Options

have pearl jam done a bad album?

dannydanny Posts: 2,270
edited December 2007 in The Porch
i honestly dont think they have some patchy songs yes but what about the rest of the songs pure magic!
danny d
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    yes. riot act.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    riot act. its best songs dont hold a candle to the most mediocre of their other releases.
  • Options
    Riot Act
    Pearl Jam
  • Options
    I knew some people would reply Riot Act. More than likely half the people who put that are those who believe Yield is the bands best. I love Riot Act 100% more than Yield. No they dont have a bad album.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I would think even Pearl Jam would admit that Riot Act wasn't their best effort.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    I think Avocado is a slightly lukewarm album... apart from that though, nope, they definitely haven't.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    No, they haven't!
    Their debut was invincible, second was absolutely mindblowing, the third was fantastic and the rest (incl. Riot Act and Binaural!!!) is still fuckin good IMHO.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    I knew some people would reply Riot Act. More than likely half the people who put that are those who believe Yield is the bands best. I love Riot Act 100% more than Yield. No they dont have a bad album.

2 completely different releases that are incomparable IMO. I love both but on some days would pick Yield until I start listening to Riot (or any other). Thats the beauty about this band. You cannot go wrong with anything they have done.

i will say that Yield definitely flows better for me though.

all in all, they have done no harm here my friends.
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    NO. jesus people, get over this whole riot act bashing :rolleyes: even if it's my least fav out of the eight, to say it's a BAD album is fuckin crazy talk. you crazies.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options

nope. i prefer no code and vitalogy to yield. even like the new one as much as yield. riot act just sucks.
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    NO. jesus people, get over this whole riot act bashing :rolleyes: even if it's my least fav out of the eight, to say it's a BAD album is fuckin crazy talk. you crazies.

it is a bad album. it's only got about 3 or 4 tracks worth hearing and even those are pretty average. on top of that is a ton of shitty filler.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

yield is in the middle of the list for me. i prefer no code, vitalogy, vs and binaural over yield.
  • Options
    it is a bad album. it's only got about 3 or 4 tracks worth hearing and even those are pretty average. on top of that is a ton of shitty filler.
    i can't agree, can't keep, save you, LBC, ghost, thumbing, you are, 1/2 full, all or none. it doesn't stand up to the other 7 albums. but 8 great songs constitutes a better than bad album. as always though, different strokes for different folks i guess.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I think with every Pearl Jam album, you can pretty much guarantee that there's gonna be some fucking amazing songs on each. Sometimes though there's some crap. Riot Act suffers from this, IMO.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i like Riot Act alot more than i like Yield. it's not even close for me.
  • Options
    i llisten to riot act less, but that dosent mean it's a shiity album....
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,554
    Genreally, I think their last two efforts have been disappointing. There are some standout tracks on both, but that doesn't make them good albums. I was excited with pearl jam for while, but after hearing these songs live, the album production has ruined it for me. Too clean sounding..
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    No they haven't. Anyone who considers any one of the albums bad needs to listen that album more. C'est tout.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    nope.. I think Riot Act is their worse album (even they would say it..just look how many RA songs they played in the last 2 years! and in the Euro dates, that didn't even have a RA tour!)..but I don't put Yield in the top half of theirs either...

frankly, most people will say RA was the low point, the ones who don't are the exception.
  • Options
    I prefer Riot Act to Avacado..... :(

it just has more depth, apart from Come Back and Marker in the Sand nothing really moves me on Avacado...I dislike most stuff about Avacado, unfortunately i think im also constantly put off by the awful artwork.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    No. Not even close. They've done some albums that some people don't like but that's the fault of their intentionally diverse output.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    pearl jam is horrible
    absolutely unlistenable

I think the first two suck ass AS well
  • Options
    I prefer Riot Act to Avacado..... :(

it just has more depth, apart from Come Back and Marker in the Sand nothing really moves me on Avacado...I dislike most stuff about Avacado, unfortunately i think im also constantly put off by the awful artwork.....

with out question
  • Options
    with out question

I take it you agree? :D
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    just look how many RA songs they played in the last 2 years! and in the Euro dates, that didn't even have a RA tour!)..but I don't put Yield in the top half of theirs either...

frankly, most people will say RA was the low point, the ones who don't are the exception.

look how many binaural songs were played during the ra tour
    look how many yield songs were played during the binaural tour
    'look how many no code songs were played during the yield tour

get the point, genius

riot act is like a high IQ... not everybody gets it
  • Options
    pearl jam is horrible
    absolutely unlistenable

I think the first two suck ass AS well

*passes out*
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    look how many binaural songs were played during the ra tour
    look how many yield songs were played during the binaural tour
    'look how many no code songs were played during the yield tour

get the point, genius

riot act is like a high IQ... not everybody gets it
    I'll bet you whatever there won't be more RA songs in the next few tours.. they were in that mood at that time, but none of those songs are stand out..I am Mine is the only one that'll stay in proper rotation..and not that much either..

07 wasn't a S/T tour as such, since they were in the same places as the previous year..less S/T songs...but even less RA ones!

I don't hate RA btw..but it's the weakest link imo.
  • Options
    Save You kicks some serious ass.....
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I'll bet you whatever there won't be more RA songs in the next few tours.. they were in that mood at that time, but none of those songs are stand out..I am Mine is the only one that'll stay in proper rotation..and not that much either..

07 wasn't a S/T tour as such, since they were in the same places as the previous year..less S/T songs...but even less RA ones!

I don't hate RA btw..but it's the weakest link imo.

the band almost to a man admits that (riot act) is their best/most personal work

sure go ahead and dig on pearl jam / ten and that second one...
    those are the american idols and the jerry springer shows of the pearl jam catalogue

riot act is like pbs .... only smart people get it... and are in to it

but i don't want to argue because i'm right