Options

Forget Tenclub Seniority, Let's go by people's heights...

13»

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    I agree with this request. Short people in front!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    if they did this, everyone around you would be the same height as you give or take half an inch or so.

so the everyone in the row ahead will all be blocking your view.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    BigHub74BigHub74 Posts: 92
    5'3" I was thinking about this, this morning.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I've been lobbying for this for YEARS! I know Eddie can feel my pain!
    5'1" I want my spot front and center!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    :lol:
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    if they did this, everyone around you would be the same height as you give or take half an inch or so.

Good point. :lol:
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Tenclub.. has this gone through yet?
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    E.K wrote:

Good point. :lol:

:lol:

Wait wait... what about implants in legs for short women? :roll: (for those who don't know what I'm talking about...there was a lady complaining about being in 13th row for Chicago 1 show because of the implant in her leg...wtf? Oh, right...only her husband understands. Gotcha.)

I'm a short woman too....*shrugs* Some venues are good where they have floors or seats elevated. That does help more of those short people than not on a flat set-up..... nothing 10c can do, really - it would be a headache changing policy for each venue.....
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    It wouldn't make a difference. My average height "5' 9'' would bag me the same seats as my average fanclub number (189xxx)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I'm 5'2 and last yeat I was in the 10th row in DC and started to leave in tears of frustration when a really nice security guard stopped me and let me stand in isle a little bit.

Lucked out this year for Chicago night 2...had 8th row and I could peak around everyone.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I was behind 5 guys that were over 6' 4" and one almost as wide at the Chicago 1 show. Never had that happen before, it was like a brick wall! lol Never saw a thing. The one thick guy even almost make the whole line of seats fall into us and the guy next to me panicked! Pretty funny. I enjoyed night 2 more and I'm sure that had something to do with it but that's what you get. I had another short girl next to me and she agreed that it's the music we go for and are used to it. If you can see ever it is a real bonus. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    midget tossing sounds like fun, but i will happly let the shorter ten club members in front of me if we have to stand the whole show. I will need somewhere to rest my drinkie!. I am about 6"2ish, and before anyone asks no I wont be able to have shorter people sit on my sholders either.

Its a shame your not doing Perth show. I would be happy to hold your drinks all night if you would just midget toss me at Ed. And I wouldn't ask to sit on your shoulders because I'm scared of heights.
  • Options
    im 6'6" so anyone in sydney i am sorry. i was up front in 98 but hung back to let the short ones see. went forward for rvm and the encores.
    newey 06 best show ever, sydney bdo 2014 close second
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    im 6'9" and i dont like this thread
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I love this thread. Although, I have a good #, I am also short, which is why I don't care much for the lotto, cause now I have more tall heads to try to look around. :P
  • Options
    Why am I picturing 10clubbers chopping their legs off to get front row seats at every show... :?
    Disturbing...
  • Options
    im 6'9" and i dont like this thread

I'm also 6'9" and I also don't like this thread.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Last show I went to we had really good seats, about 5 rows back. I said to my friend......
    " Wow, so close to the stage, amazing!" Then Pearl Jam came on and everyone stood up.
    I couldn't see Jack Shit.
    But I danced and sung my head off. Same as most of you....you can't see them but they are RIGHT THERE in front of you.LIVE!!!!
    I was lucky being short because no-one noticed I was dancing in the isle, rocken my head off!
    And I know I was lucky because there was this chick there, who was only about 4ft, and after being on the shoulders of her big mate..............got told to GET OFF! that was just mean.I think if the really short people get on peoples shoulders, we don't have a problem with that..............and that comes from someone who is only 5ft2".
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    as a person at 6'-4 i find this thread demeaning and discriminating. :evil: :oops: :cry:
  • Options
    Sounds like a great opportunity for midget tossing! :D

Hey...I resent that!!! :) Actually I'm 5' 10"....no complaints. Luckily some tall guys can't handle their liquor and I end up w/ a clear view all night... ;) In GA situations (like the upcoming ACL) I often let shorter folks move ahead of me...unless they are drunk pushy jerks.
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i'm 6'5. bullshit.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    I'm 6ft 7 and like this thread - it wasn't started by a tall person I'd wager, becasue tall people generally just get on with being tall.

At the O2 gig in London I was in a seated area and remained that way as I was conscious that people behind me would possibly find it difficult to see. But then some feckwit stood up in front of my wife and I and we couldn't see feck all so I was forced to stand up.

I can however provide a solution for all the short@rses - It's Evolution Baby! Tall people have developed this way to move their ears further away from all the whinging of the short people.

Or, you could try these:

Stilts-lg.jpg

The diplomat in me........ no, fuck him, I can't hear him he's too short.
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • Options
    For those that are puzzled. those are stilts for short people.
    I think it's just a case of................ 'sucked in your' short.
    :lol: So am I
  • Options
    I'm 6'6" and only numbers (& letters) that concern me at a concert are seat location and start time. #s that most have in common is price of tix (Fuk scalpers) and that is what gets us to seats...2 more days til Seattle
    Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011
  • Options
    That would be discrimination..something you libs have a problem with.