Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• What about the 10C travel packages??
  • WM172900 wrote:
    Hi
    Does anyone know if these shows will be age restricted as my son who is under 18 would like to come along. 18 is the legal drinking age in NZ and I recall previous concerts being R18
    Thanks
    Willi

YO WILLI!!!

It appears that if the GA/seating information is indeed correct, then the shows will be ALL AGES.

Of course, none of this is yet concerned. But it is on that website everyone is talking about over at Chugg land:

http://www.chuggentertainment.com/tour/225
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Linc, Brad, Judd or Dan :)
    I posted in Lincs thread, saying I was about to change my email addy for there, so would need it approved.....but it hasn't been done.
    Not that I've had anything to say anyway :lol: :shock:

hehehehe
    perhaps hes worried about the bandwidth with the tour and that...
    and he knows u are a post whore...hahahahaha.................. j/k :)

just checking flights to perth it takes about 6 hrs from here...geeeessssss
  • CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    If it is G.A how back back or to the side are seats at QSAC? Never been there for a GIG. Not really looking forward to it TBH. Would rather BEC, as bad as that it is.. Ho hum. Its PJ, i will buy seats with 10c and see what happens. A seat is a seat after all..
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    I hope I didn't act too soon but just booked all of my flights! Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane!!!

Can't wait!!!

good on ya.....I was thinking about doing it too.... but Ididnt..still deciding
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    What about the 10C travel packages??

i'm thinking that would be a travel pack for U.S ten club members who wish to fly over from the U.S
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • What about the 10C travel packages??

i'm thinking that would be a travel pack for U.S ten club members who wish to fly over from the U.S

Some confirmation on that would be nice. But I guess it does make sense. I just thought they were going to roll out the red carpet for us considering that we may have to put up with the rabble in GA.

Can any North American 10C members confirm this for us going on past tours?
  • Carlislebj wrote:
    If it is G.A how back back or to the side are seats at QSAC? Never been there for a GIG. Not really looking forward to it TBH. Would rather BEC, as bad as that it is.. Ho hum. Its PJ, i will buy seats with 10c and see what happens. A seat is a seat after all..

I've seen two gigs there. Both U2.

First one I was at the centre line (so that's about 50m from stage) up in the seating, about 2/3 of the way back.

WORST CONCERT EVER!!! The goddamn audio was OUT OF SYNC by about half to a second - so it was a gig of echoes......

Second one I had GA and got there late, so I was about half way back on the pitch.

SECOND WORST CONCERT EVER. The sound was pretty average, but I couldn't see a bloody thing. Not cuz I'm height challenged (I'm 6'), but because the band was soooo far away.

If you want seating in front of stage, you'll be about 120m away at the CLOSEST.

The ONLY option at this venue is GA, and get there early.

Shitbox of a place :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Shitbox of a place :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

well that's what i've been saying since it was know it was gonna be at QE2 but every one jumped on my back and told me to harden up.
  • Must be Rugby League fans :lol:
  • Isn't it a part of being in 10c that we get our tickets 1st? Everyone seems stressed about it all....I'm turning into a nutter checking my emails every 10 mins for news myself. Going to bed and hoping that when i wake up america will be well and truely awake and have let me know when i can get my tickets!!! Yay! :D
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    LivLivLiv wrote:
    Isn't it a part of being in 10c that we get our tickets 1st? Everyone seems stressed about it all....I'm turning into a nutter checking my emails every 10 mins for news myself. Going to bed and hoping that when i wake up america will be well and truely awake and have let me know when i can get my tickets!!! Yay! :D

Yeah was thinking the same we woke this morning to it being official on the pj site..
    so hopefully tomorrow will be more news...
  • Do you really think it will help being a ten club member if there are no actual seats? All that happens is that arseholes continue to push their way to the front. Not my idea of fun thanks. I am tall, but all you need is someone taller in front of you and you're screwed. I am soooo disappointed that this is the way the band has decided to do this tour. I understand they are all older and have families these days and this is the way of only doing a single show in each state but I am totally pissed off. There won't be the intimacy or rapport that comes with a smaller venue. You will lucky to even be able to see the band on stage and end up watching a screen, may as well watch a video.
  • CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    Man.. dunno what to do. I dont do GA very well. I am quite short. LOL 167cm is as good as it gets for me. LOL I guess if G.A is the only way to go, its get there at 8am the day of the gig and SPRINT to the fence and wait it out. as long as no knuckle heads surf over me and kick me in the head. :x :x :x :x :x Ugh. Was SO excited :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: for this gig and now i am not so excited. Do i wanna spend $130 and sit 100m back or G.A it and not see much anyways. Being 10c aint much an advantage for this tour... :cry::cry:
  • Lets just wait till 10 club announce whats going on i rekon. There'l be something organised im sure. Here's to hope :)
  • I booked my flights to perth this morning, gonna hold off n booking the rest just in case there are more than one show per city.
    G.A is the best news i've heard. We haven't had a Pearl Jam G.A concert in Oz since 1998 and god it was good. Apparently Ten Club members will be let into the arena earlier than general public ticket buyers which is good news. Be great to be "moshing" next to fellow members up the front.
    Very exciting times!!!
    As of yesterday and today, flights from Melb to Perth were $100 one way, perth to adelaid were $130, Adelaide to Melb were $50, Melb to Syd were $48, syd to bris were $70, all coinciding with the tour dates. dont know about Oz to New Zealnd, but i saw on web jet they were about 300 return, not sure when for though.

Shorter tour means less expensive people, 5 shows, quite easily the last time they ever come here, hoope not, but its possible. Live it up, get amongst it!!

