Options

I need a very cheap hotel in Seattle!

arqarq Posts: 7,935
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Any cheap hotel close to a subway or any method good of transportation on Seattle?

I'm trying not spend too much money in hotel fares i just need some place to leave the bags and sleep but it can't be far from the city, you know what i'm talking about ;)

Thanks!
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Hostel...
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Thanks Bro but even that is a little expensive :oops: i didn't know but from miami to seattle the trip is ver very expensive!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    http://www.greentortoise.net/

Book early!!

Its right near the Pike Street Market, Metro Transit nearby.
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    so i take it you got the tenclub tix to a seattle show. Im hoping to get mine for LA tomorrow. I was wondering how much in fees are going to be tacked on. You wouldnt mind sharing the total damage with a fellow Jammer would ya?
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    WaveRyder wrote:
    so i take it you got the tenclub tix to a seattle show. Im hoping to get mine for LA tomorrow. I was wondering how much in fees are going to be tacked on. You wouldnt mind sharing the total damage with a fellow Jammer would ya?

I don't mind but my wife for sure she'll complain A LOT! :lol:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 388
    WaveRyder wrote:

Ticket prices listed on the main page are the actual cost. They already include venue fees, and there are no ticketbastard fees. So Seattle was listed at $148, and that's what I was charged. So LA will be the $163 per pair.
  • Options
    greencouggreencoug Posts: 1
    Hey Arq,

The Tortoise is about 1.5 miles from the Key Arena. However, 4 blocks from the hostel is the Westlake Shopping Center. The Seattle Monorail runs from there right to the Seattle Center where the Key Arena is. It runs until 11pm, one way is $2.00, round trip $4.00. You could always take a cab or the Metro bus back to the hostel.
  • Options
    greencoug wrote:
    Hey Arq,

The Tortoise is about 1.5 miles from the Key Arena. However, 4 blocks from the hostel is the Westlake Shopping Center. The Seattle Monorail runs from there right to the Seattle Center where the Key Arena is. It runs until 11pm, one way is $2.00, round trip $4.00. You could always take a cab or the Metro bus back to the hostel.

Thanks buddy!!! Your first post and is great!!!

:D I'm going with my with i think i found a hotel near not so far 4miles to the key arena, and not so expensive, now, i need to know what to see in seattle, my first trip mecca!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    park-bench_848.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Thanks for the Green Tortoise Tip. I will try it there. For a bed in a 6-8 bed room it's 31 bucks a night.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    jimed14 wrote:
    park-bench_848.jpg

:lol:
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Got the Mediterranean Inn in lower Queen Anne and one block from Easy Street and 1.5 blocks from Key Arena for $104 per night, tax and fees included...Canadian funds....Hotels.ca or Hotels.com...They probably have more rooms, but act fast!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    tdmuwtdmuw Posts: 29
    Take a bus to and from the key (http://metro.kingcounty.gov/), it's the easiest way to get around Seattle. I've never found the monorail to be convenient, more of a tourist trap than anything.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    bump
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I think we stayed at a place called the KINGS INN ......cheap , but close to everything....

SBB
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    just watch yourself around the Green Tortoise/Belltown area- ok during the day but at night often not so safe.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    gjemsel wrote:
    http://www.greentortoise.net/

Book early!!

Its right near the Pike Street Market, Metro Transit nearby.

haha....i was going to say green turtle. close. ;)
    i've never personally stayed there, not much for hostels...but a good friend swears by this place. cheap and clean.

if you actually want a hotel, someone posted elsewhere going on priceline, name your own price, downtown - pike market, $65, and you will get the westin! awesome deal!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    just watch yourself around the Green Tortoise/Belltown area- ok during the day but at night often not so safe.

thanks, i'll try....
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    jimed14 wrote:
    park-bench_848.jpg

Nice!!!! :mrgreen:

We're staying at the Moore.

http://www.moorehotel.com/

Six of us in one room, for $180 a night. This place is cool. I've stayed there before (and Queensryche was playing downstairs :mrgreen: )
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16