Options

I think this would be a good time to hear from the band..

13»

Comments

• Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    IMHO Pearl Jam really gives their fans a lot more than some "average band". I mean: annual Xmas single, releasing sbd from every show since 2000 and there's not a single no-show year since the beginnings of the band. They keep us well updated on all the information considering the band & new music. Also releasing Deep is one thing where they're really taking their fans to another level comparing to other bands. Not to mention special advance tickets we get through 10C.

So I personally don't see a point complaining how the band owes us explanation for something. They don't. I've been a fan since 1994 and member of 10C since 1995 and couldn't be happier.

Sadly I guess the thing is, the more band gives to their fans, the more (some of) the fans are wanting. And that's where it goes wrong. We should all be happy about the actions of PJ, they're the most true-to-their-fans band I've ever heard of.

EDIT: Wasn't there a quote from Eddie saying something along the lines "more we give the more you want" at some show where lots of people were showing the "hard to imagine" signs? Just one more thing where the band does a nice favor: playing varied sets and taking request @ shows.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    metsfan wrote:
    jeanwah wrote:

We're all free to express our opinions, so as unhappy as you are that people aren't agreeing with you, means Jack to everyone else.

I agree with the OP. A statement from the band would be much appreciated.
    omg wtf is your problem. Are you on crack or something. Unlike you I could give a shit if people agree with me or not or am pushing an agneda like you are. If you looked back in this whole thread which you probably didn't, I actually said the OP bought up very good points instead of just ramblling away like you do. This band doesn't owe us anything, they never have and they never will. If you think they do then maybe you can go bitch and complain and cry bout it on heather's shitty blog I'm sure she can use another "follower". Its just a fucking band its not life or death. Some of you people take this way to serious and its boarder line creepy. I could really careless if the band breaks up today or within the next year. as speedy always says ITS JUST A FUCKING BAND and that's all it really is a BAND(ACT).

:lol: OMG, I'm shaking in my boots, I'm being yelled at. :lol:
    Some people don't like it when people disagree with them.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i really wonder why most of you even bother with the twenty bucks a month. If i had such a panty fit about the everything the band does, i don't think i would be doing it anymore...Truth be know, if so many of you think that they are not the band you came to know and love , you are ten times worse for supporting and continuing to pile money into it. H*Y*P*O*C*R*I*T*E.

Who cares if someone called someone else's blog shitty. Sounds like an opinion to me.. It's not like he punched a baby in the throat or something. ..Thanks ten club.. The shows are really lovely but now i get to read what all yer whiny fan club members think instead of posts from cool people who actually LIKE the friggin band.

Signed,
    annoyed that i now must pay to watch people trash continuously one of the few things i still find cool in this world.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    i really wonder why most of you even bother with the twenty bucks a month. If i had such a panty fit about the everything the band does, i don't think i would be doing it anymore...Truth be know, if so many of you think that they are not the band you came to know and love , you are ten times worse for supporting and continuing to pile money into it. H*Y*P*O*C*R*I*T*E.

Who cares if someone called someone else's blog shitty. Sounds like an opinion to me.. It's not like he punched a baby in the throat or something. ..Thanks ten club.. The shows are really lovely but now i get to read what all yer whiny fan club members think instead of posts from cool people who actually LIKE the friggin band.

Signed,
    annoyed that i now must pay to watch people trash continuously one of the few things i still find cool in this world.
    agreed
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    CJMST3K wrote:
    CJMST3K, nice avatar :)

Thank ya' sir. I'm putting some thought into my Avatar's recently. The more creepy, the better. :D

I don't think you will be able to top that one. The only other one that comes close is the David Hasselhof one with the puppies
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    Jeanwah wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    jeanwah wrote:

We're all free to express our opinions, so as unhappy as you are that people aren't agreeing with you, means Jack to everyone else.

omg wtf is your problem. Are you on crack or something. Unlike you I could give a shit if people agree with me or not or am pushing an agneda like you are. If you looked back in this whole thread which you probably didn't, I actually said the OP bought up very good points instead of just ramblling away like you do. This band doesn't owe us anything, they never have and they never will. If you think they do then maybe you can go bitch and complain and cry bout it on heather's shitty blog I'm sure she can use another "follower". Its just a fucking band its not life or death. Some of you people take this way to serious and its boarder line creepy. I could really careless if the band breaks up today or within the next year. as speedy always says ITS JUST A FUCKING BAND and that's all it really is a BAND(ACT).

Do you mean like you :)
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Jeanwah wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    jeanwah wrote:

kinda like yourself right. I don't care if people agree with me whereas you throw a hissyfit if people don't agree with you. its reall sad people like you and heather and others think the band owes us something .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    metsfan wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

kinda like yourself right. I don't care if people agree with me whereas you throw a hissyfit if people don't agree with you. its reall sad people like you and heather and others think the band owes us something .
    Maybe you should read what you wrote above, and then tell me who's having a problem here. :D
    You have a nice day. :D
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I hope the members of Pearl Jam never read this message board. Because if they did, they'd think that we're THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF LOSERS ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com