Jam On!
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    Carlislebj wrote:
    Man.. dunno what to do. I dont do GA very well. I am quite short. LOL 167cm is as good as it gets for me. LOL I guess if G.A is the only way to go, its get there at 8am the day of the gig and SPRINT to the fence and wait it out. as long as no knuckle heads surf over me and kick me in the head. :x :x :x :x :x Ugh. Was SO excited :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: for this gig and now i am not so excited. Do i wanna spend $130 and sit 100m back or G.A it and not see much anyways. Being 10c aint much an advantage for this tour... :cry::cry:

my plan is to get there early, ill be at each venue by 8am, im also looking to do an over nighter in sydney, i will be on the fence and there is no moving me once i get there.
  • ToastieToastie Posts: 42
    unforgiven wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:

my plan is to get there early, ill be at each venue by 8am, im also looking to do an over nighter in sydney, i will be on the fence and there is no moving me once i get there.

PLEEEEASE dont stay overnight in Sydney! My last sleep out experience was really bad. Me and a mate slept out for RATM at the ent cent cause we thought people would be doing it for sure. Sure enough we got there at 5pm and had the most horrible nights "sleep" ever and then the first person to turn up came at like 8am. It was a reaaal piece of crap, but we did get on the fence right in front of Morello. I dont really wanna have to sleep out again after that effort so lets all just say we will be there in the morning and leave it at that. Deal?
    I booked my flights to perth this morning, gonna hold off n booking the rest just in case there are more than one show per city.
    G.A is the best news i've heard. We haven't had a Pearl Jam G.A concert in Oz since 1998 and god it was good. Apparently Ten Club members will be let into the arena earlier than general public ticket buyers which is good news. Be great to be "moshing" next to fellow members up the front.
    Very exciting times!!!
    As of yesterday and today, flights from Melb to Perth were $100 one way, perth to adelaid were $130, Adelaide to Melb were $50, Melb to Syd were $48, syd to bris were $70, all coinciding with the tour dates. dont know about Oz to New Zealnd, but i saw on web jet they were about 300 return, not sure when for though.

Shorter tour means less expensive people, 5 shows, quite easily the last time they ever come here, hoope not, but its possible. Live it up, get amongst it!!

Jam On!

cheapest I could find was 290 from tassie....:( times 4 is a lot for airfares..
    where if it was like 2006 3 shows in melb only costs ya the extra accom.....
    This way u have to travel further and it costs heaps more ...well it will for me to see 3 shows or 4..
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    Toastie wrote:
    unforgiven wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:

PLEEEEASE dont stay overnight in Sydney! My last sleep out experience was really bad. Me and a mate slept out for RATM at the ent cent cause we thought people would be doing it for sure. Sure enough we got there at 5pm and had the most horrible nights "sleep" ever and then the first person to turn up came at like 8am. It was a reaaal piece of crap, but we did get on the fence right in front of Morello. I dont really wanna have to sleep out again after that effort so lets all just say we will be there in the morning and leave it at that. Deal?

I love a good sleep out though, used to love the days of lining up all night at ticketek to get tickets, u meet so many interesting people.
  • errrrr, Sydney is the LAST place I'd want to spend the night outdoors in such a vulnerable position....
  • aus_suz wrote:
    I booked my flights to perth this morning, gonna hold off n booking the rest just in case there are more than one show per city.
    Very exciting times!!!

Jam On!

This way u have to travel further and it costs heaps more ...well it will for me to see 3 shows or 4..

TRY TAS TO MELB THEN MELB TO PERTH, WOULD BE WAY CHEAPER
  • Freddy ArheeharFreddy Arheehar San Diego Posts: 525
    Bugger, we have a trip to Mexico 16-20....need to cancel otherwise we have to miss my hometown show and go straight to Sydney. Damn you free work trip to Mexico :roll:
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Does anyone know if Yanks will have a chance at 10C tix if any remain after Ozzies purchase? (aside from the travel packages which while great that they're an option will prob be too $$ for me if in fact they are from US)

Thanks!
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    My worst nightmare. Living in the UK which is very hard at the moment due to the dire state of the Aussie cricket team is bad but flying out of Sydney the day before the football staduim show really hurts. Have a wedding on the 20th for really good friends & would have loved to started their marriage with a PJ would have capped it off nicely. One prob is that you only get a pair of Ten Club TIx. What to do!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
    why do people think there could be more shows announce?????
  • aus_suz wrote:
    LivLivLiv wrote:
    Isn't it a part of being in 10c that we get our tickets 1st? Everyone seems stressed about it all....I'm turning into a nutter checking my emails every 10 mins for news myself. Going to bed and hoping that when i wake up america will be well and truely awake and have let me know when i can get my tickets!!! Yay! :D

Yeah was thinking the same we woke this morning to it being official on the pj site..
    so hopefully tomorrow will be more news...

......nothing!!!!........
    edited August 2009
    aus_suz wrote:
    Very exciting times!!!

Jam On!

TRY TAS TO MELB THEN MELB TO PERTH, WOULD BE WAY CHEAPER

Yeah did that but it was about 25 bucks dearer....
    Was cheaper that way when I did newcastle to purchase the flight as not connecting....
    the only risk is they dont hold the plane if your flight isnt booked as connecting so it can be risky that way..
    Post edited by aus_suz on
  • I'm confused by the wording.. is Ben Harper opening for the NZ shows, or just Liam Finn???
  • yay yay and yay so excited - one show only though and different venue than the last times.....hope my new 10C membership gets me a nice ticket??? yay.....
This discussion has been closed.