Options

Trailer Park Boys

sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
has anyone seen this show? i know its old and canadian (like neil young) but they've just started showing it in the US on directv and i'm digging it.

http://trailerparkboys.com/

i recommend it if you havent seen it. its more funny weird than funny ha ha. except for bubbles, that guy cracks me up.

bubbles.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    my roommate was talking about this a month or so ago but i haven't gotten around to watching any yet, he thinks it's hilarious
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    my roommate was talking about this a month or so ago but i haven't gotten around to watching any yet, he thinks it's hilarious

you should check it out. it might take a couple episodes before you get into it, but i think its hilarious too. i'm pretty sure Commy is a fan too, so that should be enough vouching right there :)
  • Options

you should check it out. it might take a couple episodes before you get into it, but i think its hilarious too. i'm pretty sure Commy is a fan too, so that should be enough vouching right there :)

i've been meaning to but shit, i still have 3 discs from netflix for over a month i need to finish before i watch anything else! i got carried away catching up on lost :ugeek:
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    There is a full-length feature movie too.
    Awesome show.
    Mr.Lahey's shit-quotes are the best.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    You have to love a guy who is so inseparable from his rum and coke he actually performs B&E's while never letting go of the R&C!!! Now that is a quality Canadian boy!!! :mrgreen:

julian.jpg
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    You have to love a guy who is so inseparable from his rum and coke he actually performs B&E's while never letting go of the R&C!!! Now that is a quality Canadian boy!!! :mrgreen:

julian.jpg

hahaha, totally.

and phil collins with his "BAMS!"

phil_collins.jpg
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    you yanks are right on top of things arent ya? ;) 7 seasons later!! hahah. It is an absolutely awesome show.

there is another movie coming, there is also a christmas special out there that you should get that takes place between seasons 3 and 4 or something....check it out you shit puppets!

Mr lahey, sometimes I cant tell if its you or the liquor talking.

Rand, I am the liquor. :mrgreen:
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    This show is great. found it a couple of years ago online and have been looking to buy for some time. They recently put them on Amazon at a decent price.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    I fn love that show...I have all 7 seasons on DVD, and the movie...one of my prize possessions is a mini-Conky puppet...

Every character on that show is amazing...even the fringe players like Sam Losco and Phil Collins...

And Ricky...my god..."get two birds stoned at once" :lol::lol:

My favorite episode is the Bible Pimp...
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    classic shit distraction Randy
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    And this has to go down as the greatest beer gut on tv .............really its not just the sheer magnitude of the gut but how close it resembles a 9 month pregnant woman!!! :lol:

randy+trailer+park+boys.jpg
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    J-Rock Rules! The limp and the cane are priceless.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    Hawkshore wrote:
    And this has to go down as the greatest beer gut on tv .............really its not just the sheer magnitude of the gut but how close it resembles a 9 month pregnant woman!!! :lol:

randy+trailer+park+boys.jpg

"a man's gotta eat..."
  • Options
    J-Rock Rules! The limp and the cane are priceless.

Yo, J got da street cred, Dawg! "Ya know what I'm say'n?" ;)

1471.jpg

And Randy Bo-Bandie and My. Lahey have the most beautiful, alcohol-fuelled relationship that has ever been depicted on TV. :lol:

Randy-MrLeahey.jpg
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I attempted to get into this show, but I just never could.

I watched the whole first season, and it took me almost 4 months to get through it. They just seem to be trying to hard sometimes.

Also, I had an old boss back in the day who loved this show, and was always talking about it. In fact he's how I first heard about it. I don't know if it's because he built it up too much, or the fact that whenever I watched it I was reminded of him, but I just couldn't get into it.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    BOTTLE KIDS !!!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    hahaha, i need to go home and watch this.

trailerparkboys.jpg

probably should start watching it from season 1.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Caught it in Canada about 6 months ago... Thought it was hysterical!!!! I love bubbles! :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    ricky is my hero
  • Options
    gankin' groceries
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    emptyglass wrote:
    ricky is my hero
    after watching this, I may have to retract my statement that lehey's shitalogy's are the best...
    rickyisms:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs
  • Options
    I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist

lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    emptyglass wrote:
    ricky is my hero
    after watching this, I may have to retract my statement that lehey's shitalogy's are the best...
    rickyisms:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs

it's alll about ricky ;)

soooo many good laughs there. thanks for this link!
  • Options
    fucking Terry and his package hanging out
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    countdown to liquor day's best line:

jim leahy

"the liquor's calling the shots now, randy"

academy award performance x 10
  • Options
    "The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour" (Showcase) - The stars of the "Trailer Park Boys" reunite for an outrageous six-episode comedy that bears this long and suggestive working title. Billed as "a genre-breaking and highly innovative mix of narrative and sketch comedy," the series stars Mike Smith, Robb Wells and JP Tremblay as the cast of a children's show gone awry in the sleepy town of Port Cockerton. Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson plays an actor that assumes the identity of a German scientist to teach children about nutrition. He creates a powerful hallucinogen from local berries and chaos ensues as the cast unknowingly ingests the drug and loses grip on reality. Throw in a dangerous cult and a dysfunctional crime family and you know this isn't your typical comedy. Smith, Wells and Tremblay - better known as their "Trailer Park Boys" personas Bubbles, Ricky and Julian - serve as writers and executive producers. Expected to debut in the spring.
  • Options
    "The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour" (Showcase) - The stars of the "Trailer Park Boys" reunite for an outrageous six-episode comedy that bears this long and suggestive working title. Billed as "a genre-breaking and highly innovative mix of narrative and sketch comedy," the series stars Mike Smith, Robb Wells and JP Tremblay as the cast of a children's show gone awry in the sleepy town of Port Cockerton. Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson plays an actor that assumes the identity of a German scientist to teach children about nutrition. He creates a powerful hallucinogen from local berries and chaos ensues as the cast unknowingly ingests the drug and loses grip on reality. Throw in a dangerous cult and a dysfunctional crime family and you know this isn't your typical comedy. Smith, Wells and Tremblay - better known as their "Trailer Park Boys" personas Bubbles, Ricky and Julian - serve as writers and executive producers. Expected to debut in the spring.
    This show has serious potential. The plot alone makes me laugh. Can't wait.

happy-funtime.jpg
  • Options

happy-funtime.jpg

awesome find! now, which one is Alex Lifeson? LMAO
  • Options
    these boys ain't gonna be gainkin groceries

peace
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options

happy-funtime.jpg

i hope it turns out better than that show after the young ones
    don't compete; coexist