Options

into the wild joke more like!

dannydanny Posts: 2,270
edited January 2008 in The Porch
what a joke into the wild SOLD OUT bearing in mind how expensive the ames poster book was you can still buy,limited edition my arse lets see how many into the wild will be on ebay!its hard to buy when you finish work late!1 per customer limited edition well done 10c bloody gutted!
danny d
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    cant schedule a sale time for everyone...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I still don't get the idea that you have to have EVERYTHING this band touches.

It's not the end of the world, there are certainly way more important things to put your energy toward than being upset you didn't get a piece of vinyl.

Sometimes, I think some people here need to step away and think about what's important in life.

Getting angry over something like this is certainly not healthy and certainly not worth the time.
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    cant schedule a sale time for everyone...
    right!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    danny wrote:
    what a joke into the wild SOLD OUT bearing in mind how expensive the ames poster book was you can still buy,limited edition my arse lets see how many into the wild will be on ebay!its hard to buy when you finish work late!1 per customer limited edition well done 10c bloody gutted!

probably b/c there are a lot more people willing to throw down $20 than there are people willing to shell out $200. But hey, that's the breaks, man.

The starting bid on mine will be $300.

(just kidding, folks. just kidding.)
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,849
    man i can see complaining about something that doesnt even come up on the screen and sells out, but when it's up for about an hour? come on now... :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470

It's not the end of the world, there are certainly way more important things to put your energy toward than being upset you didn't get a piece of vinyl.

Sometimes, I think some people here need to step away and think about what's important in life.

Getting angry over something like this is certainly not healthy and certainly not worth the time.
    Not everything, just everything vinyl. :(

What really pisses me off is all the people that are going to buy it and never play it. That saddens me.

I don't see why people can't express ANY negative feelings about not getting something PJ-related they really wanted. I don't think there's any need to re-evaluate one's life here.
  • Options
    a5pj wrote:
    man i can see complaining about something that doesnt even come up on the screen and sells out, but when it's up for about an hour? come on now... :)
    Not everyone could be in front of a computer at that exact moment. I got to work after lunch and it was "temporarily out of stock". I kept hitting refresh until it said "out of stock." I wasted a good hour for nothing, I think I have a right to be a tad disappointed. I'm not doing one of those "fuck PJ and the Ten Club" threads but it still kinda sucks.
  • Options

For real, I have a life and value much of it in the small sense... to come across like you are holier than thou is probably not a great way to approach this. I like to collect, and this is something I definately looked forward to having. Not doing so, yes I would have been a bit upset. Maybe you should look at like this... I devote my energy to what is important on a daily basis. Work, family, priorities and responsibilities. So to have the freedom to desire things and be emotional about it is 100% human. so how about you break away from putting your energy into what is important and live life a little!!
    "We as individuals are art...Our minds are the beauty!"
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    you shoulda came back early from lunch, or brown-bagged it for today.

food? you put food ahead of pearl jam vinyl? what the hell is wrong with you? :sarcasm:

two different replies from two of my different personalities. where's my meds?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    It is going to be available in stores..... while you won't get the 7" single, there is some consolation.
  • Options
    Bissy77Bissy77 Minnesota Posts: 445
    danny wrote:

If you didn't pick one up, there are some available on a few European online stores. If your interested in the sites let me know and send me a PM and I'll send you the links. I don't have them off the top of my head otherwise I would attach them. The only problem is there are a bit more expensive.
    MLPS: 6-30-98 ; East Troy: 10-8-00 ; St. Paul: 6-16-03 ; East Troy: 6-21-03 ; Camden: 7-5-03 ; Grand Rapids: 10-3-04 ; Thunder Bay: 9-9-05 ; East Rutherford: 6-1-06; East Rutherford: 6-3-06 ; St. Paul: 6-26-06 ; St. Paul: 6-27-06, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, EV MLPS 7-2-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-3-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-4-11; Wrigley 7-19-13, St Paul 10-19-14; Wrigley 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18; EV NY 2-4-22
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    probably b/c there are a lot more people willing to throw down $20 than there are people willing to shell out $200. But hey, that's the breaks, man.

The starting bid on mine will be $300.

(just kidding, folks. just kidding.)
    do you have a BUY NOW option;)
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    you shoulda came back early from lunch, or brown-bagged it for today.

food? you put food ahead of pearl jam vinyl? what the hell is wrong with you? :sarcasm:

two different replies from two of my different personalities. where's my meds?
    I didn't realize until it was too late that they were mutually exclusive (lunch and PJ, that is). :)

But seriously, I really didn't think they'd be this fucking limited. I would have totally gone to lunch late if I thought there were this few of them for sale.
  • Options
    I'm not coming across as holier than thou here, I just don't understand the agony some of you go over when you don't get things.

Maybe it's personal for me, I don't know. I had a friend who collected everything he could get his hands on by PJ, tons of posters, vinyl, complete sets of live recordings, etc., and he passed away a little over a year ago.

He spent thousands and thousands of dollars on something that he never really got to enjoy. And the time and the money spent, well, in retrospect, was a waste.

And his wife, I don't what she has decided to do with it all, but having to deal with it I'm sure is giong to be a painful experience for her.

and I guess that just puts things in perspective for me.

I didn't mean to insult anyone, I just feel that it's not worth getting so upset over.
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    do you have a BUY NOW option;)

yeah, but my shipping charges are a real bitch :D
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not coming across as holier than thou here, I just don't understand the agony some of you go over when you don't get things.

