Robots in the first two rows...

patchesHoulihanpatchesHoulihan Posts: 42
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Have been dethroned! HA HA!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    I missed it, so appartently no more scenority for tickets? Or a few rows? Is there a post/thread about this? FOR GOD'S SAKE I NEED ANSWERS!!!

sorry about that
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    dirtyT wrote:
    I missed it, so appartently no more scenority for tickets? Or a few rows? Is there a post/thread about this? FOR GOD'S SAKE I NEED ANSWERS!!!

sorry about that
    just read the tour sticky it's in there
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I was called an energizer bunny, but never a robot when I was in the front rows :D

Rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 are random seating for fanclub members. Mixing up the love a little. Look at Rudydad's Tour Announcement sticky.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    thank you both above this post!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i want to be in the first two rows....im feeling lucky for MSG....heheheh
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774

you know what, there is really no need to bash other fans, people enjoy music differently

to each his own, but I think your karma is going to put you in the back
  • Options
    the Chadthe Chad Posts: 65
    This is a good thing...

I have been in the 10 Club since 1996, never have been in the first 5 rows that changed a couple of Summers ago ago in San Diego...

A 10Club member in NYC transferred me her tickets, she told me she is always in the first or second row...

sure enough we roll up to the ticket window at Cox Arena, I almost had a heart attack, 2nd ROW!!! Best seats, Best show, only one sour note...

the folks around us, you are correct they were "robots" no life...they were like statues...they bust out BIG WAVE for the first time, and the dude next to me tells me to calm down, are you kidding, Sat night in San Diego, these folks have no pulse...brought my buddy with me he had the same impression, and it was a shame the folks behind the stage had more energy, these folks think they are entitled and they take it for granted...Barely standing up...

A girl tried to sneak in between me and my bud, folks behind us told security, true story...no fun up front with that crowd, time for some new blood to taste the wine...

Rock N Roll!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    i want to be in the first two rows....im feeling lucky for MSG....heheheh

the 1st and 2nd rows at PJ shows are a lot of fun :D keep in mind, though, the odds are a bitch! lol in any case, the EV Vancouver shows are on my mind, not to mention the $600 bid that secured me a pair of the WM3 auction tickets in the 2nd row for the April 3rd show. i'll be holding up a sign that reads "Ed - remember this face, 2nd row at MSG sucka!"

:)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    I have never seen a front row of people just standing there, I don't know what show(s) you are referring to.

Being in the first 1-8 rows usually all I see is a bunch of fans in front of me rocking their asses off.

Fat Bastard never stops waiving his arms, Pot smoking avacado head was a madman until his buzz died down. Conan the bald barbarian was always full of energy, I know I had whiplash for two days after Chicago and Milwaukee. HHelen was danging around all the time....I just don't know what shows you are referring to. All the above characters are real and I have no idea who the fuck they are minus Helen, that is just what I call them.

yeah some new faces up front will be cool, but all those statures you refer too were the crazy fuckers you saw in the alive and evenflow videos so cut them some slack

now if a bunch of people tried jamming their asses next to me or in front of me in a seated venue I would not be cool with that. If it is GA it is all fair game, but when you pay for seats you get your space, why is it a problem when people want the space? Every concert I have been to including NIN/Manson/Jim Rose circa 94 in the height of moshdom there were still some people standing. Contrary to somes beleifs some people are there to enjoy the music without Beer being spilled on them, some seat jumpers stepping on their feet etc. Yeah Yeah it's rock and roll not a very good argument.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    smileguy wrote:
    This is a good thing...

I have been in the 10 Club since 1996, never have been in the first 5 rows that changed a couple of Summers ago ago in San Diego...

A 10Club member in NYC transferred me her tickets, she told me she is always in the first or second row...

sure enough we roll up to the ticket window at Cox Arena, I almost had a heart attack, 2nd ROW!!! Best seats, Best show, only one sour note...

the folks around us, you are correct they were "robots" no life...they were like statues...they bust out BIG WAVE for the first time, and the dude next to me tells me to calm down, are you kidding, Sat night in San Diego, these folks have no pulse...brought my buddy with me he had the same impression, and it was a shame the folks behind the stage had more energy, these folks think they are entitled and they take it for granted...Barely standing up...

A girl tried to sneak in between me and my bud, folks behind us told security, true story...no fun up front with that crowd, time for some new blood to taste the wine...

Rock N Roll!

I have to agree here. I live in Idaho, so I'm totally removed from the PJ community, don't know any of you, haven't been to a bunch of shows, etc. When they started releasing live DVDs, I was dumbfounded by the lack of audience energy, especially for American shows. Honestly, I would have a tough time as a musician to get fired up if I was playing for those folks.

