Options

Listening to No Code has helped in the last 24 hrs

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Last 24 hrs or so have been rough. My father had what we believe was a heart attack yesterday afternoon at my sister's house. Rushed him to the ER and they admitted him right away. Seeing him hooked up with all the tubes and shit really got to me. I may at times dislike my father but I do love him so very much. My sister's and I were with him until almost midnight last nite. Our mother has been in LA with her sister on vacation this past week. She called by chance last nite just to ask my older sister what size shirt her son wears. We then told her the news and she felt so helpless. Her flight has already left and she will be landing at 530pm tonight.

After coming home last nite I put No Code on the record player. Downed a couple beers and just sat in the dark and listened to my vinyl. It relaxed me and I'm sure the beer did as well. lol Found out this morning that they are keeping him over nite again. Heart and stress test are not complete yet. We just don't know yet and thats the part I hate. I got maybe 2-3 hrs of sleep last nite. So I may be rambling on here. But just had to get this out. Cause I know some of you understand what it's like to go threw this stuff.

Feel like I'm about to crash here. So I'll wake up later and go pick up my mom from the airport and back to the hospital. Keep sending the good vibes this way. It helps alot. Thank you :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Last 24 hrs or so have been rough. My father had what we believe was a heart attack yesterday afternoon at my sister's house. Rushed him to the ER and they admitted him right away. Seeing him hooked up with all the tubes and shit really got to me. I may at times dislike my father but I do love him so very much. My sister's and I were with him until almost midnight last nite. Our mother has been in LA with her sister on vacation this past week. She called by chance last nite just to ask my older sister what size shirt her son wears. We then told her the news and she felt so helpless. Her flight has already left and she will be landing at 530pm tonight.

After coming home last nite I put No Code on the record player. Downed a couple beers and just sat in the dark and listened to my vinyl. It relaxed me and I'm sure the beer did as well. lol Found out this morning that they are keeping him over nite again. Heart and stress test are not complete yet. We just don't know yet and thats the part I hate. I got maybe 2-3 hrs of sleep last nite. So I may be rambling on here. But just had to get this out. Cause I know some of you understand what it's like to go threw this stuff.

Feel like I'm about to crash here. So I'll wake up later and go pick up my mom from the airport and back to the hospital. Keep sending the good vibes this way. It helps alot. Thank you :)

good vibes out to your dad & your whole family that does suck i hope you get some rest soon .......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vibes
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'm sending good vibes to you pat...:)
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    FUK DUDE!!!

i am so sorry!! let me know if i can do anything!!
    one love

respect
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    good vibes going out..........................i know what it is like to have a parent in the hospital all too well.

I hope your dad is on the mend fast
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

take care of yourself. music can heal.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope that he is back on his feet in no time! Positive thoughts headed your way.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i am sorry to hear that man, hopefully your dad will be out of the woods soon.

if the tunes make you feel better, keep them rolling!
  • Options
    Positive thoughts comin your way! Hopin your dad recovers ASAP and all is well!

PJ will play Alpine and your dad will be in better health!!! :)
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    sending good vibes your way Patrick! Goodluck and Godspeed to your Dad!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    Sorry to hear about this :( I went through something similar with my Dad last year. It was tough, but ended up ok. Hope the best for yours.

And good choice, No Code is the album that has gotten me through so many difficult times.

Again, best of luck.

Jeremy
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    best of luck to you and your family, good thoughts coming your way! music can definitely help, it's helped get me thru many a difficult moment.
  • Options
    damn, that is scary. my dad had a scare last year with a blood clot, luckily it turned out okay. good vibes to you and your family!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Very sorry to hear about your dad Patrick. My mom had a heart attack last August. Scariest fucking thing I've ever been through.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

I'm happy to say my mom has made a full recovery and is doing very well. They are treating the blockage with medicine and luckily, did not have to do any invasive surgery.

I hope you'll be able to pass that same message on to us about your dad in the near future.

Again, my thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Positive thoughts your way, man. I know how you feel. My dad has had two heart attacks, a stroke and quadruple bypass surgery.

It was rough to see him in the hospital like that but he was lucky to have survived and it forced a lifestyle change (lose weight, exercise, etc.). He is much better for it now.

Hope all is well.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    I can absolutely relate dude.

I was there at the hospital the day my mother had aortic valve replacement which included quadruple by-pass 5 years ago. I too had to watch her hooked up to the feeding tubes, etc. It is such a scary site and really puts things into perspective if you know what I mean.

I can tell you this though-your presence there with him (regardless of his state) makes all the difference in the world. Hang in there and take care of yourself brother. Music was kind to me during those times as well.

I will keep your entire family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Best wishes to you and your family.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Patrick, best of luck! I met your dad before we hit up the Pittsburg and Cincy shows, great guy, very friendly!
    Keep us posted, we are all hoping for the best!
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    good vibes are coming your way brother, been through this , its hard.

stay strong. thoughts are with you.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    my prayers go out to you and your family bro. try to stay strong.
  • Options
    I can't relate but I sincerely hope your dad gets well soon.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734

my thoughts are with you and your family patrick.

peace,
    Liam
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Sorry to hear Patrick, hopefully everything turns out ok for you and your family.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    i set some Tea leaves out for you and your father...

silly , i know..... but it doesn't hurt anything.

Best wishes:)
    the Minions
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    ((((HUGS)))) to you Pat and lots of ~*positive vibes*~ for your Da.

You'll be in my thoughts love. Take it easy. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    music can enrage, excite, soothe and comfort.

hope everything works out for you.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Hopefully everything is on the up and up. PM me if ya need to.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,400
    sorry to hear this patrick.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone for all the positive messages and support. :)

My dad seemed better last nite when my mom arrived at the hospital. I left them alone for a little bit and went down to the cafeteria.

So far things are ok but that could change once we know the results of his heart and stress test. They have to do part 2 of the stress test this morning. They will then determine if they need to keep him longer and possibility then surgery around the heart if he has major blockage.

I've got very little sleep last 2 days but was able to relax a bit more knowing that my mom is back. Right away when we arrived she got his nurse and asked all the questions us kids didn't. :) She's in the medical field also but also knows all of my father's past medical history better then we do. Which I would tell all of you to find out that stuff about your folks. Have it written down for times like this. Luckily my dad carries a card with all the meds he is taking. But we didn't know some answers to some questions we were asked when they were admitting him.

I was in a daze yesterday when I posted this about what was going on. As I said I had to get it out. The support from here and threw phone calls and texts has helped. I thank you all very much. If I've missed your call I will get back to you soon. I will keep in touch and let you know how things are going.

Patrick
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    That’s some good advice Patrick. I’m glad your mom was able to make it back to make everyone feel a little better.

Get some rest. We’re all sending good thoughts your way.
  • Options
    oh patrick!!! I just saw this now. I'm so sorry. I will send a big load of good vibes your way. Stay strong, youre dad needs that. You know where to find me if you nerd to talk.

(((((((patrick and family)))))))