Options

Any US folks heading to Australia for shows?

2»

Comments

• Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    OMG!
    this:

18:40 New York (JFK) 09:20
    (Fri) Sydney QF108 $531 Duration: 22h 40m - 1 stop
    is soooo tempting!
    18th thru the 28th....just in sydney, that would do me just fine!
    :mrgreen:

where's mauichick to come drem with me?
    :lol:

edit, damn...i thought that was the roundtrip price....gotta add in:
    12:00 Sydney 17:00 New York (JFK) QF107 $716 Duration: 21h 00m - 1 stop

still damn nice.

i am so going to check out what kind of airmiles are needed to fly to oz. :lol:

100-120k miles from NY...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited August 2009
    NYbenben wrote:

are you serious?!
    that's it?
    i currently have over 136k miles....been saving em up for an awesome trip. OMG. i wonder if my husband would be ok with that, hahahahaha. i may have to sell my soul. i might be ok with that tho. :twisted: :mrgreen::lol:

hell, i spent our 16th wedding anniversary on a flight from london to dusseldorf...so what's my birthday and thanksgiving? ;) really, it's more HIM missing out on a first trip to australia that's the toughest. hmmmm...i think i may be suggesting one awesome birthday present over dinner tonight, see how that flies! :mrgreen:

my dear aussie buddies in sydney...got room for a dreamer on your sofa?
    or hey mauichick...still up for a crazy trip?!
    8-)
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Freddy ArheeharFreddy Arheehar San Diego Posts: 525
    Do it! Use the miles before they take them off you.

Yes, I would like to see the PJ package also
  • Options
    Do it! Use the miles before they take them off you.

Yes, I would like to see the PJ package also

freddy...the beauty of my airmiles is they NEVEr expire, no blackout dates and can be used on ANY airline. they aren't actually airmiles, but worldpoints or some BS, as it's thru a brokerage account, not an actual airline....just can be used for air travel and whole bunch of other stuff. was saving em for me AND hubby, but my mom has some airmiles she said we could use in the future...so who knows?

this is dangerous all this dreaming....... :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    NYbenben wrote:

are you serious?!
    that's it?
    i currently have over 136k miles....been saving em up for an awesome trip. OMG. i wonder if my husband would be ok with that, hahahahaha. i may have to sell my soul. i might be ok with that tho. :twisted: :mrgreen::lol:

lmao... i am planning on using miles for my trip as well... i already booked my hotels in Melbourne and Sydney using points as well just in case i do go... the rooms were available so i booked em while i could...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

• Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    NYbenben wrote:

are you serious?!
    that's it?

lmao... i am planning on using miles for my trip as well... i already booked my hotels in Melbourne and Sydney using points as well just in case i do go... the rooms were available so i booked em while i could...

need a roomie in sydney? :lol:
    OMG....i am soooo going to look into this!
    i will soooo owe my hubby, but yea...he does alright by me. ;)

seriously tho, if i can fly for FREE....i'd stay in a fucking hostel (and i NEVER stay in hostels) just to be able to go.....sofa surf (love to do that - friends around? ;))....whatever. do it as a cheap as possible....and get to see pearl jam in sydney on my birthday!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

and man, it would only cost me 5 vacation days, b/c 2 days are holidays for thanksgiving, and i'd use one of my extra floating holidays to boot! i actually have a week of vacation planned the end of november/beginning of december...so hubby would still get me for "us time"....only thing is to know when they plan for hawaii, b/c if it IS that first week, could possibly BOTH do that, tho rumors seem to heavily favor mid-december.....but yea....hope we hear SOON!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    OMG - i have the GREATEST husband....EVER!!!
    he said i could GO!!!
    honestly, i was shocked at how easily he agreed....didn't even have to try and convince him. we were chatting and i asked if he wanted to give me the BEST, greatest, most fantastic birthday present ever? and his answer was what...you want to go to australia and see pearl jam? i just smiled. :D hahahaha. we talked about it some and he was like ok! i can't believe it! i know he does not give a shit about thanksgiving, and when i told him i'd be gone for the holiday he said, doesn't matter, i don't give a shit about thanksgiving. :lol: my birthday, well whatevvverrrrrr....can celebrate ANYtime together and we'll have a full week of shared vacation together when i return home.....and i can celebrate my birthday in sydney with a pearl jam show!!!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: happiness!!! bring on the 10c sale!!!

*of course, i MUSt verify i can use airmiles, have enough airmiles...ugh...so hope we hopes are not dashed, but right now....YAY!!!

OMG - i CAn do it!!!
    *just* checked...i need 124,111 points to fly round-trip from NY to sydney....yay!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    very cool!!! you're husbands a champion bloke :!:

If we go we will have to catch up for a beer
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    You dont wanna stay in a hostel in Sydney :lol:
    Plenty of hotels for under $100.
  • Options
    OMG - i have the GREATEST husband....EVER!!!
    he said i could GO!!!
    honestly, i was shocked at how easily he agreed....didn't even have to try and convince him. we were chatting and i asked if he wanted to give me the BEST, greatest, most fantastic birthday present ever? and his answer was what...you want to go to australia and see pearl jam? i just smiled. :D hahahaha. we talked about it some and he was like ok! i can't believe it! i know he does not give a shit about thanksgiving, and when i told him i'd be gone for the holiday he said, doesn't matter, i don't give a shit about thanksgiving. :lol: my birthday, well whatevvverrrrrr....can celebrate ANYtime together and we'll have a full week of shared vacation together when i return home.....and i can celebrate my birthday in sydney with a pearl jam show!!!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: happiness!!! bring on the 10c sale!!!

