Was anyone from the board AT the show? Please post here

WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Hey all,

I've been reading these threads like crazy, and perhaps someone has rung in, but I don't recall seeing it.

Was anyone from this board (or a friend of a friend), at the Conan show. Please give any info or details you might have.

Or someone point me to the right place if it is already on here.

Thanks,

Wilds
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    as far as i know cosmo and pjpixie got in
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    norm wrote:

I knew Putty was a fan, but Cosmo?

kramer2.jpg
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    norm wrote:

Good for them. I guess I'm really after stories about how they got in?

How early did they arrive? Did everyone get in that showed? Doubt it, but?

How was the line.

I was too busy to go.... but want to know if I should be kicking myself for not showing up.
  • Labmonk_eLabmonk_e Posts: 26
    Purplerhino and I got there at 6:00pm Sunday night. We were first in line for standby. No one really knew what was going on. We started at gate 3, then were sent to gate 1, and then gate 2, where we finally found the elusive queuing area for the show. As I said, security had no information and were sending fans to different locations to lineup. By 12:00am, additional fans found us and began lining up behind us. At 4:00am security changed and I inquired whether they could provide us any info. They too were clueless. I returned to the line, which by now had grown to about 15 people. Then the sprinklers came on and made us scramble. The lucky ones only got a little smattering, but some of us got pretty wet. After the sprinklers stopped, it began to drizzle. We were cold and damp, but gradually dried a bit as the morning went on. The sun never did appear. Guess PJ brought more than their Seattle sound?? :P By 9:00am we were acknowledged by customer service and they said they would distribute standby tix after 10:00am.

A little after 10:00am, a camera crew and reporters appeared and began interviewing us. We were given standby passes and "Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien" hats. We were pretty stoked, getting interviewed, free hats, as well as me and purplerhino being number one and number two consecutively, on the standby list!! They told us to come back at 3:30 to lineup for standby!! :D Saweet!! :D

We returned early at 3:00, only to discover they were still letting people with tickets and confirmations in and that the show was severely overbooked. :cry: The customer service team appologized and said this being the first show they didn't want to take any chances and had intentionally overbooked it. We waited in line, hoping for something to happen, even though we were told there was no way we would get in. After 2 hours-- when the show was actually in progress, we gave up and headed home. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
    norm wrote:

Was good to hear Alan and Trixie got in :D
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,991
    Labmonk_e wrote:
    Purplerhino and I got there at 6:00pm Sunday night. We were first in line for standby. No one really knew what was going on. We started at gate 3, then were sent to gate 1, and then gate 2, where we finally found the elusive queuing area for the show. As I said, security had no information and were sending fans to different locations to lineup. By 12:00am, additional fans found us and began lining up behind us. At 4:00am security changed and I inquired whether they could provide us any info. They too were clueless. I returned to the line, which by now had grown to about 15 people. Then the sprinklers came on and made us scramble. The lucky ones only got a little smattering, but some of us got pretty wet. After the sprinklers stopped, it began to drizzle. We were cold and damp, but gradually dried a bit as the morning went on. The sun never did appear. Guess PJ brought more than their Seattle sound?? :P By 9:00am we were acknowledged by customer service and they said they would distribute standby tix after 10:00am.

A little after 10:00am, a camera crew and reporters appeared and began interviewing us. We were given standby passes and "Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien" hats. We were pretty stoked, getting interviewed, free hats, as well as me and purplerhino being number one and number two consecutively, on the standby list!! They told us to come back at 3:30 to lineup for standby!! :D Saweet!! :D

We returned early at 3:00, only to discover they were still letting people with tickets and confirmations in and that the show was severely overbooked. :cry: The customer service team appologized and said this being the first show they didn't want to take any chances and had intentionally overbooked it. We waited in line, hoping for something to happen, even though we were told there was no way we would get in. After 2 hours-- when the show was actually in progress, we gave up and headed home. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Wow- that all just sucks! Sorry you didn't get in
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Wow. Thanks so much for the story. Sorry you didn't get in. :cry:

But sounds like an interesting experience.
    Labmonk_e wrote:
    We were pretty stoked, getting interviewed, free hats

...i see the glass as half full!
    865ZDlhzt3.jpg

:D
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Labmonk_e...haven't seen that name on the board in a long while. Sorry about your experience.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Labmonk_e wrote:

865ZDlhzt3.jpg

you don't know how we felt after leaving, only to dicover that Ed had some if we need some. :cry:
    Labmonk_e wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Labmonk_e wrote:

865ZDlhzt3.jpg

you don't know how we felt after leaving, only to dicover that Ed had some if we need some. :cry:

...sorry. You gave it the best try you could have. No matter the band, the first ever Tonight Show was gonna be packed. You did everything right to try to get in. Sorry it didn't work. :cry:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    Labmonk_e wrote:

too bad for u..so sorry..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”