Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

RubysdadRubysdad Posts: 133
edited September 2009 in The Porch
PJ announces Australia/New Zealand tour. Fan Club Pre-sale, travel package details coming soon.

Ben Harper and Relentless7 and Liam Finn
to Open All Dates

Tickets for all shows on sale, Monday 17 August

Pearl Jam announced today that they will play a series of outdoor shows in November in Australia and New Zealand, in support of their new album, Backspacer.

Pearl Jam will be returning to Australia for the first time in 3 years, bringing with them their old touring mates, Ben Harper and Relentless7 and Liam Finn, to play for one night only in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch. Tickets for all shows go on sale on Monday 17 August.

Scheduled for release in Australia and New Zealand on Friday, 18 September, the band‘s ninth studio album, Backspacer, will be available in both countries before the rest of the world. The first single, The Fixer, went to Australian radio on 21 July and was the No. 1 most added song to radio that week.

It‘s been 3 years since Pearl Jam last toured Australia and New Zealand and their Australian fans clearly haven‘t forgotten them with two songs appearing in Triple J‘s recent Hottest 100 of All Time list (Alive at No. 24 and Better Man at No. 39).

Appearing with Pearl Jam, and no stranger to Australian shores, is Ben Harper and Relentless 7, who were last here in April of this year to headline the 20th Anniversary East Coast Blues and Roots Festival and perform a one-off, sold out headline show in Sydney.

Opening all shows will be New Zealand‘s own Liam Finn. Having played his own sold-out shows on every continent, opened for the The Black Keys and Eddie Vedder, and performed at the All Tomorrow‘s Parties‘ ATP Vs The Fans Part II: The Fans Strike Back Festival in UK earlier this year, Liam will join the tour in support of the worldwide release his new EP, Champagne In Seashells, featuring Long Way to Go, on 4 September, 2009.

The shows announced will be ‗one-show-only‘ concerts and promise to be THE must-see rock events of the summer season!

Tickets for all Australian and New Zealand shows will go on sale at 9am on Monday, 17 August 2009, and details of ticket outlets for each show are below.

***Ten Club members-only ticket pre-sale details to follow. Check http://www.pearljam.com for details.

***Special Ten Club sponsored Travel Packages to be available. Details forthcoming.

AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND TOUR DATES:

Saturday, 14 November, 2009
Members Equity Stadium, Perth, Australia
Ticket prices: $123.90 – Gold and $99.90 – Silver
Tickets available from Ticketmaster - http://www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100

Tuesday, 17 November, 2009
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia
Tickets available from Ticketek - http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Friday, 20 November, 2009
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne, Australia
Tickets available from Ticketmaster - http://www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100

Sunday, 22 November, 2009
Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney, Australia
Tickets available from Ticketek - http://www.Ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Wednesday, 25 November, 2009
QSAC Stadium, Brisbane, Australia
Tickets available from Ticketek - http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Friday, 27 November, 2009
Mt Smart, Auckland, New Zealand
Ticket prices: $119.50 – Gold and $99.50 – Silver
Tickets available from Ticketek: http://www.ticketek.co.nz or 0800 842538

Sunday, 29 November, 2009
AMI Stadium, Christchurch, New Zealand
Ticket prices: $119.50 – Gold and $99.50 – Silver
Tickets available from Ticketek: http://www.ticketek.co.nz or 0800 842538
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Wow!!

::drools::

August 17th is our 16th anniversary.... would be nice if we could purchase a travel package to Australia!

Anyone wants to buy us the package? ;)

Just kidding.... nice dream, though.

Yay for our OZ & New Zealand fans!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    No one has posted here yet?

You got what you were waiting for Aussies!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    No one has posted here yet?

You got what you were waiting for Aussies!

