allows people who abuse their kids or spouses; it allows gangs to run amok in urban centres

c'mon....selling your 10c tickets is not quite the same, is it? :shock: :roll:

The OP has every right to vent/bitch but this just doesn't score real high on my outrage meter.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16