Red Hot Chili Peppers

2456715

Comments

  • I'll toss out a few of my faves: fight like a brave... naked in the rain.

    Love the band. Great music. They're 'okay' live.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 26,735
    Any updates on their new album? Still coming out in 2015?
    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
  • samjamsamjam New YorkPosts: 9,203
    LukinFan said:

    Any updates on their new album? Still coming out in 2015?

    I think Anthony recently talked to Rolling Stone about the status of the new album. Didn't get a chance to read it, but something to Google.

    I know they're very mixed live, but RHCP are probably #1 on my concerts I must see list. I love their stuff so much, and my love has grown over the years getting more and more into them. Stadium Arcadium was an essential album for me in middle school/high school, and that band was one of the first bands I really loved when I started getting serious about music being 'my thing' haha :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
  • I've seen them a number of times (once with Navarro) and they were consistently awesome each time.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 26,735
    I see they have started scheduling European dates for next summer, so hopefully we will hear something soon
    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 26,735
    Anyone hear anything about their new album?
    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 9,178
    I read a day or 2 ago that they were in the process of mixing it with Nigel Goodrich.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Boston, MassPosts: 9,491

    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16


  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 7,042
    New one - with album in June - like the bass and starts out promising enough........
    Cork-Eddie-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    NO SAMPLES, KEYBOARDS OR SYNTHESIZERS USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS RECORDING....
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,080
    $50 for the record. WTF
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,464
    I'm really enjoying this new one, classic summer grooves :)
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,064
    scurtis said:

    $50 for the record. WTF

    I'm confused. Is this vinyl ONLY available on their site for this price? It is not on Amazon as far as I can see. I didn't know if just the limited version of 5,000 is on their site, and then there will be a mass press? Or is this 5k it?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 26,735
    Any tour news?
    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
  • For me, when it comes to RHCP, right or wrong, I can sum it up this way(for the most part, anyway) "If John Frusciante is not in the band, then its not RHCP."
    Love a lot of Stadium Arcadia try "Hey" for an example of a great, maybe lesser known song they created.
    By the Way is a great record.
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 1,195
    Buy Californication
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson YinzPosts: 1,049
    Blood Sugar Sex Magic and Stadium Arcadium.... Can't go wrong with either of those.
  • inmyNCinmyNC amongst manyPosts: 243
    "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" a great album.. Other albums had a gem or two.. John Frusciante's guitar work was amazing.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 862
    Anyone else going to Lolla? I havent seen them in over ten years and I am pumped
    2014: Moline
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,787

    For me, when it comes to RHCP, right or wrong, I can sum it up this way(for the most part, anyway) "If John Frusciante is not in the band, then its not RHCP."
    Love a lot of Stadium Arcadia try "Hey" for an example of a great, maybe lesser known song they created.
    By the Way is a great record.

    Exactly!

  • For me, when it comes to RHCP, right or wrong, I can sum it up this way(for the most part, anyway) "If John Frusciante is not in the band, then its not RHCP."
    Love a lot of Stadium Arcadia try "Hey" for an example of a great, maybe lesser known song they created.
    By the Way is a great record.

    Exactly!

    Some would say that it wasn't RHCP with John IN the band....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 3,578
    I'm a huge John Frusciante fan, and I do prefer the albums they made with him, but I get tired of people saying that it's not RHCP without him. They've been a band longer without him than with him and the new record will mean they've released more studio albums without him. Flea and Anthony are RHCP - just my 2c.

    RHCP are a band that I often forget how much I like, if that makes sense. They disappear for a while, then come back with a cool new single that makes me go back and rediscover them all over again.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • DesirePJDesirePJ Denmark Posts: 94
    I love Blood Sugar Sex Magic the best album

    Roskilde 1992
    Roskilde 2000
  • DesirePJDesirePJ Denmark Posts: 94
    TGarden said:

    I need this, to bad the shipping cost to Sweden is ridiculous.

    You can get it here http://www.emp-shop.dk/art_329959/

    from denmark , if it's the same one
    Roskilde 1992
    Roskilde 2000
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 26,735
    goldrush said:

    I'm a huge John Frusciante fan, and I do prefer the albums they made with him, but I get tired of people saying that it's not RHCP without him. They've been a band longer without him than with him and the new record will mean they've released more studio albums without him. Flea and Anthony are RHCP - just my 2c.

    RHCP are a band that I often forget how much I like, if that makes sense. They disappear for a while, then come back with a cool new single that makes me go back and rediscover them all over again.

    I agree, but I think you have to throw Chad Smith in there too. I know he hasn't been there since the beginning, but he's RHCP too.
    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 9,178
    edited May 2016
    LukinFan said:

    goldrush said:

    I'm a huge John Frusciante fan, and I do prefer the albums they made with him, but I get tired of people saying that it's not RHCP without him. They've been a band longer without him than with him and the new record will mean they've released more studio albums without him. Flea and Anthony are RHCP - just my 2c.

    RHCP are a band that I often forget how much I like, if that makes sense. They disappear for a while, then come back with a cool new single that makes me go back and rediscover them all over again.

    I agree, but I think you have to throw Chad Smith in there too. I know he hasn't been there since the beginning, but he's RHCP too.
    I don't necessarily agree that it's not RHCP without Froosh, but he's the strongest creative force they've had at any point and time, during his second run. I like Klinghoffer as a live drop-in replacement, though.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 26,735
    I wish they would release some dates
    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest


  • Holy Sh@t! LOL
  • DewieCox said:

    LukinFan said:

    goldrush said:

    I'm a huge John Frusciante fan, and I do prefer the albums they made with him, but I get tired of people saying that it's not RHCP without him. They've been a band longer without him than with him and the new record will mean they've released more studio albums without him. Flea and Anthony are RHCP - just my 2c.

    RHCP are a band that I often forget how much I like, if that makes sense. They disappear for a while, then come back with a cool new single that makes me go back and rediscover them all over again.

    I agree, but I think you have to throw Chad Smith in there too. I know he hasn't been there since the beginning, but he's RHCP too.
    I don't necessarily agree that it's not RHCP without Froosh, but he's the strongest creative force they've had at any point and time, during his second run. I like Klinghoffer as a live drop-in replacement, though.
    Klinghoffer actually annoys me a little. His weird gyrating demeanour on stage is too much. I thought he was heavily tripping the last time I saw these guys in Vancouver.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge USAPosts: 4,727
    I really like the Dark Necessities single released from The Getaway.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 10,303
    The Uplift MOFO Party Plan
    BSSM
    One Hot Minute
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009
Sign In or Register to comment.