Still sleeping, I'm sure....
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Can't wait to check out the travel package...always wished I had jumped on the last one for Hawaii...
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Those are going to be some awesome shows- would love to go to the New Zealand ones.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    any guesses on the price of the soon to be announced travel package?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    KartsKarts Posts: 116
    So I'm trying to see how long it will take to travel between Brisbane and Sydney. Place it into Google Maps and it seems to be quite the trip:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... e=UTF8&z=3

Anyone want to kayak with me across the Pacific?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Good news for my friends down there!!!!!!!!!enjoy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Im very happy for all you australian's & New Zealander's!!!
    Conrats everyone of you. Its been awhile
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    am i the only one upset that OZ gets the new album 2 days earlier than us?!? :evil: ;)

enjoy the shows guys! sweet double openers!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Still sleeping..is 04:00 in the morning there
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    congrats folks!! enjoy
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    We should be still sleeping!!

So the leaked link we all received yesterday was true. One gig only per state in crappy large stadium.

The vibe will be very different this year but we're still fortunate to have them here :)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    congrats to everyone over there! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Karts wrote:
    So I'm trying to see how long it will take to travel between Brisbane and Sydney. Place it into Google Maps and it seems to be quite the trip:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... e=UTF8&z=3

Anyone want to kayak with me across the Pacific?

It's about a 30min plane ride :)
  • Options
    Well wanted to go at one point...but as it's in november....and stadium shows...it won't be worth the trip...
  • Options
    DROP THE LEASH DROP THE LEASH....GET OUTA MY FUCKIN' FACE!!!

Fuck yeah! This is going to be awesome! Bring it on guys!!!

There is a 10C presale, so there HAS TO BE some concessions for us regardless of seated or GA.

As for Brisbane to Sydney - it's just down the road mate! 10-11hr drive will get you there no worries! 1000km is nothing to us Aussies.

As for the travel packages. Are they talking international, or national? My initial reaction was they were putting together some deals for us Aussies as we have to travel so much just to see all the gigs. I hope like hell that's the case!!
  • Options
    Joni-Lee wrote:

It's about a 30min plane ride :)

Dunno what shit you got packin' in YOUR planes - but over here it's an hour flight.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Woohoo! Congrats Australia and New Zealanders!!!!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Awesome news for OZ/NZ fans...now 10 Club when are you going to announce the Philly Halloween concert? :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Hallelujah!! After 11 long, dark years! :D
    I'm so happy I'm willing to excuse to Wellington-Shun...
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Great news for everybody downunder! Wish I could go!
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    edited August 2009
    for the second time ever they are playing on my birthday NOV 20..... sounds like a nice birthday trip!
    Post edited by camaros on
    i like sound...
  • Options
    Awesome news for OZ/NZ fans...now 10 Club when are you going to announce the Philly Halloween concert? :)

Ouch... I wouldn't have said it in this thread. trifim.gif

I imagine you are very excited and impatient...but New Zealand folks have been waiting 11 years... d'oh.

Sure makes me appreciate how many times we were lucky to have been able to see them here in U.S.!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Congratulations to all of our friends down under!!
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Ohhhh yeah!! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    I'm happyfor all you Aussies out there!! BH and Liam to open all shows?? WOW!! :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I was really excited about my first trip to oz, now I must admit I'm reconsidering. PJ is splitting the ticket with Ben, so what does that mean-a shorter PJ show? Not to mention only one show each place in a stadium, that's a whole lot of traveling. If someone feels differently, I would love the positive news!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Sounds like a great tour! Lucky people they are the aussies and ozzies.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    IAmMyself wrote:
    I was really excited about my first trip to oz, now I must admit I'm reconsidering. PJ is splitting the ticket with Ben, so what does that mean-a shorter PJ show? Not to mention only one show each place in a stadium, that's a whole lot of traveling. If someone feels differently, I would love the positive news!
    I dont think Ben Harper is a co-headliner by any means. I think they're just making Liam Finn a first opener, and then Ben Harper and then a full-length PJ show.

Just my guess - I dont think for a second though its a co-headliner show.
This discussion has been closed.