Options

Official Retire the JAMILY Term Thread

benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Who's with me? I went to a Phish show, and my friend, who's a big time Phish fan, started talking to some random dude, and mentioned something about "friends with a P H!" I was embarrassed for his sake, just as I am for anyone who uses this tragically embarrassing term. So let's put an end to it.. and replace it with something better, or at least less bad! Me, I'm fine with "Jammers", or "VedHeads", though that one's specific to Eddie. Any other ideas?
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    We can be known as "elderly women."
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    I never used and thought it was annoying about 5 minutes after the first message board hit the internet.
    tacos
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    yup. i'm with you on this one. jamily annoys me.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    i like it......and for us we are a Jamily...all 4 of us...34, 32, 5, and 2 years old.

therefore it should stay. Your over ruled ...end of thread....now post something people might actally get behind because this isnt it.

This thread = useless.

We are Jamily...get over it....nothing you can do. Consider yourself out of the Jamily.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Jamily makes me cringe every single time I read it... it's so cheesey.

I think we should all be called Backspacers. :lol:
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    i like it......and for us we are a Jamily...all 4 of us...34, 32, 5, and 2 years old.

therefore it should stay. Your over ruled ...end of thread....now post something people might actally get behind because this isnt it.

This thread = useless.

We are Jamily...get over it....nothing you can do. Consider yourself out of the Jamily.
    I sincerely hope I was never referred to as part of the "Jamily". As Stephen Flow just mentioned, it's SO damn cheesy. I'm all for being part of a community, and for naming said community, but Jamily is not that name.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Jamily makes me cringe every single time I read it... it's so cheesey.

true, but if anyone ever called me a VedHead like the OP suggests .... well ... :roll:

Not really sure why there's a need for a nickname. "Pearl Jam fan" suits me fine.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    wow VedHeads, i've never heard that one.

Anyway the Jamily term will live on forever as long as people making threads to ban the use of the term jamily :mrgreen:
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    LOL....you guys take this way to seriously....call me whatever...just not late for dinner.

People find the sillest things to complain about....things they cant come close to changing...lol
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    LOL....you guys take this way to seriously....call me whatever...just not late for dinner.

People find the sillest things to complain about....things they cant come close to changing...lol
    This is a discussion board, well, we're discussing. Better this than a thread ranting about how the album's too short, too far away, a bad album (though we've only heard a few cuts), etc.
    Not to mention, you're just fuel for the fire by posting at all ;)

EV
  • Options
    Sometimes I love my Jamily more than my actually family!
  • Options
    JAMILY!!...hated it the second i first heard it!!!!

how about "Pearl Fam"...... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Love the Jamily term! :P

But I notice it's only used on the board though.... not actually used outside, at least from my experience. ;)

I love my Jamily!

*kisses and hugs*

;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Love the Jamily term! :P

But I notice it's only used on the board though.... not actually used outside, at least from my experience. ;)

I love my Jamily!

*kisses and hugs*

;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    PEARL FAM......NICE
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:

This is a discussion board, well, we're discussing. Better this than a thread ranting about how the album's too short, too far away, a bad album (though we've only heard a few cuts), etc.
    Not to mention, you're just fuel for the fire by posting at all ;)
    Isnt that the fun and beauty of it all......flicking my Ed zippo :lol:
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    :) I got a 4-month female dog I named it Jamily :):|

We are always complaining... or "discussing"

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Jamily is as dumb as the people that use it.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    It is one of the three things that gets said repeatedly on here that I hate the most...the other two are:

"the waiting drove me mad" whenever we're waiting for news, or the christmas single, or whatever

and the worst of all..."looks like ____ has the green disease" anytime anyone is selling something new, specifically PJ.

Jamily is pretty fucking bad though...it just sounds dumb.

That said, I don't actually lose any sleep over any of these stupid things...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    Jamily = No

Isn't there only one band that has fans who named themselves... the Dead Heads...

It's a much cooler name for a dog.

Yes, Jamily is cringeworthy.
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    Jamily=worst name ever. Gives me total douchechills whenever I read or hear it. Of course, this is coming from a guy who uses the word "douchechills" so take it for what it's worth.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    knowcode10 wrote:
    Jamily=worst name ever. Gives me total douchechills whenever I read or hear it. Of course, this is coming from a guy who uses the word "douchechills" so take it for what it's worth.

:lol:

great first post.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    knowcode10 wrote:

Adding douchechills to my vocabulary list.

Thank you, sir.
  • Options
    knowcode10 wrote:

:lol:

great first post.
    +1

EV
  • Options
    douchechills...now in 2 flavors...vinegar & summer rain...only at Dairy Queen!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Jamily is aweful. Soo cheesy. We need something that can be taken more seriously if we have to have a name. But....why do we need a turdy term anyway? Beatle and Zepplin fans don't go around calling themselves Beatle Butt-friends and Zepplin Zoo.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    Sometimes I love my Jamily more than my actually family!

:D

still a shit name though...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,512
    where's Jamily Man when we need him to take credit for coming up with the term?!

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Jamily is aweful. Soo cheesy. We need something that can be taken more seriously if we have to have a name. But....why do we need a turdy term anyway? Beatle and Zepplin fans don't go around calling themselves Beatle Butt-friends and Zepplin Zoo.

Well, maybe they should!
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.