Sold out?!?! How?

Comments

• all i have to say is, you gotta love veruca salt.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    brandon10 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at either. The reason 10C does not sell their tickets for the entire venue, simply put, is because they are not allowed. All Ticketmaster venues give a certain percentage of the venue as a set maximum a band may choose to allocate as fan club tickets. Last I heard was roughly 10% of the venues. Regarding having excellent access to excellent seats, Ten Club does what they can I believe.

This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.

2003 was the last tour of no restrictions, and thus all the issues scoring 10c tix since.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    brandon10 wrote:
    [quote="brandon10 This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.

i recall their being acceptions made for MSG in 03. i beleive that is the same year ticketmaster instituted the policy. maybe that tour was "grandfathered" in or maybe they just didn't want to upset pearl jam again. :oops:

Thanks for the info. Either way, Thing definately are changing. And not in a good way.[/quote]
    Such is life. Also, regarding the other 'idiots that decided to chime in', I would work on your wording, because your initial post portrayed you as a spoiled person with a 'holier than thou' attitude, although that wasn't what you were intending.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Now I've seen it all....

10-C won't prove to everyone that they care about us until they build 100,000-capacity stadiums in every city for Pearl Jam to play in and offer the tickets up to EVERY 10-C member. For free.

Of course then said members will bitch about being far from the stage.
    what if the stage was 100,000 people in circumference and slowly rotated? 8-)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    and so it begins....
    i love this song,,u crazy bitcing..sorry.... u crazy breed.... :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,311
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Now I've seen it all....

10-C won't prove to everyone that they care about us until they build 100,000-capacity stadiums in every city for Pearl Jam to play in and offer the tickets up to EVERY 10-C member. For free.

Nah, sorry, that won't work -- there are Pearl Jam fans with motion sickness.

:D
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Now I've seen it all....

Nah, sorry, that won't work -- there are Pearl Jam fans with motion sickness.

:D
    Guess the band will have to spin then, a la Ringo's drumset :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
    brandon10 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at either. The reason 10C does not sell their tickets for the entire venue, simply put, is because they are not allowed. All Ticketmaster venues give a certain percentage of the venue as a set maximum a band may choose to allocate as fan club tickets. Last I heard was roughly 10% of the venues. Regarding having excellent access to excellent seats, Ten Club does what they can I believe.

This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.

2003 was the last tour of no restrictions, and thus all the issues scoring 10c tix since.

That makes sense. I know for sure that I didn't feel like I was ordering through ticketmaster in the past when I ordered fan club tickets. In fact I think that pre 2003 we even ordered some fan club seats by mail!!
    sgossard3 wrote:
    so how long after tickets went on sale did you casually mosey over to your computer to effortlessly buy your tickets? :?

didnt try for tickets today but im not at all surprised by how fast they sold out
    :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,905
    Everything changed in 2003 when 10c allowed members to purchase tickets to any number of shows. In 2000, you were restricted to 1 show per tour.

The thing I find a little irritating, I guess, is if I were to be shut out like you were while somebody attending 20 shows and lives 3,000 miles away gets in and nudges you out. There are a lot of theories for solutions out there. But right now, this is the system and most importantly, it is very well communicated, beforehand as to what you can expect.

I guess fish don't recognise that you, the fisherman, have been waiting all day and decide to volunteer to die.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
    sgossard3 wrote:
    so how long after tickets went on sale did you casually mosey over to your computer to effortlessly buy your tickets? :?

didnt try for tickets today but im not at all surprised by how fast they sold out

I actually got seats for night one but had connection problems for night 2. But thanks for the comment. You reminded of the reason I rarely post here anymore.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    benjs wrote:
    Such is life. Also, regarding the other 'idiots that decided to chime in', I would work on your wording, because your initial post portrayed you as a spoiled person with a 'holier than thou' attitude, although that wasn't what you were intending.
    his whole post came off that way at first
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• brandon10 wrote:

That makes sense. I know for sure that I didn't feel like I was ordering through ticketmaster in the past when I ordered fan club tickets. In fact I think that pre 2003 we even ordered some fan club seats by mail!!

OH LORD!!! i remember the 10c purchasing of tix sending in a money order and an index card for each of the shows you wanted. i hit up 7-11 for the biggest money order ever in 2003. :) now that sucked. suddenly coming up with the cash to buy a money order. credit card online is definately preferred. sorry you got shut out. just keep trying other avenues. i know i got shut out of benaroya and got 2nd row the day of the show at the box office. where there is a will there is a way.
    metsfan wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    his whole post came off that way at first
    That's what I was referring to.

