Options

Does Ed do a Pre Set on solo shows?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited June 2009 in The Porch
We all know he does it, when its the full band, bur for solo shows, does he play a pre set?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Not at any of the shows I have read about or saw
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    That would be kinda redundant.
    The entire band should come out and to one pre-set song before the Eddie Solo gigs.
    That wouldn't be redundant.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Cosmo wrote:
    The entire band should come out and do one pre-set song before the Eddie Solo gigs.

Ha.

:lol:

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Cosmo wrote:
    That would be kinda redundant.
    The entire band should come out and to one pre-set song before the Eddie Solo gigs.
    That wouldn't be redundant.
    :lol: redundant...
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    He's done a few "interesting" things to open a select few shows, but uh no -- this show is very much LIKE his presets as noted.

He swung/climbed down a rope to take the stage in Santa Barbara.
    Some alt version of Eldery was used as intro music to the crowd's chorus of "I just want to say, Hello!" During first east tour. Forget the version, wanna say it was some african singer or tribal chorus chant version? It sounded really cool regardless....

But I will just say, having seen three -- DON'T MISS LIAM! Ed obviously respects him and enjoys touring with him, and beyond that -- he just rocks!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    acutejam wrote:
    He's done a few "interesting" things to open a select few shows, but uh no -- this show is very much LIKE his presets as noted.

Some alt version of Eldery was used as intro music to the crowd's chorus of "I just want to say, Hello!" During first east tour. Forget the version, wanna say it was some african singer or tribal chorus chant version? It sounded really cool regardless....

But I will just say, having seen three -- DON'T MISS LIAM! Ed obviously respects him and enjoys touring with him, and beyond that -- he just rocks!
    Yes... DO NOT MISS LIAM FINN!!! He is much more entertaining than getting shitfaced drunk in the parking lot and spilling the contents of your stomach on the girl in front of you, three songs into Ed's set.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Cosmo wrote:
    acutejam wrote:

Yes... DO NOT MISS LIAM FINN!!! He is much more entertaining than getting shitfaced drunk in the parking lot and spilling the contents of your stomach on the girl in front of you, three songs into Ed's set.
    I don't know - that second option sounds like great fun to me... :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I particularly enjoyed the way he swept the floor in Vancouver, we were yelling out "Missed a spot, Ed!" but, no, we were only teasing him...He swept very well... :lol:
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    I agree w/everyone..you do not want to miss Liam Finn
  • Options
    benfig4benfig4 Posts: 90
    Yeah, keep your eye out for a guy in a mask and trenchcoat. You never know who that could be :lol:
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    He did a 10+ song soundcheck at NY 2 last year...but no Pre-sets at any of the shows I was at...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    He did a 10+ song soundcheck at NY 2 last year...but no Pre-sets at any of the shows I was at...

do you know what 10+ song soundcheck he did? :o
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Actually, at the Ed shows ... Jeff, Mike, Stone and Matt come out for a one-song preset.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    Actually, at the Ed shows ... Jeff, Mike, Stone and Matt come out for a one-song preset.

Don't forget, Boom start's up the show with this amazing version ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtUJCM6g2Rc

:lol:
  • Options
    NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    Cosmo wrote:
    acutejam wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha
    Bad memories of SD 1?
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    He came out on stage in a mask and lab coat in Berkeley 1, sweeping the stage.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all