Options

Pearl Jam Vinyl...

CalumCalum Posts: 635
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I been thinking about a few things, sold alot of my autograph collection, and now want something else to collect... So I thought, what about PJ vinyl!

So can someone with some knowledge, advise me on a few things.. for each studio album (no singles/xmas/live stuff)

How rare is each one? how much should I expect to pay for each one? general advise on buying vinyl, as I havent before :oops:

( edit: titled edited :) )
London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    edited June 2009
    ten - $12
    vs. - $12
    Vitalogy - $12
    no code - 60 - 80
    yield - 50-60
    Lo2L - 80-120
    binuaral 80 - 120
    riot act 50-60
    lost dogs 60- 80
    RVM - 40- 50
    Avocado - 50 - 60

check out eBay frequently throw in a bid for around these prices, only bid on the high end if you feel you absolutely must have that vinyl.

if you own other vinyls by other bands, you might have something expensive and not even know it that you wouldn't mind parting with. Turn out I own a Kings of Leon white vinyl that sells for 80 bucks, and a Tool salival box set that also sells for 80 bucks and I don't even care for those bands too much.
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ten......under $30
    VS.... $30-$40
    Yield.... $50-$65
    Vitalogy....$50-$60
    No Code.....$50-$65
    Binaural....$125-$200+
    Live On Two Legs....$150-$200+
    Riot Act....$75-$90
    Avocado....$50-$100+
    Lost Dogs.....$175-$250+
    Rearviewmirror.....$150-$200+

Into The Wild.....$200+
    Benny.....$650-$800+

A lot of variables come into play...sealed versus unsealed...condition, the overall market, etcetera, but this should help ya some....prices are approximate, to be sure..........this is based on the approximate Ebay sales for the last year or so.......you will never find them as cheap as mookeywrench listed..ever
    Post edited by Snoopy Died For Our Sins on
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    Calum wrote:
    thanks
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    guess demand for vinyl has gone up since i last checked also check out your record store, people will often times get rid of them not knowing what they have.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    guess demand for vinyl has gone up since i last checked also check out your record store, people will often times get rid of them not knowing what they have.

very true.....I meant no offense to you, just our numbers were very different and I didn't want our new collector going out with false hopes...........
  • Options
    thanks alot for the info.. looks expensive but fun! I shall be putting in alot of overtime!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    It is a lot to take in all at one time IMO. It took me a couple years to collect all the PJ vinyl and a couple thousand dollars for it all. That includes all the studio albums and compilations, ITW soundtrack, Benny Hall, Ten BB vinyl, holiday singles, and a couple vinyl bootlegs. The only vinyl I don't have and would love to own is the Soldier Field 95. Haven't ponied up for that yet. But good luck and enjoy the time spent to gather the collection.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    It is a lot to take in all at one time IMO. It took me a couple years to collect all the PJ vinyl and a couple thousand dollars for it all. That includes all the studio albums and compilations, ITW soundtrack, Benny Hall, Ten BB vinyl, holiday singles, and a couple vinyl bootlegs. The only vinyl I don't have and would love to own is the Soldier Field 95. Haven't ponied up for that yet. But good luck and enjoy the time spent to gather the collection.

thanks for info
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314
    Vinyl has no 'S' at the end to pluralize it. It's already plural.

Just an FYI.
  • Options
    lol, noted :)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I've acquired every PJ studio album in the last 6 months. Here's what I paid

Ten-$15 German represess and $140 SDE
    Vs sealed-$25
    Vitalogy sealed-$10
    No Code m/m-$60
    Yield m/nm-$60
    Binaural g/nm-$70
    Riot Act sealed-$60
    S/T sealed-$40
    Lost Dogs g/m-$70

Grades are jacket/vinyl.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    DewieCox wrote:

Vs sealed-$25
    Vitalogy sealed-$10
    No Code m/m-$60
    Yield m/nm-$60
    Binaural g/nm-$70
    Riot Act sealed-$60
    S/T sealed-$40
    Lost Dogs g/m-$70

Grades are jacket/vinyl.

Nice price on a RA sealed
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    wow good prices, congrats
  • Options
    OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    DewieCox wrote:

Vs sealed-$25
    Vitalogy sealed-$10
    No Code m/m-$60
    Yield m/nm-$60
    Binaural g/nm-$70
    Riot Act sealed-$60
    S/T sealed-$40
    Lost Dogs g/m-$70

Grades are jacket/vinyl.

