Options

From a guy who has heard the new album

Pearl SamPearl Sam Posts: 88
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I'm sure this is very german, however I could not find any recent threads that discussed these paragraphs specifically. Yes, I am aware of the recent thread discussing the fact that "Got Some" is the album opener. Anyways, this Englishman says the album is ultra punchy and his favourite since "Yield" if not his favourite since pre-Yield days.

http://hearyoume3.blogspot.com/search/label/New%20album
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Police Man wrote:
    I'm sure this is very german, however I could not find any recent threads that discussed these paragraphs specifically. Yes, I am aware of the recent thread discussing the fact that "Got Some" is the album opener. Anyways, this Englishman says the album is ultra punchy and his favourite since "Yield" if not his favourite since pre-Yield days.

http://hearyoume3.blogspot.com/search/label/New%20album

I think that was the first thing any of us really heard about the new album, before all the "leaked" info about the video got out and the Conan performance.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    LOL - I assume you mean "Any of us, except for you". I've been on here everyday since May 1 and I haven't seen a discussion about this. Perhaps I overlooked it, but I doubt it. In other words, I doubt the thread is massive.

Also, the first thing I heard about the album was back on February 4, not on May 21, which the above link is dated. Perhaps Dewie missed the February 4 news? (Rolling Stone article)

Here's one version of the February 4 news:

http://www.pearljamonline.it/curiosit%E ... bumeng.htm
    Post edited by Pearl Sam on
  • Options
    Police Man wrote:
    LOL - I assume you mean "Any of us, except for you". I've been on here everyday since May 1 and I haven't seen a discussion about this. Perhaps I overlooked it, but I doubt it. In other words, I doubt the thread is massive.

Also, the first thing I heard about the album was back on May 3, not on May 21, which the above link is dated. Perhaps Dewie missed the May 3 news? (Rolling Stone article)

Here's one version of the May 3 news:

http://www.pearljamonline.it/curiosit%E ... bumeng.htm

We've seen it man. Don't believe me, I don't really give a crap.
  • Options
    Guess I should worded it different. That guys blog was one of the first descriptions of PJ's new album anybody seen.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Hateful - wow. I don't doubt that you have seen it. I never said anything about not believing you. LOL - you must be unhappy with yourself or something, having nothing better to do than post shitty things in innocent threads.

The only thing I do doubt is that every reader on here has seen it. The reason I doubt that is because I'm on here just about everyday and I haven't seen anything about someone hearing the record and saying it was his favourite since Yield.

So, if you don't give a crap or whatever, then don't post. But, don't try and show me up by saying that was the first news about the album when we heard a bunch of news dating as far back as 2008. Give me a break.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Guess I should worded it different. That guys blog was one of the first descriptions of PJ's new album anybody seen.

No - not even that, as the February 4 issue of Rolling Stone goes into a lot of detail about the album, even going so far as to compare it to Johnny Thunders, The Who (surprise surprise), Stooges, Kings of Leon, and Guided by Voices.

Anyway, I'm done arguing (not my goal). Take what I said or leave it. I was just passing along info that I had not seen.
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 442
    Thanks for the heads up, I have noticed from some of the "elites" if you miss something on here and then post it they rip you about it. For what it is worth he was referring to this post here.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    DewieCox wrote:

Lay off the guy. He's always right.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100777

:roll:
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    This is way old and discussed at great length in multiple threads.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Police Man wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Hateful - wow. I don't doubt that you have seen it. I never said anything about not believing you. LOL - you must be unhappy with yourself or something, having nothing better to do than post shitty things in innocent threads.

The only thing I do doubt is that every reader on here has seen it. The reason I doubt that is because I'm on here just about everyday and I haven't seen anything about someone hearing the record and saying it was his favourite since Yield.

So, if you don't give a crap or whatever, then don't post. But, don't try and show me up by saying that was the first news about the album when we heard a bunch of news dating as far back as 2008. Give me a break.
    Thanks for bringing it to the attention of those of us who have not seen it yet - respectfully, however, DewieCox is right - there was a thread a few weeks ago which linked to this blog.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:
    Lay off the guy. He's always right.:roll:

Nice rolly-polly! Just to stress that I never said anyone is wrong, please read all parts of thread before placing foot in mouth.
    PoliceMan wrote:
    I don't doubt that you have seen it. I never said anything about not believing you. :roll:
  • Options
    This is way old and discussed at great length in multiple threads.

