Any surprise that not more new songs...

BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Any surprise that not more new songs have been played..?

So far we've had the fixer, got some and the end. I thought by now we would've had some more new ones!?

Is it because the album hasnt been released yet and they dont want the newbies out there for everyone to hear?
Melbourne #1 '98
Melbourne #2 '03
Melbourne #3 '03
Melbourne #1 '06
Melbourne #3 '06
Melbourne '09
Melbourne '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    hmm. it maybe because the album isnt released. but then it would be a bit odd for the boys to do this little europe tour and not perform any new stuff, then go back to the USA and perform them once album is out. couldnt they come here after the album if thats the case....either way im sure MEN and O2 wont dissapoint :D
  • flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    but then it would be a bit odd for the boys to do this little europe tour and not perform any new stuff, then go back to the USA and perform them once album is out.

Odd, no...shitty, yes.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    i am a little disapointed....I thought since they were releasing this one independantly - they could do it if they want. But maybe they want fans to hear the new stuff no teh cd first - before seeing a live performance on youtube
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I saw on another post somewhere that the guys are still familiarising themselves with the newies and haven't learnt to play them properly yet. Dont know how much truth there is to that, but it makes sense to me. Give it time, the boys will start playing more of the new stuff. I reckon it'll come out more after Backspacer has been released.
  • pjamaholic wrote:
    I saw on another post somewhere that the guys are still familiarising themselves with the newies and haven't learnt to play them properly yet. Dont know how much truth there is to that, but it makes sense to me. Give it time, the boys will start playing more of the new stuff. I reckon it'll come out more after Backspacer has been released.
    that makes sense, but i wonder where they are finding the time to practice. this whole tour is a little wacky.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    This little tour is a little strange, it seems that besides the fixer and got some no newies are being played... yet... if they wanted to practice and warm up before the album is released they could've done it in the states without needing to travel.

Maybe the UK will get some more newies to promote the album just before release?
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    to be honest, I'm not suprised at all. thats why i didnt get tickets to any of the pre release shows.

A.) I love tours for new records vs. inbetween records Not saying they dont put on a great show, but
    would rather save my money and see them more times after the release.

B.) Even if they did play new songs from the album, besides a few, you dont really know them so i would
    rather wait until i DO know them.

but anyway, a few months back i was beat up on in a pretty bad way for saying all of this and was told i was
    a crybaby. :D so i'm glad i waited to take a vaction to cali for two shows, and going to a Philly show,
    and will get tickets to any other show within driving distance that may be annouced. If the shows are after
    the release that is.

anyway, its all good.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    No surprises here. We know that ST was pretty much done when they toured Canada in 05 and we didn't see a single new song played there. It's just the way it rolls these days...
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    MrSmith wrote:
    pjamaholic wrote:
    that makes sense, but i wonder where they are finding the time to practice. this whole tour is a little wacky.
    They have almost a month off between San Francisco and Seattle to practice. They will probably just practice for a couple of weeks during that period... Practice.