Options

Official Retire the JAMILY Term Thread

Comments

• Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    douchechills...now in 2 flavors...vinegar & summer rain...only at Dairy Queen!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

Never used the Jami....term, still havn't.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    That term is disturbing. I think of the Manson "Family" every time someone thinks it's "cool" to use this term.

Not to mention I'm not a fan of Her:

http://www.jamily.com.br/

and I'm not a member of this organization:

http://www.yesjams.org/

This term has never caught on, and never will. There is a very, very tiny group who use it. And only on this board.

Stop the madness. ;)
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    PJFam
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    I put the term in the same group as a certain 3 letter abbreviation that starts with an L, ends with an L and has an O in the middle.
    I would never type any of them and they make me feel embarrassed for whoever uses them.
    No offense.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Deebs41 wrote:
    I put the term in the same group as a certain 3 letter abbreviation that starts with an L, ends with an L and has an O in the middle.
    I would never type any of them and they make me feel embarrassed for whoever uses them.
    No offense.
    I'm fine with "lol", so long as it doesn't get overused. I hate "epic fail" and " lmfao" though.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    benjs wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:
    No offense.
    I'm fine with "lol", so long as it doesn't get overused. I hate "epic fail" and " lmfao" though.

I just learned "epic fail" a couple weeks ago. I spilled something and my younger brother said it. I had no clue what he was talking about. Apparently I failed at pouring my juice. But it wasn't just a regular spill...
    ...it was epic.
    :|
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    we are stil and alive and happy JAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    could care less what i'm called or what people call me or what people think i am

jamily is OK with me

but you can also call me an asshat if u want and i still wudnt care cause i just don't think yoor that kewl anyways
  • Options
    I am not a fan of the term Jamily. Seems like something noobs and the media latch onto. You have my vote to retire it!
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    emptyglass wrote:
    could care less what i'm called or what people call me or what people think i am

jamily is OK with me

but you can also call me an asshat if u want and i still wudnt care cause i just don't think yoor that kewl anyways
    Hm. Asshat? Sometimes I feel like people just look around the room for an object to stick at the end of "ass" :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    benjs wrote:
    emptyglass wrote:

jamily is OK with me

Hm. Asshat? Sometimes I feel like people just look around the room for an object to stick at the end of "ass" :lol:

i furst herd asshat a couple of years ago...southern united staters used it

made me lol
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    benjs wrote:
    Who's with me? I went to a Phish show, and my friend, who's a big time Phish fan, started talking to some random dude, and mentioned something about "friends with a P H!" I was embarrassed for his sake, just as I am for anyone who uses this tragically embarrassing term. So let's put an end to it.. and replace it with something better, or at least less bad! Me, I'm fine with "Jammers", or "VedHeads", though that one's specific to Eddie. Any other ideas?
    What is P H??? :?
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    Deebs41 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:
    No offense.

I just learned "epic fail" a couple weeks ago. I spilled something and my younger brother said it. I had no clue what he was talking about. Apparently I failed at pouring my juice. But it wasn't just a regular spill...
    ...it was epic.
    :|

Post of the day! I loled
  • Options
    halszka123 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Who's with me? I went to a Phish show, and my friend, who's a big time Phish fan, started talking to some random dude, and mentioned something about "friends with a P H!" I was embarrassed for his sake, just as I am for anyone who uses this tragically embarrassing term. So let's put an end to it.. and replace it with something better, or at least less bad! Me, I'm fine with "Jammers", or "VedHeads", though that one's specific to Eddie. Any other ideas?
    What is P H??? :?
    Well, Phish starts with PH, so a lot of these Phish fans will talk about "phans", or "phriends", and other such things like that. I thought my friend just sounded like the biggest dumbass when he said that.

EV
  • Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,802
    Jamily is a terrible word.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I have hated the term jamily, but I do understand the guy who started it was describing us to his kid and that makes sense but that is where it should've stayed.
    I call myself a 10clubber, because I couldn't think of any other way to describe what I do, but that is pretty much it. I follow PJ around the world and stay in constant contact with 10club. Plus you have to really like the band to know what I'm talking about and i enjoy that.

To answer the previous question, I believe the original poster was referring to the fact that phish phans use ph for their f's, phish phriends.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    JAMILY
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    lukinvedderlukinvedder Posts: 203
    i love the jamily(though i never actually use it~!), jamhead is cool too, i do like vedhead(but yeah only applies to eddie), pearl jam fan(nice and normal), jammer(this ones a little corny but i use it sometimes)

but hey-im up for new ones!
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• Options
    lukinvedderlukinvedder Posts: 203
    Deebs41 wrote:
    No offense.

GOD I HATE.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just thought id add that
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I'm glad someone besides me think that is a pretty cheesy term :lol:
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I wonder if anybody will punch me in Toronto for starting a "We are Jamily!" singalong
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I wonder if anybody will punch me in Toronto for starting a "We are Jamily!" singalong

With a bit of luck... :lol:
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 575
    No issues with Jamily, not particularly what I would choose but I don't mind. However I was wondering who came up with Jamily and is there a special shrine we can visit? How did Jamily start? Did people vote on it and it is stuck with us the rest of our lives? Why a negative response to something new, is Jamily etched in stone? I said Stone. I sure do like pearl jam. :D

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JAMILY

HELL YEAH
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JAMILY

HELL YEAH

:D8-):D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    jamily, jamhead, pearljampunk etc.. it's all good! 8-)

demetrios
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812

*love* that thread!!!

Jamily doesn't bother me, though it does makes me giggle a lot.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Foxy Mop wrote:

*love* that thread!!!

Jamily doesn't bother me, though it does makes me giggle a lot.

liar ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    UpSideDown wrote:

With a bit of luck... :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    IAmMyself wrote:
    I have hated the term jamily, but I do understand the guy who started it was describing us to his kid and that makes sense but that is where it should've stayed.
    I call myself a 10clubber, because I couldn't think of any other way to describe what I do, but that is pretty much it. I follow PJ around the world and stay in constant contact with 10club. Plus you have to really like the band to know what I'm talking about and i enjoy that.

To answer the previous question, I believe the original poster was referring to the fact that phish phans use ph for their f's, phish phriends.
    so,u are in jamily too..