Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

1123124125126127129»

Comments

  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 203
    Thanks for the info.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 40,566
    edited June 4
    derbydave said:
    Stoked for the show in Columbus tonight.
    There were 20 people in line when I went to work...
    maybe 50 to 100 at 3:30.
    Gates open at 6pm.
    Hoping for a SWEET poster too!!

    I arrived 20 minutes before the gates opened and there were only 100 people ahead of me.

    These people are nuts...

    Enjoy the show Dave!!!
    The JW superduperfans are some of the nuttiest in the league IMO, not too far behind the Phish and PJ teams, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 12,483
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:
    Stoked for the show in Columbus tonight.
    There were 20 people in line when I went to work...
    maybe 50 to 100 at 3:30.
    Gates open at 6pm.
    Hoping for a SWEET poster too!!

    I arrived 20 minutes before the gates opened and there were only 100 people ahead of me.

    These people are nuts...

    Enjoy the show Dave!!!
    The JW superduperfans are some of the nuttiest in the league IMO, not too far behind the Phish and PJ teams, lol.
    I can't stand Phish so I guess I'm 2/3 nuttso...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 40,566
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:
    Stoked for the show in Columbus tonight.
    There were 20 people in line when I went to work...
    maybe 50 to 100 at 3:30.
    Gates open at 6pm.
    Hoping for a SWEET poster too!!

    I arrived 20 minutes before the gates opened and there were only 100 people ahead of me.

    These people are nuts...

    Enjoy the show Dave!!!
    The JW superduperfans are some of the nuttiest in the league IMO, not too far behind the Phish and PJ teams, lol.
    I can't stand Phish so I guess I'm 2/3 nuttso...
    You're not a superduperfan though. If you were, you'd be in line right now, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 10,490
    Great show & I have to say...
    I really liked the atmosphere without cell phones waving in the air all night.
    The YONDR packs didn't add much time to the entry process & they had several areas you could have your phone unlocked if you just had to use it.
    Very interesting setlist tonight...
    loved hearing all the new songs live,
    AND...
    We did get a NICE poster by Todd Slater!!



    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 9,256
    derbydave said:
    Great show & I have to say...
    I really liked the atmosphere without cell phones waving in the air all night.
    The YONDR packs didn't add much time to the entry process & they had several areas you could have your phone unlocked if you just had to use it.
    Very interesting setlist tonight...
    loved hearing all the new songs live,
    AND...
    We did get a NICE poster by Todd Slater!!



    Great show. That merch line though....had to skip it. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 8,879
    You guys got a cool set.  I saw him twice last week in DC and he other than the new songs, he only repeated Yorba and Seven Nation, which is predicatable.  I was very pleased with that.  
    How awesome was your "You've Got Her in Your Pocket"?  He killed it for us.  Sounded like he was 21 years old.  His voice was perfect and filled with pain and inflection.  It was the highlight of the two nights for me.  
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 9,256
    mrussel1 said:
    You guys got a cool set.  I saw him twice last week in DC and he other than the new songs, he only repeated Yorba and Seven Nation, which is predicatable.  I was very pleased with that.  
    How awesome was your "You've Got Her in Your Pocket"?  He killed it for us.  Sounded like he was 21 years old.  His voice was perfect and filled with pain and inflection.  It was the highlight of the two nights for me.  
    It was pretty great.  He had issues with the guitar and microphone giving feedback, etc and was getting pissed. He finally walked to the back by his drum set and finished the song on the mic back there.  It kinda messed the song up a little cause he was visibly pissed off and the sound sucked for parts.  But he kept at it and nailed the end.  He was on fire most of the set, really great show.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 10,490
    A poster freak buddy sent me this post from Todd Slater explaining his thoughts about the images in Jack's silhouette in the poster from last night:






    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,758
    ∆∆∆. Cool

    I just bought last minute tix to tonight's show!
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 53
    Red Lukin said:
    ∆∆∆. Cool

    I just bought last minute tix to tonight's show!
    Have a great time. Saw him Thursday in Rochester and it was a very well done show. JW and the band were playing like they'd been touring together all year but he had the freshness and energy like it was the first show of the tour.
    I am wired and fading...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 12,483
    derbydave said:
    A poster freak buddy sent me this post from Todd Slater explaining his thoughts about the images in Jack's silhouette in the poster from last night:






    I've been in mine shafts and this is pretty cool w the play on words!
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 10,490
    derbydave said: mop
    A poster freak buddy sent me this post from Todd Slater explaining his thoughts about the images in Jack's silhouette in the poster from last night:






    I've been in mine shafts and this is pretty cool w the play on words!
    It's kind of hard to make out the detail in the pictures...
    but looks super cool up close!!!

    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance Posts: 16,820
    derbydave said:
    A poster freak buddy sent me this post from Todd Slater explaining his thoughts about the images in Jack's silhouette in the poster from last night:






    Did one of those Kindy
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,758
    Great show last night and great setlist!  New songs like corporation and mind shaft were amazing!
  • tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,309
    Did anyone get an extra Toronto poster? Had no idea how limited they were.. incredible show!!!
    EV~Toronto Night 2,08
    Toronto 09
    MSG, NYC Night 2,10
    Toronto Night 2,11
    Music Midtown, Atlanta,12
    Bud Gardens, London July,13
    Wrigley Field, Chicago July,13
    Buffalo 13
    Charlottesville 13
    Charlotte 13
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson YinzPosts: 1,081
    edited June 11
    When I saw him at the X-Fest this year (Pittsburgh) he didn’t have a show specific poster. Cool tour poster though.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 14,402
    um uh I have a confession to make right now....listening to elephant for the first time...wow!  what a freaking fantastic album!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 3,502
    mcgruff10 said:
    um uh I have a confession to make right now....listening to elephant for the first time...wow!  what a freaking fantastic album!!!
    Dear Mike,
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Your Ears
    :lol:
    Ball and Biscuit may be my favo TWS tune. Ohsogood :rock_on:
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 14,402
    jjflash said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    um uh I have a confession to make right now....listening to elephant for the first time...wow!  what a freaking fantastic album!!!
    Dear Mike,
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Your Ears
    :lol:
    Ball and Biscuit may be my favo TWS tune. Ohsogood :rock_on:
    Yeah that song is great!  Listened to get behind me Satan the other day and was really impressed by it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 8,879
    mcgruff10 said:
    jjflash said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    um uh I have a confession to make right now....listening to elephant for the first time...wow!  what a freaking fantastic album!!!
    Dear Mike,
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Your Ears
    :lol:
    Ball and Biscuit may be my favo TWS tune. Ohsogood :rock_on:
    Yeah that song is great!  Listened to get behind me Satan the other day and was really impressed by it. 
    All good but Icky is my favorite,  especially record 2.
Sign In or Register to comment.