Options

I don't understand why peeps are crying

Come Back in BlackCome Back in Black Posts: 659
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I just re-read this:

http://www.tenclub.net/news/index.php?what=News#236

The only thing "exclusive" is the "pre-sale"

By definition that means it will be available after the "pre-sale". hence the word... "PRE"

So you were able to buy it early from the 10-club. It does not say that the book etc is exclusive.

So if you did not get one, than go to that other site that has been posted by other peeps. Not sure why posts are being deleted though. Most likely is because 10 club probably still wants you to buy it here on that day.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    "here on that day"

would be yesterday
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I just don't understand why people abbreviate people with "peeps". "People" is only 1 more letter.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Danimal wrote:
    I just don't understand why people abbreviate people with "peeps". "People" is only 1 more letter.
    peeps sounds cool, that's why.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    I just re-read this:

http://www.tenclub.net/news/index.php?what=News#236

The only thing "exclusive" is the "pre-sale"

By definition that means it will be available after the "pre-sale". hence the word... "PRE"

So you were able to buy it early from the 10-club. It does not say that the book etc is exclusive.

So if you did not get one, than go to that other site that has been posted by other peeps. Not sure why posts are being deleted though. Most likely is because 10 club probably still wants you to buy it here on that day.

I don't really care either way. My wife and I each got one (one for listening, one for preservation)....but I think the ORIGINAL wording on the tenclub.net news site (before you "re-read it" was recently edited when they realized they made it sound like this version was fanclub exclusive....whether it was a misunderstanding or simply poor wording...I think they have realized it and are doing a bit of a "cover-up"...not to be misleading, necessarily, but just to try to calm the shit-storm. I'm relatively certain that the EXACT version many of us ordered from the fanclub is going to available through independent record stores (as well as some online vinyl-specific stores such as the one that keeps getting linked to). So, it's going to be limited, but not limited in the way that we originally thought. In short, if you're pissed because you ordered it and it's not as limited as you thought, tell 10C you want a refund, I'm sure they'd oblige since it doesn't ship for another week any way. AND, if you didn't get to order it before it sold out...check with your local independent record store, you may find it there. If anyone from the TenClub wants to chime in on the matter, that would be nice...but not really expected.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    October22 wrote:
    Because without a doubt, the 10C version will be different ("special") somehow, possibly even numbered. To you that may not be important but I can understand why it makes it more desirable.

Really? That's news to me. You make it sound like it's certain when no one really knows if that's the case
  • Options
    I don't really care either way. My wife and I each got one (one for listening, one for preservation)....but I think the ORIGINAL wording on the tenclub.net news site (before you "re-read it" was recently edited when they realized they made it sound like this version was fanclub exclusive....whether it was a misunderstanding or simply poor wording...I think they have realized it and are doing a bit of a "cover-up"...not to be misleading, necessarily, but just to try to calm the shit-storm. I'm relatively certain that the EXACT version many of us ordered from the fanclub is going to available through independent record stores (as well as some online vinyl-specific stores such as the one that keeps getting linked to). So, it's going to be limited, but not limited in the way that we originally thought. In short, if you're pissed because you ordered it and it's not as limited as you thought, tell 10C you want a refund, I'm sure they'd oblige since it doesn't ship for another week any way. AND, if you didn't get to order it before it sold out...check with your local independent record store, you may find it there. If anyone from the TenClub wants to chime in on the matter, that would be nice...but not really expected.

ah ok thanks for your thoughts. makes more sense to me now.
  • Options
    dirtyT wrote:
    peeps sounds cool, that's why.

Yeah "peeps" started as oral slang. It did not originate as an internet quick key stroke or something. So it makes sense that it is not much "shorter" to type.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I think this presale may be for a different version all together, different cover art and high-grade audiophile vinyl, to boot. Hence the "This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com" part.

I wouldn't be surprised if the retail version has the cover art like the CD release. And not on high-grade vinyl.

Just my guess - for all those who missed out, I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Danimal wrote:
    lol. literally.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    the point is i am a Ten Club member and i should be able to purchase an item for sale in a Ten Club presale. i feel that Pearl Jam/Ten Club treats their fans very very well.. it just seems out of character for them to have such a limited number of copies and not allow THIER fans a shot to buy this product.

i just feel jipped and now i vented. thank you.