Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Does anyone know about the baseball bat company in which Jack White and Ian Kinsler (Anaheim Angels) are involved?
    Only that they have recently been approved for MLB use.  My guess is they will catch on pretty quickly considering the name is "War Stick", and kids are not brand loyal, they will go with the hot name.  Kids jumped all over DeMarini when they entered the baseball market.  I always thought of them as softball, but I'm an old timer.  Just give me an Easton Black Magic.  
    They got a good plug last night during the Angels broadcast...the announcer mentioned the involvement of Jack White.  Ian Kinsler used to play for the Tigers, so I see the Detroit connection.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Does anyone know about the baseball bat company in which Jack White and Ian Kinsler (Anaheim Angels) are involved?
    Only that they have recently been approved for MLB use.  My guess is they will catch on pretty quickly considering the name is "War Stick", and kids are not brand loyal, they will go with the hot name.  Kids jumped all over DeMarini when they entered the baseball market.  I always thought of them as softball, but I'm an old timer.  Just give me an Easton Black Magic.  
    They got a good plug last night during the Angels broadcast...the announcer mentioned the involvement of Jack White.  Ian Kinsler used to play for the Tigers, so I see the Detroit connection.
    Definitely makes sense.  I haven't seen anyone using one yet.  They need to be sold at Dicks or something like that in order to really hit it.  The bat market is competitive.  Will be interesting where they price themselves for LL.  The last Louisville Slugger I bought for my son was about $200.  Crazy.  And I think it was a year past the model.  
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Definitely makes sense.  I haven't seen anyone using one yet.  They need to be sold at Dicks or something like that in order to really hit it.  The bat market is competitive.  Will be interesting where they price themselves for LL.  The last Louisville Slugger I bought for my son was about $200.  Crazy.  And I think it was a year past the model.  
    They have a few pros besides Kinsler using the bats. Justin Upton, his teammate in Detroit and now Anaheim, uses Warstic. Nick Castellanos, another Tiger, does as well.  Looks like they're starting to branch out beyond Detroit as Matt Kemp of the Dodgers has started swinging Warstic.
    Got an email yesterday from TMR that I was one of ten people selected for early entry to the MN show. I'm even more excited now!
    Congrats! Looks like they've notified through the end of August so I didn't luck out.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    My Vault Package 36 arrived today.
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    They have a few pros besides Kinsler using the bats. Justin Upton, his teammate in Detroit and now Anaheim, uses Warstic. Nick Castellanos, another Tiger, does as well.  Looks like they're starting to branch out beyond Detroit as Matt Kemp of the Dodgers has started swinging Warstic.
    That's good.  I hope the investment works out.  Jack definitely has some non-traditional investments!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    mrussel1 said:
    I have never heard one Beatles song, ever.  
    :lol: We finally have confirmation of who the real freak here is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    bflynn1 said:
    Mine is supposedly shipped.  How is it?  I may end up selling it.  I don't love that album.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    bflynn1 said:
    got  mine today as well, haven't listened yet though
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mrussel1 said:
    I have never heard one Beatles song, ever.  
    whaaaaaaaat?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    mrussel1 said:
    bflynn1 said:
    Mine is supposedly shipped.  How is it?  I may end up selling it.  I don't love that album.

I haven't opened it yet. I'm going to check it out this weekend while it's raining here.
    There’s no home for you here on elephant could be one of their best. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    You've Got Her In Your Pocket is my favorite from that album.  He's been singing it alone on this tour.  His voice sounds perfect, like he's 19 years old.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You've Got Her In Your Pocket is my favorite from that album.  He's been singing it alone on this tour.  His voice sounds perfect, like he's 19 years old.  
    That is also an amazing song. 
    So I have white blood cells and elephant  on vinyl, what should I get next?
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Consolers of the Lonely by the Raconteurs.  It's a tremendous album both musically and sonically.  It's pressed all analogue and sounds spectacular.  Either that or Icky Thump, which is my personal favorite WS album.  
    I have icky thump on cd and I love it. I ll try the raconteurs
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Consolers of the Lonely by the Raconteurs.  It's a tremendous album both musically and sonically.  It's pressed all analogue and sounds spectacular.  Either that or Icky Thump, which is my personal favorite WS album.  
    Agree totally.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agree totally.
    As do I. However, I remember Broken Boy Soldiers being average at best in terms of sound quality. Not sure if I'm alone on this one.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agree totally.
    As do I. However, I remember Broken Boy Soldiers being average at best in terms of sound quality. Not sure if I'm alone on this one.
    For me, Consolers is a superior album to BBS in every way, including sonics.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agree totally.
    Agreed
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agree totally.
    mfc2006 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agree totally.
    Agreed
    What they said.
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    How did the Capt. Beefheart vault come out? Colored vinyl looked sick. How's the rest of the package? I skipped out on it and kind of wish i would of got it now...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    How did the Capt. Beefheart vault come out? Colored vinyl looked sick. How's the rest of the package? I skipped out on it and kind of wish i would of got it now...

It was excellent. very good remastering on the record. the tote bag was cool. I haven't worn the trout mask yet.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Any idea on when to expect an announcement for Vault 37?
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited June 2018
    I will be surprised if it's not on the next newsletter.
    EDIT: I'm an idiot. Once again, I thought you were talking about the PJ Vault, lol. I guess I just ignored the 37 part..... I'm sleepy. :tongue:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Typically around the 1st of the next membership sign-up month which will be July, so I’d say this Sunday or Monday.
    Received mine today and have had it promised to someone for a while but if they don't follow through and you're interested, I'll sell it for cost ($60) plus media mail shipping to you. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Did anyone else receive a charge for a Vault subscription yesterday? They usually don’t charge before a title/package announcement is made.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    dankind said:
    Did anyone else receive a charge for a Vault subscription yesterday? They usually don’t charge before a title/package announcement is made.
    They charge on whatever your sign up date is, regardless of if the vault has been announced or not. So if yours is on the 1st of whatever month you signed up, then that is the date you will be charged for the next vault.  But if you signed up on a different day of the month, then you need to contact TMR.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    dankind said:
    They charge on whatever your sign up date is, regardless of if the vault has been announced or not. So if yours is on the 1st of whatever month you signed up, then that is the date you will be charged for the next vault.  But if you signed up on a different day of the month, then you need to contact TMR.
    It's important to have a renewal date after the announcement so you have plenty of time to cancel if you don't want the next Margo Price box.