Options

pearl jam limited edition 4x cd 1x dvd ? whoa!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
edited June 2009 in The Porch
blink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... NA:US:1123

Winning bid: US $1,225.00

!BUFfrwg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLm,etkBKLuFDG5Zg~~_1.JPG

record company watermrk blue cd's & dvd, ten, box set, never came with box or booklet, ten, ten bonus tracks, momma son original demo tape, drop in the park live, , dvd mtv unplugged. , in plastic case. pro. cd mint, shipping outside of usa $15.00, pacific rim $18.00. . insurance & tracking extra.

ALL PACKAGES SEND OUTSIDE OF THE USA VALUED OVER $100.OO USD MUST BE SENT REGISTERED MAIL.

For customers from Italy please pay attention, Italy Customs has recently implemented revised procedures to tighten up the controls of goods imported into Italy from Non-European countries, all items sent to Italy may be subject to delay and customs purpose. It may even takes 60 days or more for delivery!

whoa mama!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Can you explain to me why these are so expensive? Are they record company masters or something? Made out of silver? I don't get it.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    jecica wrote:
    Can you explain to me why these are so expensive? Are they record company masters or something? Made out of silver? I don't get it.
    I am at a loss too. I guess some people are willing to pay through the roof for one of a kind items...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    What's so special about these that someone would pay that much money? :shock: :?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    oh good i thought i was the only one who was confused....but then i'm usually confused :P :lol:
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    norm wrote:
    oh good i thought i was the only one who was confused....but then i'm usually confused :P :lol:

:lol:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    whoa, that's a lotta mulah...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    Its quite simple,

these are official record label items, they are one of a kind promo items that are available in extremely limited quantities.

There is a very strong PJ collecting market, whereby all collectors are after each and every unique peice that hits the market and that drives the prices sky high. I dont think you'll see many more CD versions of the Mama tape, and the live show that was in the set.

Personally I was watching the auction but never saw it going this high, I knew the guy who won it would win it, it was all just who else would bid with him to give the crazy result.
  • Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    But will the seller get paid? Until he does, that dollar amount is just numbers on the screen.
  • Options
    twojawas wrote:
    But will the seller get paid? Until he does, that dollar amount is just numbers on the screen.

i know that buyer well and he will pay, you can be sure of that
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Its quite simple,

these are official record label items, they are one of a kind promo items that are available in extremely limited quantities.

There is a very strong PJ collecting market, whereby all collectors are after each and every unique peice that hits the market and that drives the prices sky high. I dont think you'll see many more CD versions of the Mama tape, and the live show that was in the set.

Personally I was watching the auction but never saw it going this high, I knew the guy who won it would win it, it was all just who else would bid with him to give the crazy result.

While I agree with everything you said, as a collector, this one did not get more than a glance from me. You??
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Well, apparently it was quite valuable and semmingly rare, but there is no way that it is better than having the cassette, LP's etc that made the set so cool to own. Yes CD's are handy to have, but those CD's have no character or no fun factor, and thats where all the value is! I hope the buyer enjoys them and for someone who is a "completist" its nice to add to their collection.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    silly...just silly...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:
    silly...just silly...

you clearly just do not get it
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Its quite simple,

While I agree with everything you said, as a collector, this one did not get more than a glance from me. You??

Hey Scott, I gotta say I'm the same, it only got a glance from me because I knew it was out of my reach. I would have liked it for a sensible price, but funds are not unlimited as always so I gotta be rational.

Its a cool item nonetheless and I imagine exceptionally rare.

The thing that makes it a bit short of a must have is the lack of packaging, I like my packaging, but the new age promos seem to ahve none. I mean put the freak next to this, or the live at Radio Fritz with the silkscreened art and this is way behind them.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    as a collector, this one did not get more than a glance from me. You??

it did a little for me. the drop in the park cd & mamason on cd prints got me rolling.