Options

Hartford ticket debacle? What happened.. who was part of it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah definitely not 10c fault. Good for them for getting more 10c seats. I have number 415xxx and was only 10 rows in front of the lawn.... but at least I was in the building!!! Mansfield 2 must have had less 10c tickets available because for that show I was a good 50 yards closer to the stage. Anyone who got into the concert late waited until the last minute to pick up tickets. I got mine no problem at about 7 15. Pearl Jam even waited an extra 10-15 minutes later to go on stage then they were supposed to because they were aware of the long 10c line. Great Show!

Going along with the mention of Mansfield 2, even though it's a bit of a tangent, I think the worst part about that show was waiting nearly 3 HOURS to get out of the parking lot. Anyone else get caught in that friggin mess?
    Borgata II, Philly 05, ER 1 06, ER 2 06, Camden I 08, MSG I 08, MSG II 08, Mansfield II 08, EV 1 NYC, EV NJPAC

Hard To Imagine
  • Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Part of the problem was traffic was horrendous that day (at least coming from Philly). I planned on being at 10-C window around 4 and didn't get there until 7:30, when there was a huge line.
    Damn. Did you miss part of the show?

Nah, I got in just in time, but I know people who weren't so lucky.

So you got in line at 730, when the opening band was taking the stage. And you still got to your seat before the show. So therefore, anyone who missed any part of the Pearl Jam set got in line AFTER 730!
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,314
    So you got in line at 730, when the opening band was taking the stage. And you still got to your seat before the show. So therefore, anyone who missed any part of the Pearl Jam set got in line AFTER 730!

I could be misremembering the time; maybe it was 7. But you can't really blame people for getting in line at 7:30 and expecting to see the opening song of Pearl Jam. It's never taken an hour and a half.

Plus the disorganized staff/process at the window, bad traffic, parking far from the venue, etc.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 388
    This sounds a lot like night one at the Gorge in 2006. Show was supposed to start at 7:00. I arrived at 5:20 got straight in line. The line was so long and mismanaged, I missed 1 1/2 songs and they even started 30 minutes late. Meaning it took about 2 hours to get my tickets. At least with the outdoor venue I could hear the opener (Wash) if I strained to listen. The line easily 500 people in it behind me that missed a lot more than I did.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I'm not gonna argue why it happened.... I was in the line... I may have gotten there later then some, but no later then I usually arrive to shows and have no problem with getting tickets and making it to my seat early. I missed 5 songs.

same here. I figured an hour was enough time to get my ticket. Figured wrong and got in at the start of Big Wave. missed cant keep/breakerfall opener :(

not going to happen twice
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,736
    after the show, waited in line to pick up the poster. we left, walked up the hill where all the fence was taken down. totally destroyed & didn't know about all this going on. found out all about this when i was in boston.

the main gate, wasn't so busy when we got there. i was with the shuttle service coming from the wishlist foundation preparty. driver went through the train tracks and just the hill. up the hill, it sucked that we had to walk up the hill to the arena. i'll never forget a lady that came out of the shuttle was in crutches, and she had to walk it. pissed that the driver didn't take her all the way up to the arena! :evil:

but we got there in time. we got drinks, hanged out inside & outside the arena etc.. got to our seats & had an amazing time.
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    demetrios wrote:
    after the show, waited in line to pick up the poster. we left, walked up the hill where all the fence was taken down. totally destroyed & didn't know about all this going on. found out all about this when i was in boston.

the main gate, wasn't so busy when we got there. i was with the shuttle service coming from the wishlist foundation preparty. driver went through the train tracks and just the hill. up the hill, it sucked that we had to walk up the hill to the arena. i'll never forget a lady that came out of the shuttle was in crutches, and she had to walk it. pissed that the driver didn't take her all the way up to the arena! :evil:

but we got there in time. we got drinks, hanged out inside & outside the arena etc.. got to our seats & had an amazing time.

Yeah I was on the shuttle, and I think I only waited about 15-20 mins in line. I forget what time that was. But that guy should of drove us up the hill...no reason not to...that bastard.
  • Options
    Mcam55 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yeah I was on the shuttle, and I think I only waited about 15-20 mins in line. I forget what time that was. But that guy should of drove us up the hill...no reason not to...that bastard.

you waited 15-20 minutes in line? the 10club line? i was able to walk with the group, get the tickets right away and hang out. still pissed the bus driver let her walk up that hill. :evil:
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    yeah I remember waiting about 15 mins, we got in line early enough so we didnt miss any of the show but I do remember waiting and after I got the tix the line had grown much much longer.
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    There was tons of traffic, then it took forever to park and walk all the over to the venue from the parking lots. I think I must have been there around 7, and the line was the longest ever. By the time we got our tickets and turned around and saw how long the line was it had grown significantly!
  • Options
    Mcam55 wrote:
    yeah I remember waiting about 15 mins, we got in line early enough so we didnt miss any of the show but I do remember waiting and after I got the tix the line had grown much much longer.

damn! i thought they would of been more organized. much better then mansfield's parking lot from hell.
  • Options
    Yeah definitely not 10c fault. Good for them for getting more 10c seats. I have number 415xxx and was only 10 rows in front of the lawn.... but at least I was in the building!!! Mansfield 2 must have had less 10c tickets available because for that show I was a good 50 yards closer to the stage. Anyone who got into the concert late waited until the last minute to pick up tickets. I got mine no problem at about 7 15. Pearl Jam even waited an extra 10-15 minutes later to go on stage then they were supposed to because they were aware of the long 10c line. Great Show!

Going along with the mention of Mansfield 2, even though it's a bit of a tangent, I think the worst part about that show was waiting nearly 3 HOURS to get out of the parking lot. Anyone else get caught in that friggin mess?

yep! night 2 we were stuck for a long time in the parking lot. they need to break open another 'going out of' line, instead of 'one way out'. it was just a mess. i wonder the next time pearl jam play's there, will ed break that curfew he's said the past 5 show's! :|
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    demetrios wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

damn! i thought they would of been more organized. much better then mansfield's parking lot from hell.

Mansfield is the parking lot from hell. No better way to describe it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

Mansfield is the parking lot from hell. No better way to describe it.

fuckin' eh! who ever own's that place, that's taking in the money, gotta find some local contractors to fix that parking lot, way's to get out more easier for all in attendance.