EV
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,042
    I have a feeling that if, as Brandon10 wants, 10 Club filled the whole arena with fans, then he would aso be complaining that he didn't get decent seats.

Sometime you win. Sometimes, you lose out -- like I did with the Vic a couple years ago.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    brandon10 wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:

2003 was also the last year of 10c tix thru mail.
    i remember all well as it was my first year of seeing pearl jam.
    i also remember they actually oversold their 10c allotment for MSG 2, and offered up a trade.....get 10c tix to holmdel instead. i took that offer, combined with block seating...and i got 11th row in jersey. :D had my 10c seats up in the 200s for night one, and bought someone's 10c spare for night 2.....so even my first tour, there was a bit of a scramble. the only time i actually got shut out was last summer for ed solo, but again, just bought someone's spare. i've been very lucky, either on my own or with friends.....so i hope the luck holds out for philly! :shock: scary, scary! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

brandon10 wrote:

OH LORD!!! i remember the 10c purchasing of tix sending in a money order and an index card for each of the shows you wanted. i hit up 7-11 for the biggest money order ever in 2003. :) now that sucked. suddenly coming up with the cash to buy a money order. credit card online is definately preferred. sorry you got shut out. just keep trying other avenues. i know i got shut out of benaroya and got 2nd row the day of the show at the box office. where there is a will there is a way.

Yea thanks. I'm not overly worried. I've been very fortunate in the past. And I'm sure I'll end up with decent seats. I just think if Pj could fight to be able to sell as much of the venue as possible that it would be fantastic for all of us.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    brandon10 wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:

I actually got seats for night one but had connection problems for night 2. But thanks for the comment. You reminded of the reason I rarely post here anymore.
    this thread was started at 2:30 and tickets sold out when? :| ... then again i guess it took awhile to put together such an eloquent, well researched complaint

feel free to post when youre in the mood again... ill be around if you have any questions
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    brandon10 wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:

. I just think if Pj could fight to be able to sell as much of the venue as possible that it would be fantastic for all of us.

The problem is the TM @10% rule as people have pointed out - I'm sure they could have access to the whole building but then they have to cover all the fees TM doesn't get on 90% of the seats which means instead of $148 pair for Seattle it likely goes well over $200 a pair and imagine the complaints then.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Can someone please post how many minutes it took each show to sell out? Trying to gauge what I am in for for the Philly onsale.

Thanks, DrDeal
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Drdeal wrote:
    Can someone please post how many minutes it took each show to sell out? Trying to gauge what I am in for for the Philly onsale.

Thanks, DrDeal

20 minutes max before they put up "Sold Out"
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Drdeal wrote:

Thanks, DrDeal

20 minutes max before they put up "Sold Out"
    yes,,and temporary out of stock was 3-4 minures after the buy now
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Pearl Jam has gotten around the 10 percent fan club limit before. Maybe ticketmaster is cracking down?

I know the 06 gorge shows must of had over 10 percent. I think the policy came into effect around 02/03. I know the 02 seattle show, they only got so many tickets and did a random draw for them (I wonder if that was the first bite of the limit), also the gorge 05 show only had 2000 tickets (1000 pairs) which is about 10 percent. Pearl Jam has gotten around it before. Maybe they're losing their bargaining power? It does kinda suck.

Seattle 2000 at the key was insanely populated with fan club members. It's the only show i've been too when my 10c tickets didn't get me on the floor.

stupid ticketmaster.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    The 10club only gets to reserve a limited amount of tickets, these are the best seats in the arena, 10club is unable to reserve all the seats @ the key ticketmaster gets the majority

10% to 20% usually, according to the TC.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    lol It always makes me laugh how ignorant people are. Clearly the Topic Creator is clueless.
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Now I've seen it all....

or QUICKLY...during spin the black circle...
    so quick that stone's glasses FLY off and peg some lucky fan in the head...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    I have a feeling that if, as Brandon10 wants, 10 Club filled the whole arena with fans, then he would aso be complaining that he didn't get decent seats.

Sometime you win. Sometimes, you lose out -- like I did with the Vic a couple years ago.

aw YA... Vic....... ALL of my friends got in buts me :(

oh wells is right :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • 58823005882300 Posts: 813
    jimed14 wrote:
    veruca_salt.jpg

Sorry, I think I just pee'd a little. I never put the two together but I know a girl who actually looks and acts just like Veruca. Beautiful!
    5882300 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    veruca_salt.jpg

Sorry, I think I just pee'd a little. I never put the two together but I know a girl who actually looks and acts just like Veruca. Beautiful!
  • bicyclejoe wrote:

Is it too late to create a post complaining that I didn't get tickets to this show?
This discussion has been closed.