I agree that people should enjoy music however they want to, but I was kind of shocked to see such a clean-cut, button-downed fan base. I used to think PJ fans were somewhat crazy like me...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,317
    In my opinion, the "statue" or "robot" stuff is way overblown by people who are probably just jealous.

Are there some early era 10Clubbers who are now closing in on 40 and much less inclined to go crazy up front? Of course. But there's also a completely different vibe up there. As someone who's been lucky enough to be up in the front row three or four times, it's not as easy as you think to go nuts or pogo or whatever when Ed's looking right at you or you're inches from the photographer or a burly security guard.

I know, I know ... you think that's BS ... and I myself was far from a "statue" or "robot" or whatever. But my point is you really don't know what it's like up there until you're up there.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    check out the first 10 rows on the Boston Garden 5/24/06 DVD during "Release"

..talk about riding a wave..

Ed just handed us the first chorus..
    handed
    it
    to
    us!

a beautiful moment!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    locked wrote:
    check out the first 10 rows on the Boston Garden 5/24/06 DVD during "Release"

..talk about riding a wave..

Ed just handed us the first chorus..
    handed
    it
    to
    us!

a beautiful moment!
    What DVD?! Am I in there?! Ohmygawd I have to find this.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I was in the 2ns row in Asheville 04 and beside the textbook definition of "little bitch dude." It's a concert, not Catholics mass! Shit!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    i've been lucky enough to be in the 2nd row a few times and have NEVER had "robots" near me...always people going nuts...maybe they aren't going nuts the way "you" are but doesnt mean they aren't into it just as much
  • Options

I have a low number and even I think this is a great Idea.

that said, no need to be grade school about it.

just because the usual suspects won't be in tghe front rows doesn't mean you will.
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    What DVD?! Am I in there?! Ohmygawd I have to find this.
    Hey there, no hun I don't remember seeing you in it, it's shot from an angle that you don't get to see us jumping around in the front!! Maybe next time:rolleyes:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    smileguy wrote:
    This is a good thing...

Rock N Roll!
    Oh god no, that's great and horrible.
    I've seen both sides people like me, Ms. Haiku, locked... jumping around like we've got hot coals under our feet and then people standing there with their arms crossed...ugh!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I agree. I love the new lottery. The band has got to be tired of seeing the same people in the front row all the time.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,297
    i've been front row since 00 till 06 i have never seen anybody just standing there like a robot even if i'm back 100rows i will still rock out ,so i know your not refering to me :) .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    If I am ever ever up front I will be going crazy I don't give a shit what people think about me. I'm gonna be jumping up and down.......sorry but its my nature. Of course I would be doing this in the nosebleed as well.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Well I think they should put us shorties in the first few rows!
    Dammit I'm only 5' 3" tall and I always seem to have Robert Wadlow in front of me! :D
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    PearlinitPearlinit Posts: 28
    I've been to 30 shows over the years, many of which people looked like they were half dead standing up there. This doesnt say everyone up front look that way, but many do. I have been in the first 5 rows for at least 15 of the shows I been to and I can't help but feel the music which drives me to move. It is frustrating to see people just stand there, but everyone is different.
    I do think it is a great solution to change up the people always up front for a few reasons:
    -New blood in there rockin out.
    -Gives those a chance who never experienced them up close.
    -Gives the band new faces.

~peace~
    ... two birds is what they'll see ... getting lost upon their way ...
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    smileguy wrote:
    ...they were like statues...they bust out BIG WAVE for the first time, and the dude next to me tells me to calm down,

if someone said that to me at a show i'd say "i've got two words for you buddy and the first one is fuck"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    if someone said that to me at a show i'd say "i've got two words for you buddy and the first one is fuck"

Remarkably polite of you, considering the circumstance. True gentleman.
    Phoney Beatle mania has bitten the dust...
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    It's a mixed bag out front. But for everyone who is boring, uptight and lame, there is someone having a visibly great time who truly appreciates being up there. There are also those who are really cool people and big fans but are also not that expressive and physical.

No need to be rude about the "seniors" though... I'm sure if you took a sampling of people who had fan club #'s 300-400K there would be just as many lame people.

Last couple tours I've had a lot of fantastic seats... mostly rows 2-4. It will be a little sad getting pushed back but I think it's also cool to mix it up a bit.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    what about the vips that get front row from their publicist?

I doubt the 10c has all of the first two rows
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    they get stage seats,

hurt ass Kerry Wood is always on stage in the back or on the sides. I guess than makes sens all he does is ride the pine nowadays
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I've never been near the front floor and not felt the energy.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    they get stage seats,

hurt ass Kerry Wood is always on stage in the back or on the sides. I guess than makes sens all he does is ride the pine nowadays

That is your new closer that your making fun of...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......