Options

Wake up...

givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
edited June 2009 in The Porch
As you all know there is a lot of talk going on about Target, Showbox recordings, Conan performance, etc. and I would like to add my two cents on the topics.

I think we should all be thankful for what we have received from 10C now and in the past. Any member would agree that they do a hell of a lot for us fans.

I remember back in the day when you got two newsletters and a single and that's it. Those newsletters were (and still are) like gold. It was/is like Christmas time getting them in the mail. I'm 28 and still get excited!

Nowadays we are too caught up in the here and now to appreciate what they have given us. We will always want more which is why we hang around the board and continue to support. If we didn't want more we wouldn't be here.

I think PJ are smart with what they are doing. You have to realise that it's a new musical world that is unfolding and they don't have the same options as before because they have to look out for piracy. Fan recordings are fine but remember paying $50 or more for bootlegs? They need to be able to continue to make a living at making music. If they didn't we would have nothing.

I have been a fan for a long time and trust PJ with their decisions and directions they take. Have they ever let us down in the past? They haven't to me.

I love the new song and am as excited as ever to be a fan.

It's easy to be caught up in the moment and want more more more (I know - I have the worst patience) but good things come to those who wait and it always has in the past.

It's about the music, not money.

My two cents...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I have to say its pretty disappointing that no one else feels the same - I guess things have changed.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    I have to say its pretty disappointing that no one else feels the same - I guess things have changed.

many do........
    however, you posted this at 5:32 AM EDT so for many of us....asleep...and thus by the time i woke up, got to work, came on this board.....aprroximately 17,231 other threads got started and this poor little thread just got pushed to the wayside.

it's OK...life is good.
    :)

and yes....a new album on the horizon...pearl jam still making music....pearl jam making their own choices.......so much possibility ahead, and so much EXCITEMENT.......definitely all good. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I second d2d... jeez, why do I feel like restraining order is coming to me... :P

If I had seen your post when I was around this morning, I would have beat d2d to it.

:mrgreen:

Thanks for the 2 cents, givn2fly26, and I agree with you. :)

Although I can't believe I'm almost 10 years older than you.... *cringes*

*mutters*

That reminds me... I am up for olay refills.... hmm yeah....I swear this one wrinkle disappeared... yes....when I don't laugh, that is... :mrgreen:

;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    IamMine wrote:
    I second d2d... jeez, why do I feel like restraining order is coming to me... :P

If I had seen your post when I was around this morning, I would have beat d2d to it.

*mutters*

That reminds me... I am up for olay refills.... hmm yeah....I swear this one wrinkle disappeared... yes....when I don't laugh, that is... :mrgreen:
    Wow. I can't believe I'm almost 20 years younger than you :S

;)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Add me to the list. I couldn't be more thankful for all the Pearl Jam stuff going on right now and everything the 10C is doing. THANK YOU!
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:

*mutters*

;)

Ha ha - age is only a number right!?! I hope to be as big a fan at 38 as I always have been :)
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,090
    i realize life goes on regardless of what pj does...so i dont care what they do...my life will still go on ..who cares about target!! there has to be more important stuff going on in all your lives..then pj and target...please tell me there is....
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I concur with the OP ... However, whining about nobody responding to your widdle thread? Come on, man. Grow a pair of balls and sack up.

I got some if you need it.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I concur with the OP ... However, whining about nobody responding to your widdle thread? Come on, man. Grow a pair of balls and sack up.

Typical reponse - I knew it would come sooner or later. Congrats on being a dickhead.
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:

Typical reponse - I knew it would come sooner or later. Congrats on being a dickhead.

