Options

Seattle date?

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Do you guys think there will definitely be a seattle date in the announcement?
It said the sun in the west is setting, maybe that means they are gonna play a couple shows in the west before heading east?
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i really wish this part was a little clearer....all we can do is wait until the 7th ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Could also means the tour is ending(setting) in the West also.

But hey, at least Philly is getting another show :roll:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

damn good point....didn't think of it that way

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Sun setting in the west robably means the end of ed solo tour. Only thing the tweet really said is be ready for philly and australia/oz dates.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options

nothing like showing some hometown love :roll: . Its been what 9 years since they played a show where people had a real chance to see them. I don't count the gorge as seattle.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

nothing like showing some hometown love :roll: . Its been what 9 years since they played a show where people had a real chance to see them. I don't count the gorge as seattle.
    your right it aint seattle its hard to get down there, i just hope they play anywhere in washington tho even the gorge would be great and make me very happy!

If we get no shows and NY gets one i might kill myself, ahah jk, im very jealous of them and their shows.
    Im actually gonna be in NY next month tho hahahahah.
    Shows:
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    metsfan wrote:

6 1/2 years. They played 2 shows at key arena in december 2002.
    They also played 2 shows at the showbox right before that.
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

hahha thats a long time were hungry for shows! :)
    Shows:
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

yes I know all that. But I meant a real show where people had the chance to see them. Not one off shows where tix were hard to get.

• Options
    Key Arena shows were real. :idea: Those tickets weren't that hard to get from what I hear. Showbox on the other hand . . very difficult.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Key Arena shows were real. :idea: Those tickets weren't that hard to get from what I hear. Showbox on the other hand . . very difficult.
    showbox couldn't have been hard as easy street or the ed solo show last year

The point I was trying to make was that they haven't played the city of seattle during a tour. Sorry bit buzzed, fucking mets.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    After reading the tweet several times, as much as I hope for a Seattle announcement I just don't see it there. Sure hope I'm wrong though. We're long over due for one imo so hope I'm wrong or another tweet comes soon! Great news though, any tweet is a good tweet. :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

The point I was trying to make was that they haven't played the city of seattle during a tour. Sorry bit buzzed, fucking mets.

Showbox tickets were like Vic tickets. The demand for a small Pearl Jam show is a million times greater than a demand for an Ed solo show. BTW, your mets are stinkin' lately. ;):lol:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

werent the 2002 shows benefits? I think the poster is right. They havent played Seattle proper since the November 2000 shows. I am talking non benefit, non "secret", shows.
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    metsfan wrote:

Showbox tickets were like Vic tickets. The demand for a small Pearl Jam show is a million times greater than a demand for an Ed solo show. BTW, your mets are stinkin' lately. ;):lol:

I dont consider the showbox as playing seattle proper.
  • Options
    That's about as Seattle proper as it gets. That's like saying the Crystal Ballroom is not Portland proper. ;)

It may have been a benefit show, but a 2 large arena shows none the less.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    the two key arena shows in dec of 02 were "warm-up" shows for the forth coming riot act aussie tour. their mood was light and treated as true warmups. tickets were not hard to get. so they did play the key in 02, but part of a proper tour? no. so Nov 6th 2000 was the last proper seattle gig in a tour. and what a night that was. so it has been 6-9 YEARS since they played in seattle period! either way, its way , way, way too loooooong.

ALL IMO

on topic, god i hope there are seattle dates and a vancouver one sometime soon, but i dont see it in this particular tweet. here's hoping tho
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Wazzu206Wazzu206 Posts: 14
    They also played the showbox Sept '04 as part of the Vote for Change Tour. I was there and it was awesome.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    2 shows at the Key!!! Sound's good to me!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I hope you guys get some shows in Seattle!!! You are more than deserving!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    FuhrawzFuhrawz Posts: 82
    2 shows at the Key!!! Sound's good to me!!

Precisely.
  • Options
    i think its this tweet for sure, just gotta wait and see i guess.
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Do you guys think there will definitely be a seattle date in the announcement?
    It said the sun in the west is setting, maybe that means they are gonna play a couple shows in the west before heading east?

Horses = Montana

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    PJ_Kidd, Seattle's gotta be in the cards for the near future - with the "Current Information" thread stating straight-up that they've got a west coast tour in the works, I hope they play there for your sake. Seems to me they're long overdue for a homecoming show!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Wake up, it is not going to happen. You know as well as I do that Eddie doesn't like to play in Seattle and we've been ditched for more Philly, Chicago, Boston and NY shows. :?
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Wake up, it is not going to happen. You know as well as I do that Eddie doesn't like to play in Seattle and we've been ditched for more Philly, Chicago, Boston and NY shows. :?

but in the "current information" thread they mentioned playing shows in the west!
    how can they not play us on the tour for the new album
    Shows:
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

but in the "current information" thread they mentioned playing shows in the west!
    how can they not play us on the tour for the new album
    How could Ed do several legs of a solo tour and never have a real Seattle show? I don't know, kidd. But at the current going rate, I wouldn't hold your breath. If it happens it happens. But I don't see it on this tweet. And I (now) wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen at all. We are not the only ones in "the west" and I could see PJ playing all their "west coast" dates in California.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    How could Ed do several legs of a solo tour and never have a real Seattle show? I don't know, kidd. But at the current going rate, I wouldn't hold your breath. If it happens it happens. But I don't see it on this tweet. And I (now) wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen at all. We are not the only ones in "the west" and I could see PJ playing all their "west coast" dates in California.
    :cry: good point
    Shows:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    edited July 2009
    i suppose seattle owns the 2011..they must play all year in seattle for the 20th anniversary,,,,ill be there from Greece too.. ;)
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    That's about as Seattle proper as it gets. That's like saying the Crystal Ballroom is not Portland proper. ;)

It may have been a benefit show, but a 2 large arena shows none the less.

I got room in my backyard if they need a place to play!!!

Come on up! You no longer need to be South of Seattle!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!