*of course, i MUSt verify i can use airmiles, have enough airmiles...ugh...so hope we hopes are not dashed, but right now....YAY!!!

OMG - i CAn do it!!!
    *just* checked...i need 124,111 points to fly round-trip from NY to sydney....yay!

that is fantastic... you have been stressing about this all day... way to go to you and your husband! stand up guy!

• Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    OMG!
    this:

is soooo tempting!

still damn nice.

Right here, but some of us do have work to do, esp on Mondays :)
    Travelocity is big on torture and has been sending me the same email (NY to Syd for $609) but I havnt checked exact dates yet until I can actually afford to book

Freddy, would yr beautiful, amazing wife be named Kim by any chance? If yes then I owe you a debt of gratitude for trying for me for Philly. Huge, huge mahalo and I hope to meet you at the Philly tailgate...
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Freddy, would yr beautiful, amazing wife be named Kim by any chance? If yes then I owe you a debt of gratitude for trying for me for Philly. Huge, huge mahalo and I hope to meet you at the Philly tailgate...[/quote]

G'day Mauichick, yes Kim is my magnificent wife.
    You're welcome! We tried all day for you but no dice :evil: I was so mad! It felt like I lost a sporting event.
    I wont be joining Kim to Philly, only Seattle 1 (my birthday with my twin brother) and San Diego.
    And we are trying to figure out Australia
    Cheers
    Post edited by Freddy Arheehar on
  • Options
    mauichick wrote:
    OMG!
    this:

is soooo tempting!

still damn nice.

Right here, but some of us do have work to do, esp on Mondays :)
    Travelocity is big on torture and has been sending me the same email (NY to Syd for $609) but I havnt checked exact dates yet until I can actually afford to book

Freddy, would yr beautiful, amazing wife be named Kim by any chance? If yes then I owe you a debt of gratitude for trying for me for Philly. Huge, huge mahalo and I hope to meet you at the Philly tailgate...

yes indeed, i saw that deal on qantas but i believe it was one way? it appears from my preliminary research that $1200 roundtrip seems the best deal thus far from Ny to oz.

and indeed that would be his wife! we were checking to see if we knew/met each other ever as we've been to many of the same gigs, but idk. :oops:

btw - i work more towards the end of the week, not the beginning....;)

and YES..i am just utterly shocked. it was such a pipedream, i was soooo just torturing myself, but hey...once i get an idea in my head, i just go with it....as this thread is evidence. :lol: i seriously cannot berlieve how easily my husband agreed, but then again, we're married 17 years...no one knows me better, and he knows what utter JOY it all brings to me! and yes, he is a GREAt guy, thus being married 17 years.....;) it all correlates. :D

so yes, my plan is 11.18 thru 11.28. i am really only planning on my BIRTHDAY show, sydney...hope many, many join me! but i could possibly be easily convinced for melbourne and/or brisbane....enticed with shared cheap accommodations and/or travel. ;)

YAY!!!

turning 41 is going to be BRILLIANT!!!
    who woulda ever thunk that?!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    thats awesome, but i will not be here in sydney for the show :o :(
    otherwise i would buy you a drinkd2d 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I was in OZ for the first 5 shows in 06 and had a blast. My work sched and lack of vacation ( already used on a number of PJ side products and PJ dates to come... 3 Europe, 2 Seattle, 1 LA ,ACL , 4...please...Philly ) make the OZ - NZ 09 tour difficult, but not impossible . I'm going for the two NZ shows. My biggest obstacle now is that the tix drop on the 17th. I'm one of the lucky ones in Manchester and think I'm going to have to depend on the PJ Travel package or someone with an extra for each.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options

G'day Mauichick, yes Kim is my magnificent wife.
    You're welcome! We tried all day for you but no dice :evil: I was so mad! It felt like I lost a sporting event.
    I wont be joining Kim to Philly, only Seattle 1 (my birthday with my twin brother) and San Diego.
    And we are trying to figure out Australia
    Cheers[/quote]

I know and it was amazingly sweet...I have to say judging by all the stellar Aussies i've met, I just might have to transplant myself..
    Oh bummer, then down under then (crossing everything I got :))
    Have an amazing time in Seattle (happy b day to you and yr brother!) and SD! I'm sure y'll meet up with Mary and Bill in Seattle and Greg and Elena in SD..(amazing, fabulous people all)
  • Options
    Thought I'd bump this up in honor of booking my flight :)

In for melb and syd...anyone else traveling from NY?
  • Options
    givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
    Don't forget to sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pear ... index.html
  • Options
    bump - exactly 2 months till i board my flight for australia!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I would have if it was next November but can't this time.. Would have been great to see my former hometown show at Adelaide Oval but oh well I'm going to the Spectrum 3 times :) In 2006 I did the opposite and come from Adelaide to the west coast for the gorge and LA.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08