Ah ... I knew I shoulda added a :)

Mostly, I just wanted to use the new line.
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:

Ah ... I knew I shoulda added a :)

Mostly, I just wanted to use the new line.
    Ok all if forgiven ;)
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    my 2 cents or whatever...
    Well not so far ago I thought it was about money.
    But I have to consider my point of view (sorry my english again, I hope U understand what I mean), and I realized it doesn't matter what it really is.
    For ME IS IT STILL ABOUT MUSIC, not money. this is what I want to believe, and this is what makes my life better. And make me be better human being.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    halszka123 wrote:
    my 2 cents or whatever...
    Well not so far ago I thought it was about money.
    But I have to consider my point of view (sorry my english again, I hope U understand what I mean), and I realized it doesn't matter what it really is.
    For ME IS IT STILL ABOUT MUSIC, not money. this is what I want to believe, and this is what makes my life better. And make me be better human being.
    Agree with you halszka123.

They are still making great music and keeping costs as low as they can - just look at some of their contemporaries (won't name names) charging $300 and up for tickets as well as being media whores.

PJ are the same as they've always been to me - just finding new ways of doing things.
  • Options
    ramblinponyramblinpony Posts: 115
    Thank you for saying exactly what I was feeling. It is 12:30Am in KC, I am drunk, and I love that you wrote this. I STILL F'N LOVE THIS BAND!
  • Options
    Thank you for saying exactly what I was feeling. It is 12:30Am in KC, I am drunk, and I love that you wrote this. I STILL F'N LOVE THIS BAND!
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I am grateful for this band. Not only have they produced music that moves me... they have done things well beyond what they have to in order to keep me coming back for more. I don't take anything for granted and i know that one day, it will all end.
    I am not fanatical or feel it is my religion... i just love the music they make.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    The great thing about Pearl Jam and the reason I have a lot of respect for them is that they kept it together and didn't break up unlike most of their contemporaries. Compare that to Soundgarden fans, who have literally had NOTHING, not even a B-sides release, over the last 12 years.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    IamMine wrote:

*mutters*

Only 10 years... wish I could say that!

OP.... most people will agree. The whinging ones are the more vocal ones though, thus all the threads. I suppose when one thinks 'Oh... OK!', one doesn't start a thread about it.... my take on things of late.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    IamMine wrote:

*mutters*

OP.... most people will agree. The whinging ones are the more vocal ones though, thus all the threads. I suppose when one thinks 'Oh... OK!', one doesn't start a thread about it.... my take on things of late.

Hey we're a f(j)amily - some old, some young and some in between. All united by the music of the Pearl Jam. How lucky are we to be alive...?
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    10c Rocks! I love the club and what they do for it's members....All of the people who run the club, and this board are amazing people. Thank for you for all you do for us! :D
  • Options
    are you fucking serious...you are trying to rationalize the partnership with Target as a defense agianst pirating???!!!

like i couldn't go to Target and buy a CD and put it on the net just as easy if i bought it somewhere else...that's gotta be the most ridiculous shit i have heard around here in awhile...which is saying a lot.
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    How lucky are we to be alive...?
    VERY lucky... and you can't believe how serious I am.
  • Options
    are you fucking serious...you are trying to rationalize the partnership with Target as a defense agianst pirating???!!!

like i couldn't go to Target and buy a CD and put it on the net just as easy if i bought it somewhere else...that's gotta be the most ridiculous shit i have heard around here in awhile...which is saying a lot.

Chill pills: I got some if you need it.
  • Options
    yo breed..Target sells chill pills.. too:) you can get them there when you get the new pj cd:) LOL
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    edited June 2009
    redrock wrote:
    IamMine wrote:

*mutters*

Sorry! :oops:

I should have thought before I said that... d'oh. It's just a number... lol
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options

Chill pills: I got some if you need it.

i'm more into the organic herbal chill remedy...but thanks for offering!
  • Options
    if the legalize it..maybe target will sell it:)
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    The 10 club is awesome!
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    IamMine wrote:

*mutters*

Sorry! :oops:

I should have thought before I said that... d'oh. It's just a number... lol

Nah.. who cares... I really don't. Funny... through PJ I met and get along and have loads of fun and good conversations with people who could be my kids!
  • Options

I think you may have missed my point - what I meant was that because piracy and a number of other things are happening, it may cause them to do some things a bit differently than before...