Thanks for the friendly note. :D It's funny how people like to kick people when they are down. Again, I was only passing along info that I know some on here have not seen. If that makes you mad and want to say hateful things, well then too bad.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Police Man wrote:
    please read all parts of thread before placing foot in mouth.

That just won't be possible.

Your threads are only skim-worthy.

:mrgreen:
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:
    Police Man wrote:
    please read all parts of thread before placing foot in mouth.

That just won't be possible.

Your threads are only skim-worthy.

:mrgreen:
    Wow. It's like I'm back in grade five, in an intense verbal fight with someone :roll:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Thanks for bringing it to the attention of those of us who have not seen it yet - respectfully, however, DewieCox is right - there was a thread a few weeks ago which linked to this blog.

Yes I can see that now. But, thanks for not being a dick. I have no idea why some feel the need. However, to repeat what I have said above, I never said anything about anybody being right or wrong. I was simply passing along information, and even started the thread with "I'm sure this is very german". I don't know if some people didn't read the first sentence maybe, or what has happened here. Anyway, I'll keep on bringing the "breaking news".

;)
  • Options
    nukeboot wrote:
    That just won't be possible. Your threads are only skim-worthy. :mrgreen:

Well, then it's a good thing I didn't write more than 1 short paragraph then. If I had written a dissertation about that blog, you would have been screwed, failed the test, etc. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Police Man wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Yes I can see that now. But, thanks for not being a dick. I have no idea why some feel the need. However, to repeat what I have said above, I never said anything about anybody being right or wrong. I was simply passing along information, and even started the thread with "I'm sure this is very german". I don't know if some people didn't read the first sentence maybe, or what has happened here. Anyway, I'll keep on bringing the "breaking news".

;)
    No worries. I was one of those dicks in the last thread, and I realized it's stupid to act like that. I feel like it's easy to forget that you're not just typing words that will show up on a screen with forums - you're conversing with people. Publicly, no less. If people were to consider that here more often, maybe this place would be rid of all the negativity. Nah, who am I kidding. :lol:

EV
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    No worries. I was one of those dicks in the last thread, and I realized it's stupid to act like that. I feel like it's easy to forget that you're not just typing words that will show up on a screen with forums - you're conversing with people. Publicly, no less. If people were to consider that here more often, maybe this place would be rid of all the negativity. Nah, who am I kidding. :lol:

Now that I think about it, this place might get a little boring if everyone was just hunky-dory nice. I think maybe I thrive off azz-hoes a little bit. I think what it is maybe is I unintentionally-intentionally create a bad thread, wait to get flamed, then flame the flamers. LOL

It's really a little bit of fun. :geek:
  • Options
    potnik wrote:
    I have noticed from some of the "elites" if you miss something on here and then post it they rip you about it. For what it is worth he was referring to this post

As for the "elites" you speak of, I'm beginning to realize why their post count is so high - they've been spending all their time on the internet bashing people like me. I bet it sucks for them when they get flamed back. Some may tuck and run, but I love to play the flaming game, as long as I'm not the first to flame that is. :twisted:
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I saw this before, but I never saw the site showing all of the little updates for the new album. Pretty cool
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    I've totally seen this before.

Sorry I had to ;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    oooo its "punchy"! 8-)

love the dynamics in this thread... someone starts shit with his sarcastic response and then plays victim to "elitism"... cute

glad to re-read this source... still doesnt tell us much of anything about the album... but desperation is beginning to set in :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    oh nothing..
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    wow. not sure what to say about this thread.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    Ok wrote:
    the post above answered your question ^^^^^^^^
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Ok wrote:
    the post above answered your question ^^^^^^^^

very true. :lol:
  • Options
    I thought the fact that he mentioned Got some was the album opener is news. Well I didnt know that. Although the rest of the blog I remember reading at least a month ago...
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    nothing to do with the subject of the post, but of the tone of the content within...

sometimes on the internet (and especially here) it's not what you say but in how you say it... delivering information or a reply in a rude or demeaning tone gets you the same type of response... so think about that the next time you post or reply to something and want something positive in return.

just sayin' :geek:
  • Options
    nothing to do with the subject of the post, but of the tone of the content within...

sometimes on the internet (and especially here) it's not what you say but in how you say it... delivering information or a reply in a rude or demeaning tone gets you the same type of response... so think about that the next time you post or reply to something and want something positive in return.

just sayin' :geek:

+1000