Options

What is going on w/ the band/10C?

2»

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Yeah, but seriously...what parent would want to have their memories of the child's first months to be on tour buses and in dressing rooms. Not I.
    Dressing room? Ed doesn't change clothes. lol
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Yeah, but seriously...what parent would want to have their memories of the child's first months to be on tour buses and in dressing rooms. Not I.
    yep.. :o:o:o
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    Cob wrote:
    Okay, I have been busy lately so I am kind of clueless here, but have they announced shows in Philly and I just don't know about it, I have heard the rumors for a while now. I'm not being a smart ass, I really am clueless at this point, the OP kind of has a point but most times on this forum you can't even point out obvious things about 10 C, or Pearl Jam without just getting dumped on with the "stop your whining" "stop your bitching" basically just drink the kool aid.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Pearl Jam and they are one of my favorite bands of all time, sometimes it gets very frustrating. I am 40 years old and have been going to concerts (about 550-600 in my life) since 1981, just announce the tour dates already or at least say these are the areas we plan on playing around these dates but are still trying to work out the logistics. I saw Grateful Dead about 170 times and they would announce Spring, summer and fall tour every year and say these are the dates and these are the dates you can start sending mail order for tickets, not rocket science! I just saw Phish 3 shows in the midwest in June, they announced the dates and said you can send your request in until this date, again not rocket science by any means.

But sometimes with Pearl Jam it's like they are holding some type of government FBI or CIA secret that can't be leaked. Sorry guys it's 2009, trying to keep anything a secret in this day and age is almost impossible, they are already playing in Austin for ACL so I am going to that. But if they are planning on playing somewhere else (West Coast) I sure would like to know so I can call my friends and make arrangements to stay with them, but until then I will just have to wait for the top secret disc or envelope to arrive somewhere before the top secret dates will be released. And all the "stop your whining" "stop your bitching" post that are coming save it, don't waste your time, these are just my opinions, if you don't agree with them, so be it.

yes, my thoughts exactly. It's like what's the big deal? Not like it's 1994-95 where a few or one band(s) could be on everyone's mind & the coverage is throughout the world. 21st century has taught me so far that bands aren't as famous or household names as they used to be. It's all who or what genre or artist who like, which could be anyone today, there's so many of them. But go back 15 years, we had only radio, MTV/VH1 & newspapers informing us. I think the whole deal w/ Target is a $$ grabber, they know it. "Oh no, we won't ever make as much dough from the 90s, going platinum is impossible now" Well better sell yourself in more ways you thought possible....
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Cob wrote:
    But sometimes with Pearl Jam it's like they are holding some type of government FBI or CIA secret that can't be leaked. Sorry guys it's 2009, trying to keep anything a secret in this day and age is almost impossible, they are already playing in Austin for ACL so I am going to that. But if they are planning on playing somewhere else (West Coast) I sure would like to know so I can call my friends and make arrangements to stay with them, but until then I will just have to wait for the top secret disc or envelope to arrive somewhere before the top secret dates will be released. And all the "stop your whining" "stop your bitching" post that are coming save it, don't waste your time, these are just my opinions, if you don't agree with them, so be it.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97948#p2272489
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144

Got to give you a +1 on this one. made me laugh.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Ok wrote:

Got to give you a +1 on this one. made me laugh.
    +2 :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah, I wish the ten club would get off their asses and start earning that 20 bucks I gave them in December.

I mean, I would much rather they release tour dates before they know for sure if the band is going to play there. That way I could plan my vacations all over the world, and if the show falls through, no biggie I'll just vaacaa my ass off.

Come'on Ten Club!!! I want your nipple to satisfy my pearl jam hunger!!! (cue crying baby sound file)

chill.
  • Options
    Personally, I think the new policy is intended to drive up interest and demand. For example, I am going to see them in Chicago because I thought, at the time, it would be my only chance to see them this year. Had I known at the time that they were going to be playing Philly (for certain) in the fall, I would not have chosen to go to Chicago. Ever since the '06 tour when people, including myself, were waiting for them to announce more dates that never came, I snatch up whatever tickets I can, whenever I can. I am not upset, it is just good business on behalf of the band; compared to some other things in life, PJ is not something I worry about, it is something I simply enjoy. Can't wait for Philly!!!
    "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    has anyone ever thought that the baby info is false?

the quote has been posted here so many times, everyone thinks its law. "someone is having a baby so we're not touring"... lmao! ok?

speaking as a parent, the only times I have wished for hired help are the 'just after infancy' times. I'd be pissed if daddy wasn't there for the birth but the time DOES come that it's OK for him to leave. Often preferred.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Personally, I think the new policy is intended to drive up interest and demand.

Bingo!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    blah blah blah blah blah blah

cant wait to hear what people have to say when the servers crash or they get shutout of the lottery while their next door neighbor got great tix to all the shows they wanted. :lol::lol::lol: :roll:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    PJ is not something I worry about, it is something I simply enjoy. Can't wait for Philly!!!
    +1
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Personally, I think the new policy is intended to drive up interest and demand. For example, I am going to see them in Chicago because I thought, at the time, it would be my only chance to see them this year. Had I known at the time that they were going to be playing Philly (for certain) in the fall, I would not have chosen to go to Chicago. Ever since the '06 tour when people, including myself, were waiting for them to announce more dates that never came, I snatch up whatever tickets I can, whenever I can. I am not upset, it is just good business on behalf of the band; compared to some other things in life, PJ is not something I worry about, it is something I simply enjoy. Can't wait for Philly!!!

Well if you can't use your Chicago tickets I'd be willing to buy Philly tickets for you to trade me for Chicago night 1 :D
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"