Options

Fixer VS Big Wave

CopTheRiotActCopTheRiotAct Posts: 953
edited July 2009 in The Porch
What I've noticed is PJ have never released the same single twice. From the spiritual "Who You Are" to the brooding dark "Nothing as it seems" to The-last-hope-tired anthem "I am mine". It doesnt seem to matter when the single is chosen, whether the song represents the album or is the strongest. I dont think any two leading singles have the same style. I'm just making the point that basicly any song can be released as the first single regardless of how good it is as a stand-alone song.

So this time Pearl jam have chosen "The fixer" as there single. They have done songs in this style before "Big wave" and "Get Right". Maybe "Pilate" can come come under this catergory.The questions i put to the board is

"Is it acceptable that Big wave made it on the previous album?"

"Which song do you prefer Big Wave or The Fixer?"

or another question "What do you think the reaction would have been if "Big Wave" was the first single for Avocado?"
...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

"Is it acceptable that Big wave made it on the previous album?"

"Which song do you prefer Big Wave or The Fixer?"

or another question "What do you think the reaction would have been if "Big Wave" was the first single for Avocado?"

1. In my opinion yes, although it adds to the weakest stretch of the album.

2. The Fixer x10000

3. Bad.......it is not on the same level as the fixer.........Big Wage is just an okay song that didn't showcase anything new or exciting from the band.