Did you get those from ebay? that's very nice price you got for Vitalogy, Binaural,S/T & Lost Dogs. I wish I can get them with these price. ;) especially Binaural always over $100
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 369
    I need some of that luck searching...I did get lucky with Vitalogy and found it at a half price books for $7.
  • Options
    ebay only has 1 binuaral, buy it now $300!
  • Options
    Andy DickAndy Dick Posts: 106
    I have all of em, and have been toying with the idea of selling them (damn recession!). I work in the tourist industry, and business is a little down. All of them are open, Benaroya and Into the Wild have never been played.

Make me an offer!
  • Options
    whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    I have them all but ITW and Rearviewmirror. never paid morer than 25.00 except for Bennaroya. I think that was like 50.00? :D
  • Options
    Andy Dick wrote:
    I have all of em, and have been toying with the idea of selling them (damn recession!). I work in the tourist industry, and business is a little down. All of them are open, Benaroya and Into the Wild have never been played.

Make me an offer!
    PM sent
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 586
    I'm another one that, due to the tough economic times, has thought about putting highly-coveted items up for sale such as the Benaroya Hall vinyl (sealed), Binaural vinyl (maybe played once then resealed), Into the Wild vinyl (sealed), etc. Don't know if I could part with them, but a brother has got to pay bills, right?

I'm still hesitant to get rid of them. I have a feeling I'd be kicking myself down the road. It does tempt me though when some people are willing to pay one of my mortgage payments for Benaroya!
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    wnh1977 wrote:
    I'm another one that, due to the tough economic times, has thought about putting highly-coveted items up for sale such as the Benaroya Hall vinyl (sealed), Binaural vinyl (maybe played once then resealed), Into the Wild vinyl (sealed), etc. Don't know if I could part with them, but a brother has got to pay bills, right?

I'm still hesitant to get rid of them. I have a feeling I'd be kicking myself down the road. It does tempt me though when some people are willing to pay one of my mortgage payments for Benaroya!

This, as a collector is something you need to pay very close attention to when dealing with Ebay....... ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    why the dont sale more vinyl albumm here in 10c?is too crazy the prices in ebay...cant they understand that we the fans have to pay thisn money,,put them here for sale,,we all have one copy,an dthe prices in ebay for exable will be down,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    snoopy, I understand, once played it loses value as its not brand new.. is there anyway to tell if one has been played then resealed?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Calum wrote:
    snoopy, I understand, once played it loses value as its not brand new.. is there anyway to tell if one has been played then resealed?
    Ask :)
    I would imagine many eBay vinyl sellers have access to a shrink wrap machine, so it never hurts to inquire of the seller.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Asking works final with the honest ones :) which everyone isn't :evil:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    OceanStone wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Vs sealed-$25
    Vitalogy sealed-$10
    No Code m/m-$60
    Yield m/nm-$60
    Binaural g/nm-$70
    Riot Act sealed-$60
    S/T sealed-$40
    Lost Dogs g/m-$70

Grades are jacket/vinyl.

Did you get those from ebay? that's very nice price you got for Vitalogy, Binaural,S/T & Lost Dogs. I wish I can get them with these price. ;) especially Binaural always over $100

Vitalogy, Vs, RA were all buy it nows....... No Code, Yield, Lost Dogs, S/T were auctions

Binaural was from a kind gent around here. The jacket's probably overall a little rougher than what I graded, but it's mostly surface stuff.
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Calum wrote:
    Ask :)
    I would imagine many eBay vinyl sellers have access to a shrink wrap machine, so it never hurts to inquire of the seller.

If the wrap looks loose or excessively wrinkled, I always ask and tell them if I buy it and there is evidence of it being played, then I will report, return and get a refund... ;)

Nothing wrong with buying them open if you plan on playin' 'em :)
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    I'm so glad I got into vinyl in the 90s, I love going onto ebay and seeing how much I could get if I ever decided to part with some of em. I am constantly amazed at how PJ isn't the only band with insane and rich fans. The last one that blew my mind was seeing that DMB's Before These Crowded Streets goes for $350 (and not that buy-now, seller-set shit, that what the bids are). I bought it for like $15 when it came out. Most of my expensive vinyl is from 90s bands who released vinyl in the CD era. I own all of PJ's vinyl, all bought from a regular old record store for face value. It's good to know that if I lose my job, my record collection could keep me afloat (though I hope it never comes to that).

I do get sick of how EVERYONE I know keep telling me to sell them. I didn't buy em to flip em, dammit! I actually listen to them.