My condolences and best wishes, I understand where you are coming from emotionally. But it is not a matter of enjoying the actual object. I the enjoyment comes out of the appreciation one has for the band. And the excitement of getting something from a band that means something to them.
    So I am sure your friend was extremely happy with his pursuits and endevors.
    Or why else would he have done it. That is was collecting is all about, whether it be art, music, cars whatever. We enjoy just collecting the actual item is nice to have yes, but the real enjoyment comes from the actual collecting.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    a5pj wrote:

even tho it sold out in like 20 minutes.

:)

Thanks 10 Club !

C
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options

My condolences and best wishes, I understand where you are coming from emotionally. But it is not a matter of enjoying the actual object. I the enjoyment comes out of the appreciation one has for the band. And the excitement of getting something from a band that means something to them.
    So I am sure your friend was extremely happy with his pursuits and endevors.
    Or why else would he have done it. That is was collecting is all about, whether it be art, music, cars whatever. We enjoy just collecting the actual item is nice to have yes, but the real enjoyment comes from the actual collecting.

you're right he did, but he left his wife with a nightmare, and I'm sure that's the last thing he would have wanted to do

maybe eventually she will be able to decide what she wants to do with it, I mean he had THOUSANDS of posters and memorbilia. I don't think she has the time nor the strength to go through it all and deal with it. I personally don't know the value of all this to even begin to help her, but I hope to meet up with her sometimes this month. Maybe it's time to pose the question to her.

It's also difficult in that he died on a trip to see Pearl Jam, so it's really close to home when it comes to anything PJ.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Who knew that 10c (by selling posters & other non-necessary items that should just be fun to buy from time to time) would become seen as a crack dealer, and all the crackheads just line up.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    danny wrote:

I guess I'll repeat myself.

Guys/gals, read the "News " announcement on this release.

This was a " special limited high-grade audiophile vinyl edition.... ".

That means the vinyl is of a special high-quality and limited to only a certain/pre-determined amount of copies.

The standard grade vinyl release will be in the stores January 29th, but it won't be the " special limited high-grade audiophile vinyl edition.... ".

It will likely be your standard 120 gram vinyl.

It's not unusual for " special limited high-grade audiophile vinyl editions " to be very limited. Because the more pressings they do, the more deterioration to the master. Furthermore, " high-grade audiophile vinyl " is much more expensive to buy, control, maintain and produce.

You have to be very careful and diligent when dealing with " high-grade audiophile vinyl ", because if not handled, processed and pressed in a timely manner; it will start to break down, deteriorate or become tainted by environmental sources.
  • Options

It's also difficult in that he died on a trip to see Pearl Jam, so it's really close to home when it comes to anything PJ.

Yes, I heard this news a while ago, it was Hawaii yes? Anyways, it is tough regardless of the route his wife takes. Let time do it's job in helping her to heal. And you are a good friend to be there for her, I have been there more than a few times in my 33 years. So I know the emotions, and I know how important it is to have someone like you around.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    danny wrote:

wah wah wah
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options

Yes, I heard this news a while ago, it was Hawaii yes? Anyways, it is tough regardless of the route his wife takes. Let time do it's job in helping her to heal. And you are a good friend to be there for her, I have been there more than a few times in my 33 years. So I know the emotions, and I know how important it is to have someone like you around.

yes it was Hawaii.

Thanks for understanding, I wasn't trying to be a bitch, I guess I just look at it differently is all.

Take care.
  • Options

I have to wonder how many of these people actually have a turn table...

I don't...and not ashamed to admit it.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Sometimes the chase is the exciting part! Well, besides the catch, but the chase is really exciting, too.

I remember trying to get VIC tickets I was out of my mind, and my co-workers were empathic and kind. I wouldn't have traded that complete and utter gawdawful failure for anything even though it was just a stupid ol' concert. *sniffle* The horrendous experience of pressing refresh for hours is quite the story :). In fact my co-workers keep bringing it up so the despair is constantly fresh in my mind. Remember when you didn't get tickets? Yes, I remember.

So, for those that feel bad they didn't get the vinyl - I hear ya ;)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Thank you 10C for selling a wonderful Limited Edition vinyl. This was very kind of you. I only ask that next time you have a "limited edition" of something that you fill us in on how limited it is. Wouldn't be hard to say "we have 2000 copies, so get them while they last." I ask this because there have been other "limited" edition things that lasted for much more than an hour. And no, I didn't get one either. Definitely bummed about it and wish I had a clue that "limited edition" would mean sell out in 20-30 minutes, but what can you do?
  • Options
    bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    Thank you 10C for selling a wonderful Limited Edition vinyl. This was very kind of you. I only ask that next time you have a "limited edition" of something that you fill us in on how limited it is. Wouldn't be hard to say "we have 2000 copies, so get them while they last." I ask this because there have been other "limited" edition things that lasted for much more than an hour. And no, I didn't get one either. Definitely bummed about it and wish I had a clue that "limited edition" would mean sell out in 20-30 minutes, but what can you do?

Yes, this is exactley how I feel.
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    I didn't realise how lucky i was to have got a copy! I knew the sale was today but i didn't bother working out what time it started at, I just logged on and there it was, even had time for my 2yr old to turn off the power switch just when i was about to buy! had to wait for the pc to kick back on again and then re-log and i still got a copy!! maybe you don't really want to hear this... sorry!
  • Options

exactly my thoughts. i did not think it would be this limited. had to work today and thought it would still be available by the time i got home.

oh well.....
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I LOVE living in the pacific time zone..;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12