Options

Soundgarden reunion??????

Comments

• Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    To bad they couldnt play with pj on the fall tour man how sweet that would be. Who knows when we talked to Jeff at the green river show he said they were still working on the opening act u never know. Keeping my fingers crossed
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I'd love to see them tour and then put out a live album/DVD.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    Another thing I forgot to note is that if they do end up doing some kind of extensive reunion tour, it'd be awesome if they re-released remastered versions of their back catalogue....as well as that long lost b-sides album that's been talked about for years now.
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    That was a bit of a mistake on my end :roll: . Of course I would want to see all four of them together for a genuine reunion. I just meant it'd be nice to see Thayil, Shephard, and Cameron (and yes Cornell) playing together. I've seen Cornell solo and with AS, and seen Cameron with PJ - but never got to see SG live (so never seen Thayil or Shephard rip it up live). Long story short Soundgarden kicks ass
    Sounds like we have had similar experiences regarding our exposure to Soundgarden (AS and solo). I'll always be bitter about missing that show in Toronto in '96.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    I kinda expected this after Cornell was gushing about the show with TAD in Seattle a few months ago. I think his experiment with Timbaland may not have had the results he was expecting :)

As for missing SG shows, I missed them in Edmonton in 93/94 ish, have always been kicking my ass. If I knew then what i know now...
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Another thing I forgot to note is that if they do end up doing some kind of extensive reunion tour, it'd be awesome if they re-released remastered versions of their back catalogue....as well as that long lost b-sides album that's been talked about for years now.
    itd be nice to have kyle petty on a b-side vinyl release... one of my favorite SG songs

or all new SG material??? :shock: I WOULD GO NUTS
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    I think that if it means PJ gets Dave or Jack back, I'm all for it! Love Matt, but his style is so much better suited to Soundgarden than PJ.
    Dave! HA! :lol:
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    rustycagerustycage Posts: 67
    I saw a Chris Cornell solo show between AS and his Timbashit, and it was was awesome, one of the best live shows i'd seen out of Cornell since soundgarden. He claims to have "put the bong down"so he said to the crowd at this show in st. louis, and it definitely reflected in his vocal range and intensity that night. I can't wait for the reunion, it will make up for the Timbashit!!
  • Options
    I can see a Soundgarden reunion happening. Pearl Jam aren't going to tour next year and I don't see them doing another full tour until 2011 for their 20th anniversary.
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I've read about the reunion 18 june.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb7fO2PL ... annel_page

In the end we can hear the about Soundgarden's reunion...
    I thought about it. And now this thread...

What to say, what to say?
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    I really dont get why this is so exciting, always found them a little overrated, Chris' vocals always seemed a little grating on the early stuff.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I really dont get why this is so exciting, always found them a little overrated, Chris' vocals always seemed a little grating on the early stuff.

:-0

imo i can't even begin to describe how good they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTr8BNLqrOM
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I am very aware I'll be very much in the minority here, very much so, but really I dont totally get it. I mean I always liked Soundgarden, they made some good solid records, but this thread makes them out to be total gods with people declaring they would fly anywhere.

I know its hardly the best place to start when discussing a bands back catalogue, but I find the soundgarden greatest hits CD a tough listen all the way through, whereas RVM is a pure joy.

M aybe the problem is is that i compare Soundgarden to PJ, and in an attempt to hide any bias, I cannot see how it is possible to put them on the same level.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I am very aware I'll be very much in the minority here, very much so, but really I dont totally get it. I mean I always liked Soundgarden, they made some good solid records, but this thread makes them out to be total gods with people declaring they would fly anywhere.

I know its hardly the best place to start when discussing a bands back catalogue, but I find the soundgarden greatest hits CD a tough listen all the way through, whereas RVM is a pure joy.

M aybe the problem is is that i compare Soundgarden to PJ, and in an attempt to hide any bias, I cannot see how it is possible to put them on the same level.

Batmotorfinger imo doesn't have a bad track on it, just amazing. Superunknown is fucking amazing too, and the first 7 tracks of Down On The Upside fucking destroy. Louder than love is just ace tooo. Can't say im one for Ultramega OK, but Beyond the Wheel is just ridiculous. Oh and not to mention Birth Ritual :D

Im just getting so happy becuase i didn't grow up in the 90s and soo many bands i love are reforming and i will be able to/waiting/have seen them i.e Smashing Pumpkins (joint fave with PJ), Alice in chains, Faith no More, Candlebox, Karma to Burn and a bunch of others not at the top of my head. Soundgarden reforming would just be heaven for me, if they did all we need now is original Sabbath and Primus.
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I BrisK I wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

my feelings exactly
  • Options
    [/quote]

Batmotorfinger imo doesn't have a bad track on it, just amazing. Superunknown is fucking amazing too, and the first 7 tracks of Down On The Upside fucking destroy. Louder than love is just ace tooo. Can't say im one for Ultramega OK, but Beyond the Wheel is just ridiculous. Oh and not to mention Birth Ritual :D

Im just getting so happy becuase i didn't grow up in the 90s and soo many bands i love are reforming and i will be able to/waiting/have seen them i.e Smashing Pumpkins (joint fave with PJ), Alice in chains, Faith no More, Candlebox, Karma to Burn and a bunch of others not at the top of my head. Soundgarden reforming would just be heaven for me, if they did all we need now is original Sabbath and Primus.[/quote]

Its a perspective thing i guess, musical opinions differ greatly, Cornells vocals just grate on me from the early days, they are ok in batches of a few songs, but after a full 80 min CD its not much fun.

Like i said I am well on my own with this, I appreciate that, but i just dont hear it the same. I wouldnt rush to see them, in fact I'm not fond of Matt rejoining SG at all.

AIC is another band I never got, not at all, They were again OK, but nothing magic, Jar of Flies and Sap just seem so average to me and records that havent stood the test of time well. Which maybe one of my problems with SG too, MTV fucking ruined Blackholesun, they dfid my brains in with it. To the point where I hate that song now, and cant be bothered to listen to it.

I wouldnt bank on Sabbath reforming either, if they did it would be the biggest joke ever. Ozzy can barely get a sentence out now and its cringeworthy watching him on stage now.

I'm never so fond of the reunions though, not many bands successfully pull it off like RATM did, although Pink Floyd would definitely grab my attention - the little i did see at Live8 was awesome
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    I would love it if Soundgarden reformed because i have never seen them as a band before but they are one of my fav bands, but if it is going to effect PJ in a bad way than i rather Matt just kept playing with PJ. :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Music is so subjective that "arguments" such as this are pretty pointless. I love PJ more than anything in the world, but I love Soundgarden even more. Work that one out :D Sometimes I listen to Superunknown and come to the conclusion that it is, in fact, the greatest album of all time. I don't get that with any PJ album.
  • Options
    I'd be willing to bet this doesn't happen anytime soon if ever......

you people read too much into something so little.

Cornell will be too busy touring with Justin Timberlake next year and Matt will be on PJ tour-
  • Options
    I'm all for it. I've seen Cornell solo 3x and the Soundgarden stuff rocks with those guys playing it. "Saw" Soundgarden at Lolla in '92, but was waaaaaay too wasted and don't remember a friggin' note of it. Would relish the opportunity to see them again now that my hard-partying days are behind me.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,155
    great news..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    Please let this be true, I was lucky enough to catch them on their way out. Arogon Ballroom, Chicago 11-9-96. I remember Chris almost falling off the stage. Great show in a small venue.
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE A SOUNDGARDEN REUNION... but... don't know if Cornell can sing any high notes like he used to do! I remember that performance of "Hunger Strike" with PJ in 2003 where he couldn't nail that high note!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    If they were to play together again, I don't see them doing an 80-90 show world tour. Maybe a few shows in select major US markets. I really think Cornell is into doing his own thing now.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    I think that if it means PJ gets Dave or Jack back, I'm all for it! Love Matt, but his style is so much better suited to Soundgarden than PJ.

Right on! Matt is the perfect drummer...for Soundgarden. I find his playing in PJ too slick and robot-like. And Chris Cornell's solo career sucks big time :lol:

There wouldn't be nothing better than a soundgarden reunion. Saw them in 1996 and it was a kick ass. Cornell jumped to the audience, I got hit from his boot and then we sang to the same microphone "hard headed fuck you all". ahh, memories 8-)
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    BOOOO
    I say leave it where it lies. Cornell has lost all credibility and it seems like there is still a lot of tension. They made great music and let's leave it at that. Matt is in Pearl Jam and I don't want any distractions from that.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Zidane wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE A SOUNDGARDEN REUNION... but... don't know if Cornell can sing any high notes like he used to do! I remember that performance of "Hunger Strike" with PJ in 2003 where he couldn't nail that high note!
    its incredible how much better his voice is since 2003... id say its the best it has been

its better than it ever was during the live SG days... if you listen to those bootlegs his voice was pretty shit live back then too... its the intensity that makes those shows

chris has got the long hair back and everything... and the other guys havent changed at all... kims got a little more gray in the beard... itd be too cool
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Zidane wrote:
    its incredible how much better his voice is since 2003... id say its the best it has been

its better than it ever was during the live SG days... if you listen to those bootlegs his voice was pretty shit live back then too... its the intensity that makes those shows

chris has got the long hair back and everything... and the other guys havent changed at all... kims got a little more gray in the beard... itd be too cool

Well, if you say so... BRING ON THE REUNION DAMN IT!!!!! PJ will just have to wait for a month or so.
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    rustycagerustycage Posts: 67
    Agreed! Chris Cornell's voice is better than ever right now. No more bong rips helps!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    man, i loved that performance of "searching with my good eye closed" from Hype! his voice was insane during that song.

if anyone has an mp3 of that, please pm me! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com